338Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
#61 (permalink) Old 05-27-2013, 12:47 AM
Q50 Addict

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
jkay is on a distinguished road

Yep - if Infiniti is doing their 'pull ahead' program they'll usually forgive the last 3 payments of a lease. If they roll those payments into a new deal then it's not so good.

After looking at the numbers, I'm not as excited with the 10k miles though. Wouldn't be bad with 12k miles/yr if they get to current rates and we can score a discount off of MSRP a few months after launch. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Right now the M's are running below 1% on their lease rate but they aren't selling too many of those . . .
GtoQ likes this.

Relax. . . It's just a car

06 M
08 G35x
10 G37xS
2014 Q50sAWD Graphite/Graphite: Nav, Touring, Tech and what the heck, throw in a spare tire
#62 (permalink) Old 05-27-2013, 01:29 AM
Master Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
GtoQ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by tt_45 View Post
Between 6-9 months before the end of the lease. Usually there's a newer model or something else I really liked so I signed up for the new lease. The old lease, whatever was left, payments/miliges, will just get "washed out". I didn't pay ANY penalty or "make up".. I think it's to their advantage to have a new lease signed. so it's sort of win-win.
I think you mean the negative equity get added to your new lease ... I have however seen the Infiniti pull ahead program go out as far as 6 months ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpsonTide985 View Post
Hmnmmmm....
Lol

2010G37S//LiquidPlatinum//Premium//Sport//Nav//15% LLumar tint//TANABE//HYPERTECH//K&N SRI//V1
#63 (permalink) Old 05-27-2013, 02:20 AM
Master Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
tt_45 is on a distinguished road

[QUOTE=GtoQ;21457]I think you mean the negative equity get added to your new lease ... I have however seen the Infiniti pull ahead program go out as far as 6 months ...

Hmmmm, I don't think so.. I believe he let me sign a new lease at about 2.5 yr into my old one without any penalty or carrying over any balance...
#64 (permalink) Old 05-27-2013, 03:28 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 127 Post(s)
SimpsonTide985 has a reputation beyond repute SimpsonTide985 has a reputation beyond repute SimpsonTide985 has a reputation beyond repute SimpsonTide985 has a reputation beyond repute SimpsonTide985 has a reputation beyond repute SimpsonTide985 has a reputation beyond repute SimpsonTide985 has a reputation beyond repute SimpsonTide985 has a reputation beyond repute SimpsonTide985 has a reputation beyond repute SimpsonTide985 has a reputation beyond repute SimpsonTide985 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GtoQ View Post

Lol
I've just got so many different options to consider at this point and so many new and upcoming cars that are piquing my interest at the moment.

It's like, the more car research you do, the more and more difficult the decision making becomes..

2014 Infiniti Q50S Venetian Ruby
RWD / Graphite Interior
Navigation / Deluxe Touring

Appearance Package, Splash Guards, Welcome Lighting, Ambient Lighting, Cargo & Spare Tire, Illuminated Kick Plates
Photo Gallery
#65 (permalink) Old 05-27-2013, 08:23 AM
Q50 Addict

You said it Simpson!! Just thinking the same thing.

On the positive side, it's nice to finally have viable options.

I really want to get a feel for the realistic leases on the Q as I think there still may be a value proposition on the lease vs. some of the competition. At least I hope that's the case once the launch fever calms down.

So I ran some MADE UP, imaginary, not real numbers on a 12K mile lease using the same numbers as above with a few changes.

Note: there is no basis in fact for these numbers, just a bit of an expectation of what may come on the Q lease after some time:

62%residual (guessing 2% diff from the above 10k scenario)
MSRP est;$54,000
Cap Cost:$51,000 (gotta figure $3000 off MSRP at some point may be realistic based on today's Infiniti invoice vs MSRP)
Money factor closer to 2% to be realistic for a few months from now

Looking at high 5's for payment if my math is right (plus monthly tax here in Pa) with nothing additional paid down (figure tax, tags, bank fee and 1st payment due at closing).

That wouldn't be too bad I don't think.

Someone want to double check my math?

06 M
08 G35x
10 G37xS
2014 Q50sAWD Graphite/Graphite: Nav, Touring, Tech and what the heck, throw in a spare tire

Last edited by jkay; 05-27-2013 at 10:57 AM. Reason: Corrected the math! Thanks Simpsontide!
#66 (permalink) Old 05-27-2013, 09:40 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
trey100 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by tt_45 View Post
So, officially reserved/ordered my Q50 today at the dealer: hybrid AWD premium fully loaded (except sport). Malbec black exterior; graphite interior.

