LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #11 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-23-2016, 01:36 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
jiml302 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimjim2525 View Post
Totally agree. She was biased against the Infiniti right from the start. NEVER EVER trust these kinds of comparisons because theres so much personal bias. Just like my bias, the interior of the MB is down right ugly.
Dopes didnt even know infiniti rpm matches downshifts, and the mercedes is quicker off the line (without seeing comparison using instruments) they are turbo cars, did you foot brake one and not the other,too many variables

Washed up crippled old mechanic swayed by the pure genius of the q50

INSTAGRAM:jerseysportfisher
post #12 of 31 (permalink) Old 12-05-2016, 02:07 PM
Master Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
chris2k5 is on a distinguished road

Everyone who said "oh the Benz is more expensive so that is why it's better" didn't even get quoted for a C450.

Infiniti was so eager to get my business again after my horrible experience with a Q50S Hybrid AWD. They said they will do $650 a month with VPP. MSRP is $60k

Mercedes on the other hand offered me a new C43 AMG for $600. And the MSRP is $62k. I ended up taking a C450 for $550 a month at MSRP $63k.

Test drive both and the only thing I like about the RS400 more was the driver assistance stuff.

C450 has better exhaust, pano roof, higher quality wood (isn't shiny so no scratches), leather feels better (I remember my Q50 Hybrid leather creasing within a week), etc.

Suspension settings on the Benz are better too. In Comfort it was softer and more plush than the Q50 Red Sport in Standard. Then in Sport+ no body lean or etc. Sport+ in the RS400 wasn't bad either. The fake engine noise through the speakers in the Rs400 is atrocious though.
post #13 of 31 (permalink) Old 12-05-2016, 03:07 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
G37S is on a distinguished road

The Benz is one of those companies that is purely driven by Leases. I dont know of a single person that has ever opted to buy the car and keep it long term. They lose a ton of value the first few years and then you have to sell your kidneys to keep one running after the warranty is up. Yea you can buy an extended warranty, but then you're left with a terrible depreciated asset.

Yes they are refined overall, but mostly are status symbols. That C450 AMG is not an actual AMG car. True AMG cars are above 100k mark with hand built engines. Its just an offshoot without the substance.
For the money I would opt out for an M3, but only if AWD was offered. People paying for the C450 with that snazzy interior wont see a fraction of the extra money they opted for when its time to sell the car.
Personally Benz vehicles dont do anything for me - especially when they slap that afterthought of a tablet in the middle of the console.

2016 Q50 Red Sport 400 AWD - Majestic White
post #14 of 31 (permalink) Old 12-05-2016, 05:21 PM
Über Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 411 Post(s)
Truth is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by G37S View Post
The Benz is one of those companies that is purely driven by Leases. I dont know of a single person that has ever opted to buy the car and keep it long term. They lose a ton of value the first few years and then you have to sell your kidneys to keep one running after the warranty is up. Yea you can buy an extended warranty, but then you're left with a terrible depreciated asset.

Yes they are refined overall, but mostly are status symbols. That C450 AMG is not an actual AMG car. True AMG cars are above 100k mark with hand built engines. Its just an offshoot without the substance.
For the money I would opt out for an M3, but only if AWD was offered. People paying for the C450 with that snazzy interior wont see a fraction of the extra money they opted for when its time to sell the car.
Personally Benz vehicles dont do anything for me - especially when they slap that afterthought of a tablet in the middle of the console.
Actually you can get a C63 AMG for 80-90K depending on the options you opt for. The hand built engine thing is a gimmick and really means nothing.
post #15 of 31 (permalink) Old 12-05-2016, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris2k5 View Post
Everyone who said "oh the Benz is more expensive so that is why it's better" didn't even get quoted for a C450.

Infiniti was so eager to get my business again after my horrible experience with a Q50S Hybrid AWD. They said they will do $650 a month with VPP. MSRP is $60k

Mercedes on the other hand offered me a new C43 AMG for $600. And the MSRP is $62k. I ended up taking a C450 for $550 a month at MSRP $63k.

Test drive both and the only thing I like about the RS400 more was the driver assistance stuff.

C450 has better exhaust, pano roof, higher quality wood (isn't shiny so no scratches), leather feels better (I remember my Q50 Hybrid leather creasing within a week), etc.

Suspension settings on the Benz are better too. In Comfort it was softer and more plush than the Q50 Red Sport in Standard. Then in Sport+ no body lean or etc. Sport+ in the RS400 wasn't bad either. The fake engine noise through the speakers in the Rs400 is atrocious though.
No one can argue about your bad experience, its a personal thing so you are entitled to it.

On the other hand you simply didnt get a good deal for an RS400, its that simple. I am paying $460 a month with taxes and fees included, no money out of pocket for my RS400 with an MSRP of $55.500k...

All the options you mentioned I personally couldnt care less about, they only make the car heavier.
The two things that turned me away from MB this time around is the awful looking interior, specifically the tablet looking monstrosity, and the rear of the car.

post #16 of 31 (permalink) Old 12-05-2016, 09:33 PM
Master Member

I didn't see my money with the Q50 either. Brand new it was $55k. Valued at $25k now.

Quote:

post #17 of 31 (permalink) Old 12-05-2016, 09:38 PM
Master Member

Funny how you mention all of the features on the C450 add weight. The C450 AWD weighs 3850lbs while the RS400 AWD is 4005lbs without those features already included on the C450.

Quote:
Quote:

No one can argue about your bad experience, its a personal thing so you are entitled to it.

On the other hand you simply didnt get a good deal for an RS400, its that simple. I am paying $460 a month with taxes and fees included, no money out of pocket for my RS400 with an MSRP of $55.500k...

All the options you mentioned I personally couldnt care less about, they only make the car heavier.
The two things that turned me away from MB this time around is the awful looking interior, specifically the tablet looking monstrosity, and the rear of the car.
post #18 of 31 (permalink) Old 12-06-2016, 01:31 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
azcatz11 is on a distinguished road

Quote:

I have seen this idea that fake noise is produced in the speakers floated around - can anyone confirm this is the case?
post #19 of 31 (permalink) Old 12-06-2016, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by azcatz11 View Post
I have seen this idea that fake noise is produced in the speakers floated around - can anyone confirm this is the case?
There is some engine noise coming from the speakers that is synthesized.

Anyone got an idea which fuse would turn that off?

post #20 of 31 (permalink) Old 12-06-2016, 03:46 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
azcatz11 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
There is some engine noise coming from the speakers that is synthesized.

Anyone got an idea which fuse would turn that off?
Really? I haven't noticed that...but I always have my radio loud.

Even if you don't have the radio on there you're saying you can still hear engine noise thru the speakers?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Infiniti Q50 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.