Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

Lease returns

5K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  Fateswarning 
#1 ·
Has anyone returned a lease to Infiniti before? How strict are they on the mileage? I ask this because my gf returned a BMW and she was about 10k over her allowed mileage and they didnt say anything. Im returning my 2015 Q50 in about a year.

#2 ·
Generally they will let some things slide if you are getting another model from them. Otherwise its very strict to what the return lease paperwork states. I dont know how they didnt charge her for being 10k over...either a clerical error on their part or they really needed to sell another model (assuming she got another bmw)

#3 ·
Only went over my mileage once on my first 07 G35 coupe and after that I never did. I did get charged for being over my miles and a scratched wheels. After that all my cars were returned earlier than when they were due since I always got another Infiniti so I rarely had to pay and damages, then again I always get 18k miles a year and am meticulous with the up keep. The inspector has gotten used to me and basically doesn't bother checking everything since he knows I take care of my cars :cool:

#4 ·
she was about 10k over her allowed mileage and they didnt say anything.
Either this is total BS, or there's more to the story (likely). She leased another BMW from them, right? No way they let her slide on 10K miles. They don't let you slide on 1K miles over.

Yes, Infiniti is going to bill you for going over miles. $0.25/mile. If you lease another Infiniti, they'll waive up to $500 in excess wear and tear (which includes miles). If you're going to go over miles, and you want another Infiniti next time, you should think about turning in the car a little early. Infiniti will typically let you out two months early if you're leasing another Infiniti. But you still get the full 39 months worth of miles in that scenario.

#6 ·
No its the truth. Its not something I would need to make up just to post on here. I was amazed as well. I had a few leases but I always sold it before it was time to turn it in.Also she didnt get another BMW. She ended up just buying a used car, she didnt want payments anymore.

#5 ·
They are very strict, If you lease another infiniti they will take $500 off excessive wear/Mileage but thats all. Also depending on the state you're in you have to pay Cash for excessive mileage/wear. In California they will NOT accept a credit card so be prepared to dish out cash to them because they use a POS service called Bill Matrix. They tack on a bunch of fee's and to top it off will NOT accept anything but a check or cash payment to them for any amount you owe them. They will also no do a payment plan so you better be careful about mileage if you know you will go over.

#8 ·
I'd be surprised if that slips.
It's one of the first things they enter when they do the lease return.

If you lease another infiniti they kick some general purpose cash ($500 ??) towards your lease return for any repairs or other issues.
Maybe they will apply it to over mileage?

#10 ·
They didn't charge me for the disposition fee...

Until a little over a month later.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.