9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-28-2016, 06:59 AM
Über Member

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 293 Post(s)
Q602B is on a distinguished road

Very interested in the last three posts...

Would love to hear more @Rmsimmonsjr, I saw you post this info on ClubLexus a little while ago and wanted to hear more then. Glad you are here.

2016 Volvo XC90 T6 R-Design| Passion Red | B&W PSS| Climate Pkg| Convenience Pkg| Vision Pkg| 4-Corner AS| 22" Diamond Cut Wheels| Integrated Booster Seat - Wife's Car
post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-28-2016, 09:00 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
JohnsQ is on a distinguished road
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmsimmonsjr View Post
I own a Q50 Red Sport and a RCF (V8 Model). Even with my forged wheels I put on the redsport and the downpipes and exhaust, my RCF destroys it from a stop and up to 140mph. Not even a competition. The Q50 is way faster than the RC350 for sure. I am curious to see what an ECU tune will do and hope it opens up more. @JohnsQ I attached a picture of the stock redsport wheel and tire weight. They are fairly heavy. You can easily cut 10lbs a corner like I did.
Holy Crap! Is that 61 pounds!? Yes indeed - should be easy to save some wheel weight here....I may want to keep my Rays when it's time to switch What wheel/tire did you get?

2015 Q50S - Moonlight White on Stone - High Performance Wheels/Tires - NAV - Ambient Lighting - Welcome Lighting - illuminated kickplates - splashguards
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-30-2016, 11:46 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Rmsimmonsjr is on a distinguished road

I dont even know how to respond to some of those comments. Lots of numbers were thrown around in terms of power for each that dont really apply to my vehicle. I drive both cars and own both cars. Ive lined both cars up from a dig with different drivers in each of my vehicles and from a roll. Q50 didnt come close. I feel like some comments are defensive like im attacking the RS when I bought the Red Sport because I LOVE IT. The two vehicles are not even in the same class (My Q50 RS MSRP is 50k and my RCF is 75K). In terms of transmission the RCF is above and beyond better than the RS, despite what a hand full of complainer say. I cant drive the RS in manual mode its so bad. The REDSPORT crawls from 80-140 where as the RCF gets to 140+ in seconds. Now take in to account my RCF is also modified alot and is 200lbs lighter that what someone commented. Im at 450whp and 420wtq on the car. But also take into account my RS is also modded. My wheels/tires weight 40lbs versus the stock 61lbs. I have the downpipes and exhaust from FI. Not sure what the dyno numbers are on the car but even with an extra 200lbs for the AWD the RWD will not be faster from a dig. No way. I drove both before I opted for the AWD. If I felt the AWD was hindered I would have done RWD. I live in Southern California, AWD isnt needed in this weather, its needed for traction with the performance potential I hope a tune and upgrades can give it. Now that I have a baseline of the cars versus each other I hope to have it destroy the RCF. But in terms of a Track Capable vehicle, the Q50 will never be that. I love both cars, so please dont think im putting down my own Q50. Numbers arent everything either. The Q50 is alot easier to drive, no skill needed. The RCF takes a little skill to operate to get the full potential in manual with Track mode on. Both are fun cars for different purposes. Id compare the Q50 to other 4 door cars in its segment. It is fun to be able to take off like a Rocket though in the Q50 with AWD because even with Advan sport 295 rear tires on the RCF, I blow through 1st and 2nd and its annoying because then im playing catch up or im not flooring it. Anyways, if anyone has any question about either let me know. I have lots of pictures and some videos of both of my build processes. Love the Q50 and its what I drive 90% of the month. This is my 5th Infiniti so im not new to the brand. Sold my Challenger SRT and my Q60S to buy the RCF. Both were great cars. Cant wait for other stuff to come out. Just ordered front strut bar and rear sway bar now that I have the RSR Suspension in.
Q602B and Sandro Natale like this.

2016 Obsidian Q50 Red Sport AWD (Daily)
2015 Lexus RCF (Project)

Last edited by Rmsimmonsjr; 10-31-2016 at 12:54 AM.

post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-31-2016, 01:37 AM

Quoted: 103 Post(s)
G37S is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I dont even know how to respond to some of those comments. Lots of numbers were thrown around in terms of power for each that dont really apply to my vehicle. I drive both cars and own both cars. Ive lined both cars up from a dig with different drivers in each of my vehicles and from a roll. Q50 didnt come close. I feel like some comments are defensive like im attacking the RS when I bought the Red Sport because I LOVE IT. The two vehicles are not even in the same class (My Q50 RS MSRP is 50k and my RCF is 75K). In terms of transmission the RCF is above and beyond better than the RS, despite what a hand full of complainer say. I cant drive the RS in manual mode its so bad. The REDSPORT crawls from 80-140 where as the RCF gets to 140+ in seconds. Now take in to account my RCF is also modified alot and is 200lbs lighter that what someone commented. Im at 450whp and 420wtq on the car. But also take into account my RS is also modded. My wheels/tires weight 40lbs versus the stock 61lbs. I have the downpipes and exhaust from FI. Not sure what the dyno numbers are on the car but even with an extra 200lbs for the AWD the RWD will not be faster from a dig. No way. I drove both before I opted for the AWD. If I felt the AWD was hindered I would have done RWD. I live in Southern California, AWD isnt needed in this weather, its needed for traction with the performance potential I hope a tune and upgrades can give it. Now that I have a baseline of the cars versus each other I hope to have it destroy the RCF. But in terms of a Track Capable vehicle, the Q50 will never be that. I love both cars, so please dont think im putting down my own Q50. Numbers arent everything either. The Q50 is alot easier to drive, no skill needed. The RCF takes a little skill to operate to get the full potential in manual with Track mode on. Both are fun cars for different purposes. Id compare the Q50 to other 4 door cars in its segment. It is fun to be able to take off like a Rocket though in the Q50 with AWD because even with Advan sport 295 rear tires on the RCF, I blow through 1st and 2nd and its annoying because then im playing catch up or im not flooring it. Anyways, if anyone has any question about either let me know. I have lots of pictures and some videos of both of my build processes. Love the Q50 and its what I drive 90% of the month. This is my 5th Infiniti so im not new to the brand. Sold my Challenger SRT and my Q60S to buy the RCF. Both were great cars. Cant wait for other stuff to come out. Just ordered front strut bar and rear sway bar now that I have the RSR Suspension in.
I simply stated compare both cars in their stock forms, RWD, proper tires. All numbers given are confirmed by their respective websites and Dynos posted by users with actual cars. Is the RCF a better car? In some regards. Is it 25k better? Nah.
Q602B likes this.

