Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

RS vs. CLA 45 AMG

3K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  azcatz11 
#1 ·
My '16 RS RWD vs. a random CLA 45 AMG from a dig. I still have the crappy run flat tires. I really believe with good tires this car can do 0-60 in the low 4's. If anyone has timed with good tires, I'm curious what the results are.

Anyways, he pulled off the line immediately and than I pulled on him slightly and he ended up about a half car length up to ~90. I don't know if this was the '17 which got the boost in HP - I'm guessing it wasn't.

From a ~60 mph or whatever roll, I don't think it would be close. I think I would have had him by at least a car length up to 120.

I'm glad I didn't get a ticket! There was a cop running radar at the following light :)

#2 ·
How did you launch and shift? TC on or off? Paddles, stick, or full auto? Kind of a bummer to hear they took you from a dig but traction is always an issue. Thanks for the LSD, Nissan. From what I've seen, the AMG's typically dyno in the low-300's to the wheels and I've seen mid-to-high 300's with a tune. We put down more power but they're also about 200 lbs lighter. Anyone else have a run with one?

#3 ·
TC on - full auto in Sport+. My wheels spin like crazy under any type of hard launch, I assume everyone is having that issue on stock tires. I'm basically standing still for a second.

Once I had traction I was gaining on him pretty quickly. From a highway roll (any kind of roll) I don't believe it would be a close race.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.