LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #11 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-09-2017, 10:25 PM
Q50 Addict

Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1329 Post(s)
hunter81 is on a distinguished road
Garage

The more I look at it the more I like it. I really like the sides, door handles, and lines in the doors. I really hope they continue to push the envelope on performance with this car. I hope we see some larger turbocharged plant or some serious hybridization that gets power numbers in the 5-600's. I'm so glad that the previous LS is being replaced. Perform, it most certainly did not.

I hope good success with the new LS adds even more incentive to Infiniti to get the Q80 on market.

Graphite Shadow/Graphite Q50S Hybrid, 2WD. Nav/Deluxe Tech/Welcome Lighting/Ambient Lighting/Illuminated Kick Plates
post #12 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-09-2017, 10:29 PM
Q50 Addict

Garage

I'm tired of just having the German Big 3 dominating the "7-series" bracket. It's time for the Japanese, Italians, Americans, Koreans, and even Chinese to shake things up and give us more selection than we've ever had before.
Q602B likes this.

Graphite Shadow/Graphite Q50S Hybrid, 2WD. Nav/Deluxe Tech/Welcome Lighting/Ambient Lighting/Illuminated Kick Plates
post #13 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-09-2017, 11:26 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 101 Post(s)
G37S is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q602B View Post
Impressive numbers:

2018 Lexus LS and LS500 Photos and Info ? News ? Car and Driver

To debut in the all-new Lexus LS500. If it makes down to the IS/RC, I would expect for the new engine to outperform the Q50/Q60 VR30.
Hardly impressive when you consider $73,495 starting price tag. Also hard to imagine that big of an engine fitting into a much smaller IS/RC series unless they extend the hood out. Perhaps a form of it will make it to other models but they will have to downsize it in order to fit it.

I dont think it will outperform the VR30. When you take into account how small the turbos are in the VR30, all Infiniti has to do is enlarge the turbos, optimize the cooling, and all other components without rebuilding the whole engine from scratch. It is essentially how Subaru and all other smaller compact sedans/coupes with turbos have been able to get such large numbers out of small engines - increase the turbo sizing and spec everything else right = profit.

Its also apparent Infiniti is just starting with the VR30 platform, they can do so much with it that we have no clue as to what it would be.

2016 Q50 Red Sport 400 AWD - Majestic White

post #14 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 01:57 AM
Q50 Addict

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by G37S View Post
Hardly impressive when you consider $73,495 starting price tag. Also hard to imagine that big of an engine fitting into a much smaller IS/RC series unless they extend the hood out. Perhaps a form of it will make it to other models but they will have to downsize it in order to fit it.

I dont think it will outperform the VR30. When you take into account how small the turbos are in the VR30, all Infiniti has to do is enlarge the turbos, optimize the cooling, and all other components without rebuilding the whole engine from scratch. It is essentially how Subaru and all other smaller compact sedans/coupes with turbos have been able to get such large numbers out of small engines - increase the turbo sizing and spec everything else right = profit.

Its also apparent Infiniti is just starting with the VR30 platform, they can do so much with it that we have no clue as to what it would be.
Huh?

Why wouldn't an LS start in the 70's? This is much more car for an extremely similar starting price. The larger displacement engine leaves them a lot of flexibility for future power outputs.
Q602B likes this.

post #15 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 02:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter81 View Post
Huh?

Why wouldn't an LS start in the 70's? This is much more car for an extremely similar starting price. The larger displacement engine leaves them a lot of flexibility for future power outputs.
I dont think I made my post clear. For that price the drive train is NOT IMPRESSIVE in any way. I would expect it to have an engine like that, with those numbers and overall efficiency that they claim.

post #16 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 09:09 AM
Sav

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Sav is on a distinguished road

I may be biased as we also have a GS F-Sport but I think the new LS is stunning from all angles. The interior, OTOH, I'm still warming up to but love the exterior.

With the new powertrain, rear-wheel steering, and other driving dynamic details they've really focused on, I have no doubt this is going to give the 7 and S a difficult time (although I still think the S which debuted years prior still has the new LS and the 7 beat on the interior).

2015 Infiniti Q50S - Black/Black
Technology/Deluxe Touring/Navigation
post #17 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 10:51 AM
Über Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 249 Post(s)
TexasScout is on a distinguished road
Garage

No third pedal and then there's that "cheese grater" grill.... ugh!

2015 Q50S, Moonlight Pearl White, Lighted kick panels, Navigation, package, none of the nanny drivers aids.
post #18 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 03:21 PM
Q50 Addict

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by G37S View Post
I dont think I made my post clear. For that price the drive train is NOT IMPRESSIVE in any way. I would expect it to have an engine like that, with those numbers and overall efficiency that they claim.
It has nearly 100 hp more horsepower than a 740i and if the stay near the same starting price would be nearly $10,000 cheaper. So I'm not sure why you think it's a bad deal on power for the price considering the alternatives.

post #19 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 04:50 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 103 Post(s)
azcatz11 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasScout View Post
No third pedal and then there's that "cheese grater" grill.... ugh!
Why would the LS come in a manual? There would be absolutely no market share for that.
post #20 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter81 View Post
It has nearly 100 hp more horsepower than a 740i and if the stay near the same starting price would be nearly $10,000 cheaper. So I'm not sure why you think it's a bad deal on power for the price considering the alternatives.
I never said its a bad deal. I said it wasnt that impressive. Its obvious car manufactures will only able to attract and steal sales from other manufacturer by giving customers more than the other guy offers - otherwise there is no compelling reason to switch.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Infiniti Q50 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.