Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

0-60 time?

39K views 70 replies 33 participants last post by  misiektoja 
#1 ·
I found this in a British article about the Q. Though the cars will certainly have some slight differences, this line stuck out:

The Infiniti Q50 3.5-litre, 364PS Direct Response Hybrid surges from 0-62mph in only 5.3 seconds

So, maybe a 5.2 seconds for a 0-60 run?

#13 ·
Unfortunately, no direct sources.

#14 ·
AWD may be a tad quicker but the RWD 3.7 Q50 will be right in the same range as the G37 RWD 5.0 to 5.3 sec range as tested to 60, if it gets a 4.9 cool. It along with the 335 will remain the quickest options in this segment!

#22 ·
Does anyone know what are the 0-60 differences between AWD and RWD hybrids ? I guess RWD is faster, but what is the difference ?

#26 ·
If it isn't under 5 seconds for the Hybrid Q50 then I would consider it a disappointment.

BMW 335 gets to 60 in 4.8 seconds and in some Youtube videos even faster
Audi S4 gets to 60 in 4.8 seconds and in some Youtube videos even faster

Reactions: Kimochi
#29 ·
Well that isn't a fair comparison really because those are both cars that have either a Turbo or Supercharger, both that can be manipulated fairly easily with S/W. You can get them both running in the low 4's with minor tweaks.

The Q50 is normally aspirated so unless you slap a turbo or SC on one we'll never achieve those times.

#27 · (Edited)
It is amazing how hard it is to get accurate data about 0-60 / 0-62 times for Q50.

Infiniti in Europe states that Q50S Hybrid RWD makes 0-62 mph (0-100 km/h) in 5.2 seconds. There is no info about hybrid AWD or non-hybrid 3.7V6, apparently Infiniti still hasn't tested it. But looking into M35h hybrid I think we can assume that 0-60 times will be around 4.9 seconds for Q50S Hybrid RWD. It is why I concluded it:

M35h and Q50 hybrid have almost the same hybrid engine

M35h RWD makes 0-62 in 5.5 seconds and 0-60 in 5.2 seconds

M35 RWD non-hybrid 3.7V6 makes 0-62 in 6.2 seconds and 0-60 in 5.9 seconds

So Q50S Hybrid RWD is faster than M35h RWD by about 0.3 seconds and at the same time it seems that the difference between 0-60 and 0-62 is 0.3 seconds, so I think we can simplify here and assume that Q50S hybrid RWD makes 0-60 in 4.9 seconds. At least I hope it will be this way.

Now looking into G37 it seems that AWD is slower than RWD by about 0.1 seconds, so my guess is that Q50S Hybrid AWD will have 0-60 times about 5.0 seconds and 0-62 about 5.3 seconds. Let's see in few weeks if I was right :)

#31 ·
Break-in period! :D

Maybe Aggie would oblige us to one! :D

Reactions: SimpsonTide985
#36 ·
Such apps using standard 1Hz GPS, accelerometer or ECU data are very inaccurate. They are more toys, they are not supposed to be used for professional measurements, the results are skewed most of the time.

You need to use something like Racelogic Performance Box or G-Tech Pro SS / RR. I even tried once to build some set using phone, 10Hz GPS and different iOS, Android and WM apps, but with no success. Nothing can be as accurate as mentioned devices.

Reactions: gbert15
#37 ·
Did it with one of those apps last night. Got 4.1 sec 0-60. For some reason I don't think it's that fast. :D

Butt dyno says probably about 4.7-4.8 on the hybrid. Should be a little better with sticker tires.

I care much more about the 1/4 mile time and most importantly the trap speed!!!

#38 · (Edited)
I think a part of me really wants to wait until there's some solid Hybrid vs Gas numbers (on paper) before I lean towards either one because the prices themselves are quite comparable if you're willing to give up a few options on the Hybrid versus the Gas...I'm thinking it might just be easy enough for me to just hop into both cars and see for myself. :eek:

#41 ·
It seems it should be really possible to make 4.9 seconds with Q50S Hybrid, if Q50S 3.7V6 makes 0-60 in 5.2 seconds:

#48 ·
Those numbers are so variable---depending on so many different things. They're good to know if you're thinking about racing or taking a car out to the track. However when it gets to certain ranges, the speeds are quite negligible for the most part, especially when it comes to real world driving where the 0-40mph is really what tends to matter more than anything.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.