Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

Does Stillen spoiler increase performance?

3K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  strikemyrmidon 
#1 ·
#3 ·
LOL the only "performance" change you might see theoretically is a negative one since you're adding more mass to the car.

Seriously, all these special bumpers, side skirts, spoilers would only make a difference in terms of airflow and downforce on a much more powerful, real sports car.

Reactions: vector7
#4 ·
It'll be purely cosmetic.

#5 · (Edited)
These guys are totally wrong. The Stillen spoiler adds at least three whp. Four, if you put a Stillen decal on the rear windshield.

And a huge bump in downforce. My buddy put one on his Q50. Right after, I jumped in the passenger seat and we measured downforce. It had increased almost 200lbs from when I was outside the car.

#8 ·
These guys are totally wrong. The Stillen spoiler adds at least three whp. Four, if you put a Stillen decal on the rear windshield.

And a huge bump in downforce. My buddy put one on his Q50. Right after, I jumped in the passenger seat and we measured downforce. It had increased almost 200lbs from when I was outside the car.
I always thought the sticker added 4-5 whp by itself. Diminishing returns strikes again.

#7 ·
if you have to ask...

#9 ·
I dont think hes trolling, because there is two sides to this performance question. Does it add performance characteristics like down force at very high speeds? Yes, in high end car it does, but it vastly depends on the design of the spoiler. A spoiler like Stillen is a deck style, which adds well...style rather than performance. If you look at a Bugatti for example, or a Lambo, those automated spoilers are meant to keep the car down at high speed and tight turns.

You wouldnt see a performance benefit in a daily.

#10 ·

OP specifically asked re: a Q50 and using Stillen as the aftermarket vendor. Your whole response is moot. The other poster was clearly trolling.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.