LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 12-31-2016, 01:09 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
BOND-007 is on a distinguished road
Garage
Arrow USED 2015Q50sHybrid AWD vs USED 2013 MB CLS550 4Matic

Had my car totaled by a kid in a 2016 Chevy Colorado who ran a Red light doing about 50. RIP to my T-Boned beautiful White 2015 Q50s AWD Hybrid. Amazed my wife and I were able to walk out of the hospital 4 hours later. Stiff neck and a broken finger but alive after one **** of a collision. 1st Hand Testament from me the Q50 is one **** of a safe car! I'm convinced that the curtain side Air Bags saved our lives. I really wanted to come back to Infiniti but they no longer make the S Hybrid. For a 2015 Used I was looking at spending around 39k. For the Red Sport loaded like my Hybrid was with pretty much every option except the welcome lighting Infiniti wanted around 63k. I just couldn't justify spending 6k more (my Hybrid was $57,500) for 40 more Horses. Ended up getting a CPO 2013 MB CLS550 4Matic for 38k. Added an extra 2 year warranty for $4700 for a total of 3 years of coverage as a CPO comes with 1 one year extended. Going to take a hit on Gas Mileage and Maintenance for Sure but MB only requires Oil Changes every 10k. What I'll miss most in the Infiniti will be the Tech. I actually liked DAS thought it was awesome. Driving through Snow, Wind and Wet Roads with DAS is amazing. Hated the InTouch Infotainment system though. Nissan you reading this? It's time to kick that system to the curb. You can't Apples to Apples these two cars, they're in totally different ball parks. Original Sticker on the Infiniti 57k vs the Merc 86k. After 3 years the Merc lost over half its value but should start to even out a little now. I can say the 443 ft lbs of Torque on the Merc and 402 horses are Quick. Motor Trend (2012 Mercedes-Benz CLS550 First Test - Motor Trend) got a zero to sixty in 4.3 and I can believe it. Ride quality in the Merc is like butter that air suspension just soaks up everything. My Hybrid tended to be a little twitchy and harder.

My Pro's 2015 Q50..
Tech (all around view, DAS, Lane Keep Assist, Adaptive Cruze, LED Lights)
Gas Mileage 29MPG Average on my previous car
Heated Steering Wheel
SAFETY
Fast
Looks Awesome in Moonlight White
Hybrid Badge sleeper car. Surprised an Older SS Camero and a few Mustangs

My Cons 2015 Q50
Traction Control Nanny when flooring from a dead stop on a corner. I hated when my Hybrid would do this.
Bose Sound System honestly it wasn't very good. Speaker Rattle in the Drivers door and over all sound quality.
No LED Rear Turn Signals
Suspension and Ride in the bumps
Trunk Space
No Fold Down Rear Seats

My Pros 2013 CLS550
Twin Turbo V8
Fast, oh and FAST! did I mention Fast? Motor Trend and a few vids on Youtube 4.3 Zero to Sixty. Need to do some official testing but this car feels way quicker than my Hybrid.
Suspension and Ride
Comfortable (Massaging and Active front seat that hugs you when you corner. Heated and Cooled driver and passenger seat)
Build Quality and Materials used (Leather, Wood, Metal and some but not much plastic)
FULL LED front and back
Tech (Self Parking Mode, say what?)
Fold down rear seats
Trunk is Massive plus push button open and closing.
Awesome Harman Kardon 7.1 Surround Sound system

My Cons 2013 CLS550
20MPG Average (21 Gallon tank good range but she's a Thirsty girl)
Tech (No all around view or predictive rear view lines adaptive cruise or heated steering wheel) These are optional on the Merc but didn't come in the car I brought for 38k. The Q50 had all of this for 39k so that's why it's listed.
Auto tinting Mirrors are driver and rear view only

Anyway, this isn't a car review I figured if I was going to be spending around the same kind of Money for a used Hybrid Id have a look see and ended up switching brands after years of loyalty to Infiniti. Can't wait till Infiniti either comes out with the TT3.0/Hybrid or a new Variable Compression/Hybrid. Loved my Nissan-Infiniti's Maxima/G35x/M45s/Q50hS-AWD and don't be surprised if you see me back here in 3 years.
Fateswarning likes this.

