Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

Any cold air intakes for q50s red sport?

13K views 17 replies 7 participants last post by  Team_STILLEN 
#1 ·
just got a q50s red sport, installed a tanabe mediallion exhaust on there. Any cold air intakes available for the 2016 red sport?

#2 · (Edited)
I've read that they don't help and may hurt low end on the 3.7. I don't know if they'd help the RS. I'd like to hear from the experts. It stands to reason that it may help since colder dryer air helps turbos performance.

#4 ·
The air will be heated considerably as it is compressed by the turbocharger. If you want denser air into the engine pack some dry ice in front of the aftercooler.

#5 ·
We are finishing up development on the intake. A true cold air intake for this car would be very difficult because of space. Intakes should be ready in the next month or two.

The way the intakes are placed now they are practically cold air type, same as it was with G37 vehicles. Its diminishing returns. You may get some gains if you tune, otherwise its a waste of money.
Interesting that you say this. Intakes on the G37 (at least the STILLEN Gen 3's) yielded good results even without a tune. Now once there are intakes finished and dyno results are in for the 3.0t Q50's you might be able to claim this as true, but as of now we have only seen people slap cone filters on the factory MAF's which do result in a power loss. Because factory intakes are restrictive there are definitely gains to be found.

#6 ·
We are finishing up development on the intake. A true cold air intake for this car would be very difficult because of space. Intakes should be ready in the next month or two.

Interesting that you say this. Intakes on the G37 (at least the STILLEN Gen 3's) yielded good results even without a tune. Now once there are intakes finished and dyno results are in for the 3.0t Q50's you might be able to claim this as true, but as of now we have only seen people slap cone filters on the factory MAF's which do result in a power loss. Because factory intakes are restrictive there are definitely gains to be found.
ill be waiting for that intake! any specifications on gains? if any?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.