Q50 Addict

Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1302 Post(s)
hunter81 is on a distinguished road
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by G37S View Post
I never said its a bad deal. I said it wasnt that impressive. Its obvious car manufactures will only able to attract and steal sales from other manufacturer by giving customers more than the other guy offers - otherwise there is no compelling reason to switch.
Ok. I was responding to you saying it's not a very impressive powertrain for the price. I guess I should just ask what you would consider to be an impressive powertrain in the class for that price.

Graphite Shadow/Graphite Q50S Hybrid, 2WD. Nav/Deluxe Tech/Welcome Lighting/Ambient Lighting/Illuminated Kick Plates
post #22 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 09:40 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
G37S is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter81 View Post
Ok. I was responding to you saying it's not a very impressive powertrain for the price. I guess I should just ask what you would consider to be an impressive powertrain in the class for that price.
When you consider the tech that came in the R35 GTR Nissan built for 8k less starting price, that to me is impressive. It was an amazing AWD system, twin turbo engine car with an original MSRP of 69k - and it beat out supercars costing 2-3 times that.

Btw, that was in 2009...

2016 Q50 Red Sport 400 AWD - Majestic White
post #23 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 09:55 PM
Q50 Addict

Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Quoted: 1302 Post(s)
hunter81 is on a distinguished road
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by G37S View Post
When you consider the tech that came in the R35 GTR Nissan built for 8k less starting price, that to me is impressive. It was an amazing AWD system, twin turbo engine car with an original MSRP of 69k - and it beat out supercars costing 2-3 times that.

Btw, that was in 2009...
You can't really compare the price of cars in 2009 with today. My G37S coupe cost $41K in 2008 and was almost fully loaded except for not having navigation and I think whatever the tech package was at the time. It was a 6MT Sport model. Today, $41K MSRP gets you a Q60 Premium 2.0t and that's before you add anything to it (like leather.)

I get what you are saying. There are definitely more compelling powertrains out there, some for a lot less money, but those cars are not flagship models for a luxury brand. Comparing the car to a GTR from 10 years ago whose entire focus was performance just for the powertrain's sake puts the LS at a disadvantage when it is designed to go against cars like the 7 series or S class. There's a lot of cost involved with that that designers of the GTR in 2009 didn't have to worry about. To me, it just makes more sense to compare the car against other vehicles that are currently or will soon be available in the LS's class.

Graphite Shadow/Graphite Q50S Hybrid, 2WD. Nav/Deluxe Tech/Welcome Lighting/Ambient Lighting/Illuminated Kick Plates

post #24 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 09:44 AM
Über Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 246 Post(s)
TexasScout is on a distinguished road
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by azcatz11 View Post
Why would the LS come in a manual? There would be absolutely no market share for that.
There appears to be no market for ANY manual cars anymore. It's rare you even find someone that can drive one. I call it car jacking insurance.
Fateswarning likes this.

2015 Q50S, Moonlight Pearl White, Lighted kick panels, Navigation, package, none of the nanny drivers aids.
post #25 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 12:26 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
azcatz11 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasScout View Post
There appears to be no market for ANY manual cars anymore. It's rare you even find someone that can drive one. I call it car jacking insurance.
Good point!
post #26 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 09:05 PM
Über Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 208 Post(s)
Fateswarning is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasScout View Post
I bet more people on this site can shift a manual transmission than the average population.

I've driven a manual tranmission since I was fourteen, I still drive a manual Toyota pickup. I'm going to be sure my soms can drive one. I've been teaching my older son since he was 10. He got it pretty quickly.

Last edited by Fateswarning; 01-11-2017 at 09:19 PM.
post #27 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-12-2017, 01:34 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 102 Post(s)
pac_4_ever is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fateswarning View Post
I bet more people on this site can shift a manual transmission than the average population.

I've driven a manual tranmission since I was fourteen, I still drive a manual Toyota pickup. I'm going to be sure my soms can drive one. I've been teaching my older son since he was 10. He got it pretty quickly.
Manual transmission is a lot of fun, had the Q been offered in M/T, I most def would have opted for that. Makes you feel "more in control", or at least that's how I feel about it. For me personally, M/T always intrigued me. Nobody ever really taught me though, just kind of learned from video games. May consider a Z or something down the road to satisfy that need lol.
post #28 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-13-2017, 12:49 AM
Über Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 208 Post(s)
Fateswarning is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by pac_4_ever View Post
Manual transmission is a lot of fun, had the Q been offered in M/T, I most def would have opted for that. Makes you feel "more in control", or at least that's how I feel about it. For me personally, M/T always intrigued me. Nobody ever really taught me though, just kind of learned from video games. May consider a Z or something down the road to satisfy that need lol.
I would love a Z. Do a few mods, supercharger....

Typing supercharger gave me twinge of pain in light of today's events.
post #29 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-13-2017, 08:09 AM
Über Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 246 Post(s)
TexasScout is on a distinguished road
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by pac_4_ever View Post
That's exactly what my wife said word for word.

2015 Q50S, Moonlight Pearl White, Lighted kick panels, Navigation, package, none of the nanny drivers aids.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Infiniti Q50 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.