User Tag List

6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
#1 (permalink) Old 01-18-2013, 12:08 PM
Q50 Addict

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
brianch is a splendid one to behold brianch is a splendid one to behold brianch is a splendid one to behold brianch is a splendid one to behold brianch is a splendid one to behold brianch is a splendid one to behold brianch is a splendid one to behold brianch is a splendid one to behold
Default Infiniti Q50 vs new Cadillac ATS

I test drove an ATS and I can say it's the best Cadillac I've ever driven. Very comparable to the 3 series BMW. How does it hold vs the tried and true Nissan V6 platform though?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 01-24-2013, 11:02 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 99 Post(s)
SimpsonTide985 has a reputation beyond repute SimpsonTide985 has a reputation beyond repute SimpsonTide985 has a reputation beyond repute SimpsonTide985 has a reputation beyond repute SimpsonTide985 has a reputation beyond repute SimpsonTide985 has a reputation beyond repute SimpsonTide985 has a reputation beyond repute SimpsonTide985 has a reputation beyond repute SimpsonTide985 has a reputation beyond repute SimpsonTide985 has a reputation beyond repute SimpsonTide985 has a reputation beyond repute

People can't stop saying great things about the ATS. It's right up there with the Q50 with my favorite of the new cars in the segment this generation.

I've only sat in one at the NAIAS, but I haven't had the opportunity to drive one yet..
#3 (permalink) Old 01-25-2013, 09:41 AM
Q50 Addict

brianch is a splendid one to behold brianch is a splendid one to behold brianch is a splendid one to behold brianch is a splendid one to behold brianch is a splendid one to behold brianch is a splendid one to behold brianch is a splendid one to behold brianch is a splendid one to behold

It'll be interesting to see an ATS being thrown against a Q50 or Q60 in a future comparison. The ATS comes with a 2.0L turbo and a V6. I'd say the V6 would be a fair comparison.
#4 (permalink) Old 01-25-2013, 05:38 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 99 Post(s)
SimpsonTide985 has a reputation beyond repute SimpsonTide985 has a reputation beyond repute SimpsonTide985 has a reputation beyond repute SimpsonTide985 has a reputation beyond repute SimpsonTide985 has a reputation beyond repute SimpsonTide985 has a reputation beyond repute SimpsonTide985 has a reputation beyond repute SimpsonTide985 has a reputation beyond repute SimpsonTide985 has a reputation beyond repute SimpsonTide985 has a reputation beyond repute SimpsonTide985 has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah...but it looks like option for option, the Q50 might actually be cheaper than a comparable ATS V6...

But, we'll see how it all balances out on the track.
#5 (permalink) Old 01-29-2013, 12:20 PM
Q50 Addict

I think options for options of "bang for your buck" features vs price. Nothing beats the G37 and now the Q50. I am interested in the performance aspect of the ATS though. People who drive it seem to like it more than the 3 series BMW.
#6 (permalink) Old 01-29-2013, 07:08 PM

infinitispeed is on a distinguished road

Cadillac has done an amazing job with the ATS, they built it to rival the 3-series and they came through on their word. It's a true 3-series competitor. How I see it, Infiniti has a lot of catching up to do to keep up with Cadillac, BMW and Lexus with their IS.

Infiniti has the potential, now to see if they will put it to work.
#7 (permalink) Old 02-26-2013, 12:31 PM
Master Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Rayz is on a distinguished road

the Cadillac ATS 2.0L Turbo AWD premium will be a good competitor to the Q50's AWD model. So far the ATS sits at $50k, not sure what the Q50 will be but if priced right it will be tough to decide between the two.

Might come down to which brand YOU prefer rather than what each car offers.
#8 (permalink) Old 02-26-2013, 05:51 PM
Q50 Addict

I think performance wise the V6 ATS would be more comparable. The 2.0T is impressive but it isn't a V6 that is for sure.
SimpsonTide985 likes this.
#9 (permalink) Old 02-28-2013, 05:37 PM

DuffyDacs is on a distinguished road

I agree with that as well, The V6 Cadillac ATS higher trim would be more comparable to the Q50 rather than the turbo 4 banger.
#10 (permalink) Old 03-07-2013, 03:44 PM

M35h is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfrp View Post
I think options for options of "bang for your buck" features vs price. Nothing beats the G37 and now the Q50. I am interested in the performance aspect of the ATS though. People who drive it seem to like it more than the 3 series BMW.
That's interesting to hear about the ATS. Do you have a link?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2014 Infiniti Q50 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.