post #11 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-10-2014, 12:48 PM
Supporting Vendor

Mentioned: 76 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 406 Post(s)
Team_STILLEN is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.Seyadi View Post
i understand now that the ( underdrive pulley ) is using only for " supercharge " right ?
You have to use the standard pulley is required if you are going to run a supercharger. The underdrive will get you more power than the standard pulley.

Financing with Affirm now available!!!

STILLEN Brand Manager
| Mark Dorman | markd@stillen.com | 800.576.2131 x140 | Instagram: @mark_stillen

2016 Q50 Silver Sport - Majestic White on Black - | STILLEN | RSR | Vossen | Nitto |
post #12 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-13-2015, 09:16 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
aassami is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team_STILLEN View Post
You will notice some power gains from the Pulley upgrades. The Underdrive Pulley will get you the best gains because it free's up more power that is normally used to drive the accessories.

The main reasons to stick with the Standard Sized Light Weight Pulley are:
A) You are running a large aftermarket Stereo system that draws a lot of power.
B) If you are planning on going with a Supercharger later on (the underdrive will under power the supercharger if used).
i ordered the Underdrive Pulley with the belt.

don't you guys have a tune to go with Underdrive Pulley , Cold Air Intake Kit and Exhaust System ?
if not do you recommend any one ?

regards
post #13 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-13-2015, 12:11 PM
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by aassami View Post
i ordered the Underdrive Pulley with the belt.

don't you guys have a tune to go with Underdrive Pulley , Cold Air Intake Kit and Exhaust System ?
if not do you recommend any one ?

regards
We do not have a premade tune for the intake and exhaust (underdrive pulley doesn't change anything on the tuning side). We could do dyno tuning for you car and there are some options. Where are you located?

STILLEN Brand Manager
| Mark Dorman | markd@stillen.com | 800.576.2131 x140 | Instagram: @mark_stillen

2016 Q50 Silver Sport - Majestic White on Black - | STILLEN | RSR | Vossen | Nitto |

post #14 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-08-2015, 12:52 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
DallasQ is on a distinguished road
Garage

Stillen,

Do you have an estimated HP gain for the underdrive pulley and the standard lightweight pulley to see the difference in HP changes on the Q50 3.7? The weight difference with each seems like it would make the biggest difference in performance as the underdrive is 3.73 lbs. lighter and the standard lightweight pulley is 3.4 pounds lighter. I read somewhere that you can gain (on average) from 3-6HP per pound saved since the power is under the power curve so (theoretically) the underdrive pulley "can" gain anywhere from 11.19 - 22.38 HP (not including any potential HP gains from the underdrive aspect) and the standard lightweight pulley could gain 10.2 - 20.4HP.

It seems the standard pulley would be the better option for standard cars and normal drivers who aren't racing all day every day (or drive in high RPM mode all the time).

I was also curious if you have tested voltage and power loss with the underdrive pulley. I drive on the highway a lot with cruise control and I don't want my battery to die one day because it wasn't charging enough.

Also, I live near Dallas, TX and I have no idea how to install anything like this or know anyone who could. Do you have suppliers that do this in this area or could you direct me to any place that would handle this type of thing (besides the overpriced car dealer lmao)?

Last edited by DallasQ; 08-10-2015 at 03:43 AM.
post #15 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-10-2015, 03:30 PM
Supporting Vendor

We do not have tests of both on the Q50 specifically, but we have done extensive testing on the VQ37 with both pulleys. You typically gain 10-12 whp with the Underdrive pulley and 6-8 whp with the standard size lightweight pulley.

You can check out/call Jotech Motorsports (972-494-2100). They are in the Dallas area and have worked on a few of our customer's Q50s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasQ View Post
Stillen,

Do you have an estimated HP gain for the underdrive pulley and the standard lightweight pulley to see the difference in HP changes on the Q50 3.7? The weight difference with each seems like it would make the biggest difference in performance as the underdrive is 3.73 lbs. lighter and the standard lightweight pulley is 3.4 pounds lighter. I read somewhere that you can gain (on average) from 3-6HP per pound saved since the power is under the power curve so (theoretically) the underdrive pulley "can" gain anywhere from 11.19 - 22.38 HP (not including any potential HP gains from the underdrive aspect) and the standard lightweight pulley could gain 10.2 - 20.4HP.

It seems the standard pulley would be the better option for standard cars and normal drivers who aren't racing all day every day (or drive in high RPM mode all the time).

I was also curious if you have tested voltage and power loss with the underdrive pulley. I drive on the highway a lot with cruise control and I don't want my battery to die one day because it wasn't charging enough.

Also, I live near Dallas, TX and I have no idea how to install anything like this or know anyone who could. Do you have suppliers that do this in this area or could you direct me to any place that would handle this type of thing (besides the overpriced car dealer lmao)?

STILLEN Brand Manager

post #16 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-10-2015, 06:46 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
DallasQ is on a distinguished road
Garage

I've heard of them, I think I've used them in the past as well (Garland).

Thanks for the info!
post #17 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-03-2015, 10:23 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Q'ed up is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team_STILLEN View Post
You have to use the standard pulley is required if you are going to run a supercharger. The underdrive will get you more power than the standard pulley.
Stillen has two pulley's advertised for the Q, which one should I use on a Q50 Sport model?

2014 Q50 Sport Graphite Shadow

Takata Intakes / Stillen Drilled & Slotted Rotors / Stillen Cat Back exhaust / Stillen Rear Sway Bar / Stillen Light Weight Underdrive Pulley
post #18 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-08-2015, 12:21 PM
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q'ed up View Post
Stillen has two pulley's advertised for the Q, which one should I use on a Q50 Sport model?

If you are planning on going supercharger...get the standard.
STILLEN Infiniti Q50 Standard Performance Lightweight Crank Pulley

If you are planning on remaining naturally aspirated (NA), get the underdrive.
STILLEN Infiniti Q50 Underdrive Performance Lightweight Crank Pulley

STILLEN Brand Manager

post #19 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-11-2015, 04:13 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Q'ed up is on a distinguished road

My pulley is on the way... who here has installed one and who did you get to do it? I installed my own on my maxima but don't want to tackle this one myself. Thanks for the feedback.
Team_STILLEN likes this.

2014 Q50 Sport Graphite Shadow

Takata Intakes / Stillen Drilled & Slotted Rotors / Stillen Cat Back exhaust / Stillen Rear Sway Bar / Stillen Light Weight Underdrive Pulley
post #20 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-12-2015, 02:39 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
15Q50S is on a distinguished road
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q'ed up View Post
My pulley is on the way... who here has installed one and who did you get to do it? I installed my own on my maxima but don't want to tackle this one myself. Thanks for the feedback.

I thought about ordering the pulley but not sure yet. Let me know if you can feel any gains.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Q50S RWD -Moonlight White with Graphite Interior / Kacchu Aluminum- Performance Wheel Package

- Infiniti Spor Muffler Kit
——K&
———N Drop Ins

- Z1 Silicone Post-MAF Intake Hoses

DIY LED Rear Turn Signal Swap -CLICK HERE

Previous vehicles
2012 Audi A6 3.0T Quattro Premium Plus (Totaled by flood)
- APR Stage I & II
2013 Nissan 370z Touring w/sport package
- STILLEN Gen 3 intakes
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Infiniti Q50 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.