LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 57 (permalink) Old 07-14-2016, 11:12 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
tpeterson88 is on a distinguished road
Garage
Cool '16 3.0L Turbo Mods...Anyone yet?

Greetings, first post on the forum and didn't see too much on the '16 3.0L Twin Turbo. Unfortunately not the Red Sport but still a huge upgrade over my 3.7L. Yes, I will have pics soon of the stock setup but I wanted to know if anyone had started playing with the ECU or any bolt on modifications yet. Airflow still seems somewhat restricted and seems like it can definitely handle more power. Am in the Tampa, FL area if anyone knows where I can throw it on the dyno to see what we can do with this thing.

Regards,
Tim
post #2 of 57 (permalink) Old 07-14-2016, 12:25 PM
Über Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 230 Post(s)
Fateswarning is an unknown quantity at this point

Welcome!

Not too much talk about the 300hp model.

Could you give us some details on the huge upgrade?
Q602B likes this.
post #3 of 57 (permalink) Old 07-14-2016, 03:32 PM

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
twostep361 is on a distinguished road

im geting my 3" dual x-pipe installed.. lets see when i get it back do video and see if it helped.. Im thinking 10-15rwp
stock pipe is 2"od

I think the 3.7 highflow cats bolt right up but you will have to get a bung fabbed up. On the 3.7 the bung is on the rear of the cat. The 3.0tt has it in front of the second cats.

Thats my next exhaust mod soon,just got done talking it over with my exhaust shop.
Highflow casts $$ plus 150-200 for the install /bung. i was quoted. Thats good for another 10-15rwp
on a N/a you 7-10

However the bolts are very difficult to get to, you can even see them from the top.NOt sure whats the process on removing it.

stillen i think is working a on Intake.but i don't see it its really crammed in there even in front of the radiator there stuff in the way.

then the wait is on for a tune, and maybe better intercoolers,bypass the boost sensor somehow .
should be good for 500-600 for not to much hundos

Last edited by twostep361; 07-14-2016 at 03:37 PM.

post #4 of 57 (permalink) Old 07-14-2016, 04:27 PM
Über Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 183 Post(s)
Ninja is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by twostep361 View Post
im geting my 3" dual x-pipe installed.. lets see when i get it back do video and see if it helped.. Im thinking 10-15rwp
stock pipe is 2"od

I think the 3.7 highflow cats bolt right up but you will have to get a bung fabbed up. On the 3.7 the bung is on the rear of the cat. The 3.0tt has it in front of the second cats.

Thats my next exhaust mod soon,just got done talking it over with my exhaust shop.
Highflow casts $$ plus 150-200 for the install /bung. i was quoted. Thats good for another 10-15rwp
on a N/a you 7-10

However the bolts are very difficult to get to, you can even see them from the top.NOt sure whats the process on removing it.

stillen i think is working a on Intake.but i don't see it its really crammed in there even in front of the radiator there stuff in the way.

then the wait is on for a tune, and maybe better intercoolers,bypass the boost sensor somehow .
should be good for 500-600 for not to much hundos
jazzmang and Fateswarning like this.

2014 Blk/Blk Q50S AWD
+35% Black Tinted

post #5 of 57 (permalink) Old 07-14-2016, 06:27 PM

lol this guy is a troll
post #6 of 57 (permalink) Old 07-14-2016, 06:55 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Yazovets is on a distinguished road
Garage

I really don't get it...

Why would someone buy the 300hp model and then spend all this extra money on mods? Why don't you just buy the 400hp model to begin with? What is the satisfaction (if any) on getting 15 more horses from a 300hp model when you start approaching 400hp costs after all those parts, tuning and the cost of time itself?????
Ninja and Fateswarning like this.

"Le Poisson III" - 2014 Q50 AWD | Hagane Blue on Black | Premium & Nav | Infiniti Sport Muffler | XtremeStop Drilled/Slotted Brakes | 15% Tint | Weathertech Floor & Trunk Liners | Continental PureContact | Bridgestone Blizzak WS80 | Alpine 10" 500W RMS Sub
post #7 of 57 (permalink) Old 07-14-2016, 10:06 PM

stillen said it would better to mod since it doesnt have the boost sensor on the trubos. but what do i know.
post #8 of 57 (permalink) Old 07-14-2016, 10:20 PM
Über Member

Quote:
stillen said it would better to mod since it doesnt have the boost sensor on the trubos. but what do i know.

2014 Blk/Blk Q50S AWD
+35% Black Tinted

post #9 of 57 (permalink) Old 07-14-2016, 10:23 PM
Über Member

Quote:
Seriously though....that is about the most counter-intuitively, poorly worded response I could've imagined.

So you bought a different car because "stillen said it would better to mod since it doesnt have the boost sensor on the trubos [sic]" ?That's retarded dude. Just..... just... beyond retarded.

2014 Blk/Blk Q50S AWD
+35% Black Tinted

post #10 of 57 (permalink) Old 07-14-2016, 11:00 PM
Master Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 152 Post(s)
Q50SAWDvs.G37SAWD is on a distinguished road
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja View Post
Seriously though....that is about the most counter-intuitively, poorly worded response I could've imagined.

So you bought a different car because "stillen said it would better to mod since it doesnt have the boost sensor on the trubos [sic]" ?That's retarded dude. Just..... just... beyond retarded.
What he said...

2014 Infiniti Q50 Sport AWD / Nav / OEM Rear Decklid Spoiler / OEM Splash Guards / Stillen Cold Air Intake / Stillen Axle-Back Exhaust / Stillen Front Splitter / WeatherTech Floor Mats / Infiniti Logo LED Courtesy Lighting / Michelin Pilot Super Sport non-runflat tires.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Infiniti Q50 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.