Last edited by BOND-007; 12-31-2016 at 01:24 PM.
post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 12-31-2016, 06:20 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 98 Post(s)
pac_4_ever is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOND-007 View Post
Had my car totaled by a kid in a 2016 Chevy Colorado who ran a Red light doing about 50. RIP to my T-Boned beautiful White 2015 Q50s AWD Hybrid. Amazed my wife and I were able to walk out of the hospital 4 hours later. Stiff neck and a broken finger but alive after one **** of a collision. 1st Hand Testament from me the Q50 is one **** of a safe car! I'm convinced that the curtain side Air Bags saved our lives. I really wanted to come back to Infiniti but they no longer make the S Hybrid. For a 2015 Used I was looking at spending around 39k. For the Red Sport loaded like my Hybrid was with pretty much every option except the welcome lighting Infiniti wanted around 63k. I just couldn't justify spending 6k more (my Hybrid was $57,500) for 40 more Horses. Ended up getting a CPO 2013 MB CLS550 4Matic for 38k. Added an extra 2 year warranty for $4700 for a total of 3 years of coverage as a CPO comes with 1 one year extended. Going to take a hit on Gas Mileage and Maintenance for Sure but MB only requires Oil Changes every 10k. What I'll miss most in the Infiniti will be the Tech. I actually liked DAS thought it was awesome. Driving through Snow, Wind and Wet Roads with DAS is amazing. Hated the InTouch Infotainment system though. Nissan you reading this? It's time to kick that system to the curb. You can't Apples to Apples these two cars, they're in totally different ball parks. Original Sticker on the Infiniti 57k vs the Merc 86k. After 3 years the Merc lost over half its value but should start to even out a little now. I can say the 443 ft lbs of Torque on the Merc and 402 horses are Quick. Motor Trend (2012 Mercedes-Benz CLS550 First Test - Motor Trend) got a zero to sixty in 4.3 and I can believe it. Ride quality in the Merc is like butter that air suspension just soaks up everything. My Hybrid tended to be a little twitchy and harder.

My Pro's 2015 Q50..
Tech (all around view, DAS, Lane Keep Assist, Adaptive Cruze, LED Lights)
Gas Mileage 29MPG Average on my previous car
Heated Steering Wheel
SAFETY
Fast
Looks Awesome in Moonlight White
Hybrid Badge sleeper car. Surprised an Older SS Camero and a few Mustangs

My Cons 2015 Q50
Traction Control Nanny when flooring from a dead stop on a corner. I hated when my Hybrid would do this.
Bose Sound System honestly it wasn't very good. Speaker Rattle in the Drivers door and over all sound quality.
No LED Rear Turn Signals
Suspension and Ride in the bumps
Trunk Space
No Fold Down Rear Seats

My Pros 2013 CLS550
Twin Turbo V8
Fast, oh and FAST! did I mention Fast? Motor Trend and a few vids on Youtube 4.3 Zero to Sixty. Need to do some official testing but this car feels way quicker than my Hybrid.
Suspension and Ride
Comfortable (Massaging and Active front seat that hugs you when you corner. Heated and Cooled driver and passenger seat)
Build Quality and Materials used (Leather, Wood, Metal and some but not much plastic)
FULL LED front and back
Tech (Self Parking Mode, say what?)
Fold down rear seats
Trunk is Massive plus push button open and closing.
Awesome Harman Kardon 7.1 Surround Sound system

My Cons 2013 CLS550
20MPG Average (21 Gallon tank good range but she's a Thirsty girl)
Tech (No all around view or predictive rear view lines adaptive cruise or heated steering wheel) These are optional on the Merc but didn't come in the car I brought for 38k. The Q50 had all of this for 39k so that's why it's listed.
Auto tinting Mirrors are driver and rear view only

Anyway, this isn't a car review I figured if I was going to be spending around the same kind of Money for a used Hybrid Id have a look see and ended up switching brands after years of loyalty to Infiniti. Can't wait till Infiniti either comes out with the TT3.0/Hybrid or a new Variable Compression/Hybrid. Loved my Nissan-Infiniti's Maxima/G35x/M45s/Q50hS-AWD and don't be surprised if you see me back here in 3 years.
Sorry to hear about your loss but seems like you picked up a nice whip as a replacement. Based on my personal experience (BMW), the German cars were a b!tch to maintain but hopefully the Benzo doesn't break your wallet at all after the warranty expires. All the best, hope to see you back here one day.
BOND-007 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Infiniti Q50 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.