Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

Painted Tail Light Housings

22K views 33 replies 21 participants last post by  Bvlgari93 
#1 ·
Hey guys, this is something cool I thought I would share with everyone. Most people get their headlights painted and their tail lights tinted from the outside. But recently, I had the inside of my tail lights painted to bring out the details and lines that are masked by the all red look.

Here are some preview pictures I have while the inner tails are painted. I should have more pics of them installed hopefully by next week or early the week after next.

Attachments

See less See more
#8 ·
Reactions: Fateswarning
#16 ·
Seems like an easier alternative to painting them. How much were they?

#19 ·
I bought the tail lights off Keyur last month, LOVE the look. I had vinyl on my previous coupe and after 2 years, it just started to fade and didn't have that clean look. I'm loving this look so far.

Reactions: dragion
#24 ·
With the lights painted like that on the inside is it still street legal? Tickets now for smoked tail lights are up to around $500 but since this isn't covering the whole light I figured it was worth asking. Does anyone know?

Goonz- Love the look, did you vinyl wrap your roof or paint it black? I was considering doing a blacked out look on my graphite shadow Q50 RS. I'm planning to dechrome it and get black 20" rims. I was considering doing the roof too. I got the black grille replacement, do you guys think painting the chrome the body color or matte black to match the vinyl is a better way to go? Thanks for any feedback.

#25 ·
Man, those taillights look sweet!

Goonz, can you post a few pix of the taillights when you have the its lights on, and also when stepping on the brakes?

Reactions: BigHeadClan
#27 ·
The area's that light up in the tail light are not painted so it will look nothing different than OEM, below is the best pic I can do for now, this was when I first installed them in January.

#28 ·
Thanks for sharing, Goonz.

#29 ·
Great winter project. I wonder how they re-sealed them....?

#30 ·
Man that really sets off the lights, such a minor change but ti really helps make it look premium.

Reactions: Twitchy
#31 ·
They reseal them through the use of plastic welding. I?ve had them throughout a NJ winter and all types of other weather, they?ve held up fine. Something as simple as blacking out the housings makes a huge difference for lights like these that have a lot of details!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.