Here's the details of my lease quoted:
MSRP $53,195.00
Residual %/amount: 64% $34,044.80
Term: 39
LMF: 0.00170
Total add cap cost: $700
Adjusted cap cost: $53,869.72
Customer cash down (drive off): $ 1,250.00 (1st month, etc. $0 down payment)
Base monthly rental: $657.78
Payment (including tax) : $722.24

If 24months term, the payment goes up to over $820.

It's more expensive than I hoped, but I doubt if they have much flexibility. Besides, they took care of my Lexus lease.

ETA: 8/13. The manager was able to order mine together with theirs today. So my Malbec black Q50 will be among the very first arrivals!

Deposit $1000. It was confirmed that in Aug after test drive MY Q50, if for any reason I want to back out the deal/lease, I will not be obligated.

EXCITED!
Don't take this the wrong way, but I can't understand why everyone thinks this is a good deal. Yes, the Infiniti residual is nice and the money factor is fair (far from great) but overall, I don't see any reduction in your cap cost. It looks like they are charging you full MSRP. Correct me if I am reading it incorrectly. I don't care how new a car is, I would never pay MSRP especially on a lease where any reduction goes directly into a reduction in payment at its full value. A $3k reduction is $80-90 per month.

Also, unless your Lexus had positive equity (very very unusual) then no one eats that money. They just play the numbers so that it looks like that. So if they had to eat say $3k then they just give you a $3k less of a deal on the cap cost. If it did have positive equity then they just took even more money from you when you consider they didn't take any money off of MSRP. They just kept the equity for themselves.
#67 (permalink) Old 05-27-2013, 09:44 AM
Super Moderator

SimpsonTide985 has a reputation beyond repute SimpsonTide985 has a reputation beyond repute SimpsonTide985 has a reputation beyond repute SimpsonTide985 has a reputation beyond repute SimpsonTide985 has a reputation beyond repute SimpsonTide985 has a reputation beyond repute SimpsonTide985 has a reputation beyond repute SimpsonTide985 has a reputation beyond repute SimpsonTide985 has a reputation beyond repute SimpsonTide985 has a reputation beyond repute SimpsonTide985 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkay View Post
You said it Simpson!! Just thinking the same thing.

On the positive side, it's nice to finally have viable options.

I really want to get a feel for the realistic leases on the Q as I think there still may be a value proposition on the lease vs. some of the competition. At least I hope that's the case once the launch fever calms down.

So I ran some MADE UP, imaginary, not real numbers on a 12K mile lease using the same numbers as above with a few changes.

Note: there is no basis in fact for these numbers, just a bit of an expectation of what may come on the Q lease after some time:

62%residual (guessing 2% diff from the above 10k scenario)
MSRP est;$54,000
Cap Cost:$51,000 (gotta figure $3000 off MSRP at some point may be realistic based on today's Infiniti invoice vs MSRP)
Money factor closer to 2% to be realistic for a few months from now

Looking at high 4's to low 5's for payment if my math is right (plus monthly tax here in Pa)

That wouldn't be too bad I don't think.

Someone want to double check my math?
Hmmm, I dunno about low 5's. Maybe closer to high 5's depending on the down payment.

RWD / Graphite Interior

Appearance Package, Splash Guards, Welcome Lighting, Ambient Lighting, Cargo & Spare Tire, Illuminated Kick Plates
Photo Gallery
#68 (permalink) Old 05-27-2013, 10:31 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
klimchuk is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by trey100 View Post
I don't care how new a car is, I would never pay MSRP especially on a lease where any reduction goes directly into a reduction in payment at its full value.
Well, new car is more expensive. If you don't like that you need to wait 2014.
trey100 likes this.
#69 (permalink) Old 05-27-2013, 10:55 AM
Q50 Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpsonTide985 View Post
Hmmm, I dunno about low 5's. Maybe closer to high 5's depending on the down payment.
You're right. Sorry about that. My lease spreadsheet must have been calculating incorrectly. Used a better one and it's about $575 without tax. Good catch! I'll edit the original post. Thanks for catching that.

Now we're in M territory. Should be interesting to see what folks do when the payments are that close. Maybe they'll finally start moving some M's

06 M
08 G35x
10 G37xS

Last edited by jkay; 05-27-2013 at 10:58 AM.
#70 (permalink) Old 05-27-2013, 11:52 AM
Super Moderator

I've always liked the idea of possibly getting an M.

See my test drive thread:
http://www.infinitiq50.org/forum/inf...-inside-3.html

I'll just have to see how the offers look in a few months...

Does anyone know if the M is getting any small updates for the 2014 model year?

RWD / Graphite Interior

Photo Gallery
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2014 Infiniti Q50 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.