2016 Q50 Red Sport 400 AWD - Majestic White
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-31-2016, 01:47 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Rmsimmonsjr is on a distinguished road

Weird considering I have a stock dyno as well as lots of my buddies and its not what you stated. Looks like you found the lowest number you could find to compare. But in terms of money and worth that is completely subjective and your own opinion. To me the cars arent even in the same category and never will be with Infiniti's line up. Now is the RCF worth $74k or is any car in that segment work 70-90k? absolutely not. But to me with my Military discount paying $36k for a brand new Red Sport was worth it. Considering I paid over double for the RCF a year and a half ago. If you are local to So Cal lets meet and test out the cars so you can get a real world idea of how cars work and not reading internet posts. Ive attached some actual charts so this confusion about people in other forums and taking numbers that arent comparable to my exact vehicle and geographic location (Sea level). Again, you cant compare the RS to a RCF. Compare it to C450, 340i, Etc. Who cares is the RS is faster than a Audi R8 V8 Stock for Stock. Not sure if you've owned that or even driven it but I have. Drive drain loss is awful with the quattro with 330whp. So who cares whats faster on a sheet of paper. Its driving experience, quality, and everything else that makes you love the car/cars you have. Lets compare apple to apples so we can have some fun beating the actual competition. We are on the same team!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	My Stock RCF Dyno Run 3-2015.jpg
Views:	212
Size:	300.3 KB
ID:	52033   Click image for larger version

Name:	Q50 RS Exhaust and DP.jpg
Views:	209
Size:	114.6 KB
ID:	52041   Click image for larger version

Name:	Stock RWD Q50 RS.jpg
Views:	213
Size:	90.1 KB
ID:	52049  
Shizo likes this.

2016 Obsidian Q50 Red Sport AWD (Daily)
2015 Lexus RCF (Project)

Last edited by Rmsimmonsjr; 10-31-2016 at 02:32 PM.
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-01-2016, 12:41 AM Thread Starter

azcatz11 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Well I will agree with you that the manual mode is terrible. I've seen the comments also and even when I'm flooring it the shifts are not crisp. I never use the paddles nor the sport shift.

Why are you saying it crawls above 80? I just drove to Vegas and it pulls really well....
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-01-2016, 01:14 AM

G37S is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by azcatz11 View Post
Well I will agree with you that the manual mode is terrible. I've seen the comments also and even when I'm flooring it the shifts are not crisp. I never use the paddles nor the sport shift.

Why are you saying it crawls above 80? I just drove to Vegas and it pulls really well....
I have a feeling its the gas used in CA. As far as I know they only have 91 as top tier. 91 vs 93 makes a big difference. Also, the dyno done by Stillen where they did 3 consecutive pulls is also on 91. Even they stated the numbers would be higher, even if a bit, on 93.

2016 Q50 Red Sport 400 AWD - Majestic White
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-01-2016, 01:37 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
zaimer is on a distinguished road

There is a reason I have Infiniti keys in my desk drawer and not Lexus LOL. I had seriously considered the RC while car shopping this most recent time. It came down to the performance for me - the RC just does not have it, especially for how the car looks. The Infiniti wins by a mile in that category. The Lexus is sloooow, but I do love the way the RC's look.
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-01-2016, 05:29 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
modthispny is on a distinguished road

stock vs stock, RCF's dyno about ~10 whp more, however, that is on 93 octane whereas the RS is on 91 octane (375 whp vs 385 whp). RWD RS is slightly lighter.

from a dig, the RCF just has the advantage with an LSD and stickier tires, so no surprise that off a dig the RCF will take the RS.

Magazine time wise, they both trap 112, so safe to assume off a roll they would be close.

I would love to see a roll race of a stock RS vs vs a stock RCF, from around 35mph...should be pretty close IMO.
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-27-2016, 02:15 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
sillywabbit is on a distinguished road

I am just betting the AWD RS would get it good. If you just want to compare RWD the RC might get the RS a little. IMO, They should only make the AWD RS or add launch control to the RWD. It has way too little traction. The interesting thing is if you look at numbers the RS AWD is looking like the M5. It is a bigger car than the M3/4 and it is not a Go Kart. I am not sure if the M5 will out handle the RS but I imagine so. I bet on a road course the RS AWD puts in a way better lap than the RC-F. You have to think this is really amazing for the price of this car and it is a nice car too. It is not like some Camaro. Sure you can say a Camaro beats them but I do not think it is much of anything really. I guess it depends what a person wants.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Infiniti Q50 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.