LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #21 of 31 (permalink) Old 12-06-2016, 04:06 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
azcatz11 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by G37S View Post
There is some engine noise coming from the speakers that is synthesized.

Anyone got an idea which fuse would turn that off?
I found this thread:

http://www.infinitiq50.org/forum/new...-review-2.html

Wow...I've never heard of this. And BMW has been doing this for years?????

Anyways, I don't find it noticeable at all. If anything, the car is too quiet. Surprised it bothers so many folks to be honest.
post #22 of 31 (permalink) Old 12-06-2016, 04:23 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
ErikM is on a distinguished road

The Benz is nice but I'd rather have a 2017 Audi S4.. Also weights in at about 3600 lbs ..Problem is Audi S models don't lease well.. Audi doesn't feel the need to subvent the S model leases and they don't bring that many in.

15' Q50 Premium AWD
post #23 of 31 (permalink) Old 12-06-2016, 05:18 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 61 Post(s)
G37S is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by azcatz11 View Post
I found this thread:

Anyways, I don't find it noticeable at all. If anything, the car is too quiet. Surprised it bothers so many folks to be honest.
It doesnt bother me, you can only hear it when you step on it. Most of the time I have music on anyway.

IMO people are triggered by all these "enhancements" because they want a pure sound from the engine coming from the front. It would be nice if they gave an option to turn it off to see the difference.
Personally doesnt bother me much.

2016 Q50 Red Sport 400 AWD - Majestic White

post #24 of 31 (permalink) Old 12-06-2016, 09:03 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 98 Post(s)
pac_4_ever is on a distinguished road

The Benzo is great car no doubt, but I am not a fan of the "standing up iPad look" of all the screens in a lot of new cars these days. If anything, I think that makes it look cheap or ugly but that's just me.
post #25 of 31 (permalink) Old 12-07-2016, 11:53 AM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
webby is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Really? I haven't noticed that...but I always have my radio loud.

Even if you don't have the radio on there you're saying you can still hear engine noise thru the speakers?
Quote:
Originally Posted by pac_4_ever View Post
The Benzo is great car no doubt, but I am not a fan of the "standing up iPad look" of all the screens in a lot of new cars these days. If anything, I think that makes it look cheap or ugly but that's just me.
I agree !….automatic deal barker for me, looks like an aftermarket installation.
How did these two get this job to review, she obviously chose the car because of the MB label.
RS400 grossly underrated by drivers who do not own one !

Webby
post #26 of 31 (permalink) Old 12-07-2016, 03:48 PM
Über Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 245 Post(s)
TexasScout is on a distinguished road
Garage

Listening to that, all I could see was Silvester Pussycat talking. Sssufferin' Ssssuccotach.

2015 Q50S, Moonlight Pearl White, Lighted kick panels, Navigation, package, none of the nanny drivers aids.
post #27 of 31 (permalink) Old 12-08-2016, 02:05 PM

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
eriklahey is on a distinguished road
Garage

Quote:
I found this thread:

the real kicker is that they've been doing it on M3's for about 2 generations now. For a car that's all about the driving experience it just seems wrong to me.

2015 Q50 AWD Chestnut Bronze
post #28 of 31 (permalink) Old 12-25-2016, 12:28 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
misujerr is on a distinguished road

NOT an AMG! I don't get it, why did they call it that? Is it like an "M sport" or something? Not really but kinda? And man, you're right, she was kind of a bit...
Owner of a 1999 C43 AMG. A real one. 220K on it now, so you can see why I'm looking for a new car What is drawing me to the Q50 hybrid is lotsa power but 50% better mileage than mine. (That's why I can't justify a RS.)
But... I can't figure this out. I get out of a Q50 hybrid, that has 20% more hp and almost 20% more torque (I saw someone here said 350 ft/lb combined?) and get back into my old car (302/302,) and it seems to have way more kick to it. Weird. Because of the V8? And I would think, with the instant torque from the electric, the Q50 would have quite a kick. But it does seem to ease on softer.
Oh yeah, I can't stand the "stick on" look of the nav in the MB & BMW's. Even the GT S has it!
post #29 of 31 (permalink) Old 12-25-2016, 08:10 AM
Q50 Addict

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 130 Post(s)
jkay is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I found this thread:

Just to clarify - and someone please correct me if I'm wrong here - I'm pretty sure the engine noise is only piped in when you have the car in sport + mode. I didn't like it at first but now I barely notice.

Relax. . . It's just a car

06 M
08 G35x
10 G37xS
2014 Q50sAWD Graphite/Graphite: Nav, Touring, Tech and what the heck, throw in a spare tire
2016 Q50 RS400 with all option packages + illuminated kick plates and rear decklid spoiler.
post #30 of 31 (permalink) Old 12-26-2016, 01:44 PM
Über Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 413 Post(s)
Truth is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by misujerr View Post
NOT an AMG! I don't get it, why did they call it that? Is it like an "M sport" or something? Not really but kinda? And man, you're right, she was kind of a bit...
Owner of a 1999 C43 AMG. A real one. 220K on it now, so you can see why I'm looking for a new car What is drawing me to the Q50 hybrid is lotsa power but 50% better mileage than mine. (That's why I can't justify a RS.)
But... I can't figure this out. I get out of a Q50 hybrid, that has 20% more hp and almost 20% more torque (I saw someone here said 350 ft/lb combined?) and get back into my old car (302/302,) and it seems to have way more kick to it. Weird. Because of the V8? And I would think, with the instant torque from the electric, the Q50 would have quite a kick. But it does seem to ease on softer.
Oh yeah, I can't stand the "stick on" look of the nav in the MB & BMW's. Even the GT S has it!
You have to catch the Hybrid in the right spot, sometimes it will throw you back in the seat. Other times it wont. There have been times when I floored it from a stop and almost spun out because the torque was so much. I had TC off.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Infiniti Q50 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.