3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-18-2017, 11:05 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Solarflare is on a distinguished road
Default RS400 vs VST 2 turbo Ecoboost Mustang

This guy wanted to get a baseline run after his mods (VTT stage 2 turbo, intake, catback, tune on 93). He couldn't find a stock GT to run so I volunteered since stock GT should be fairly even to me if not a bit slower. He's in the 380whp/420wtq range at like 25psi. We met up and did a dig, 20 and 40mph in that order. Pulled a few lengths from a dig, he jumped out a car or 2 from 20 but had to let off. 40 was pretty good, his torque advantage put him out 1.5 lengths then I reeled him back and put slightly more than a car on him by 125ish. This car has some sort of computer strategy that it doesn't really like to go in 1st gear at 20, throttle closes back even in sport mode and TC Off, maybe boost control??

Q602B and azcatz11 like this.
post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-18-2017, 07:41 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 103 Post(s)
azcatz11 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solarflare View Post
This guy wanted to get a baseline run after his mods (VTT stage 2 turbo, intake, catback, tune on 93). He couldn't find a stock GT to run so I volunteered since stock GT should be fairly even to me if not a bit slower. He's in the 380whp/420wtq range at like 25psi. We met up and did a dig, 20 and 40mph in that order. Pulled a few lengths from a dig, he jumped out a car or 2 from 20 but had to let off. 40 was pretty good, his torque advantage put him out 1.5 lengths then I reeled him back and put slightly more than a car on him by 125ish. This car has some sort of computer strategy that it doesn't really like to go in 1st gear at 20, throttle closes back even in sport mode and TC Off, maybe boost control??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmtu9vGh_pc
Nice video! I'm curious why your friend would buy an ecoboost Mustang and mod the car rather than just buying a GT? Doesn't make much sense to me!
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-18-2017, 09:19 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by azcatz11 View Post
Nice video! I'm curious why your friend would buy an ecoboost Mustang and mod the car rather than just buying a GT? Doesn't make much sense to me!
Not a friend, I met him thru the mustang forums (I own a GT as well). At the time when he bought it the ecoboost was the one within his budget and he was driving long distances to work so mileage was important. He bought it for just under 25k and put 2K into it with the turbo swap, exhaust and tune.

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-18-2017, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Not a friend, I met him thru the mustang forums (I own a GT as well). At the time when he bought it the ecoboost was the one within his budget and he was driving long distances to work so mileage was important. He bought it for just under 25k and put 2K into it with the turbo swap, exhaust and tune.
Gotcha - I wasn't hating just wondering. Does he like the car?

Anyways, these cars weigh about the same and have about the same amount of power. Sounds like a very fair race.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-18-2017, 10:29 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
q50adix is on a distinguished road

Sorry but i have to ask, why did you blur your face on this video while you didn't on the other vids? :-)
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-18-2017, 10:31 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Gotcha - I wasn't hating just wondering. Does he like the car?

Anyways, these cars weigh about the same and have about the same amount of power. Sounds like a very fair race.
Yea he loves it. 93 octane is holding him back, once he goes E85 he'll be at 420ishwhp.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-18-2017, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Yea he loves it. 93 octane is holding him back, once he goes E85 he'll be at 420ishwhp.
He'll increase 40 hp just by running E85?
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-19-2017, 05:31 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
He'll increase 40 hp just by running E85?
Yea his timing is fairly conservative with that high of a boost setting. I'd gain roughy 80whp by going E85 on my GT, im only at 9psi. E85 I said great stuff.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-19-2017, 12:22 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
ThreeBlockWar is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Money could be a factor. Also, and this is just an idea based on zero evidence...perhaps the tuning ability of the ecoboost is better than that of the GT (dollar for dollar). I will admit, the ecoboost platform seems like it would be a lot of fun to play around with. Too bad you have to sacrifice the V8 sound though.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-19-2017, 03:00 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by q50adix View Post
Sorry but i have to ask, why did you blur your face on this video while you didn't on the other vids? :-)
I wasn't aware I showed it in another vids. Which one exactly so I may correct it? Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Infiniti Q50 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.