User Tag List

537Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 624 (permalink) Old 08-10-2013, 12:53 AM Thread Starter
Q50 Addict

Mentioned: 82 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 579 Post(s)
gbert15 is a splendid one to behold gbert15 is a splendid one to behold gbert15 is a splendid one to behold gbert15 is a splendid one to behold gbert15 is a splendid one to behold gbert15 is a splendid one to behold gbert15 is a splendid one to behold gbert15 is a splendid one to behold
Exclamation Oreo Build Thread

I wanted to start with some pics of my first car! A 1997 Acura Integra! This was the first car I modded and have been in love with modding cars ever since!

But one day got hit by a Range Rover HSE in the parking lot and got totalled!

And so from the money I got from the insurance when they totalled my Integra, I bought Chubbylita!

Did a lot of mods from body kits and wheels to some minor engine work!

But at some point everyone needs to take responsibility and think of more things than yourself and so I knew I had to let go of Chubbylita, put her back to stock and get a Sedan

And so in 2014 I finally decided to get that sedan so I researched a lot of cars and came across the 2014 Infiniti Q50! Joined this forum and my knowledge about it grew and grew and made me decide that this was the car for me! And so I pre-ordered in June and come 8/7/2013, I traded in Chubbylita and in came.....

A week before the purchase, I frequently visited her @ the dealership and fiddled with her knobs and accessories!

And come 8/7/2013 I simply had to do a shoot with her next to the plane near the dealer along with some other random stuff!

Lucy Build Thread
2015 Infiniti Q50S RWD
Venetian Ruby | Graphite | Wood
Deluxe Touring Package | Rear Splash Guards | OEM Rear Spoiler
Raspberry Red Akebono Calipers | Front & Rear Stoptech Drilled/Slotted Rotors
NISMO License Plates
STILLEN Cat-Back Exhaust | Rear Diffuser | Custom Front Splitter
BC Racing BR-Type Coilovers | SSR SP4 Gloss White 20x9.5 Front 20x10.5 Rear
Hankook Evo V12 225/35/20 Front and 255/35/20 Rear | Black Project Kics Iconix Lug Nuts w/ Red Aluminum Caps
post #2 of 624 (permalink) Old 08-10-2013, 12:55 AM Thread Starter
Q50 Addict

gbert15 is a splendid one to behold gbert15 is a splendid one to behold gbert15 is a splendid one to behold gbert15 is a splendid one to behold gbert15 is a splendid one to behold gbert15 is a splendid one to behold gbert15 is a splendid one to behold gbert15 is a splendid one to behold

On 8/9/2013 I decided to do my first minor mod! Debadging the Hybrid badge at both fenders! Its supposed to improve by reducing your drag coefficient by 0.0000000000012! Dont question my numbers! Believe it!

Used a fishing line to take out the lettering initially and using Goo Gone to take out the tape residue made the job much easier!

My family being Catholic, we also had the car blessed today!

That's it so far! Havent debadges the Q50S at the rear! Wanna savor it some more and will probably do that before I do my claybar and sealant application!

Lucy Build Thread
2015 Infiniti Q50S RWD
NISMO License Plates
Hankook Evo V12 225/35/20 Front and 255/35/20 Rear | Black Project Kics Iconix Lug Nuts w/ Red Aluminum Caps
post #3 of 624 (permalink) Old 08-10-2013, 12:55 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Quoted: 792 Post(s)
SimpsonTide985 has a reputation beyond repute SimpsonTide985 has a reputation beyond repute SimpsonTide985 has a reputation beyond repute SimpsonTide985 has a reputation beyond repute SimpsonTide985 has a reputation beyond repute SimpsonTide985 has a reputation beyond repute SimpsonTide985 has a reputation beyond repute SimpsonTide985 has a reputation beyond repute SimpsonTide985 has a reputation beyond repute SimpsonTide985 has a reputation beyond repute SimpsonTide985 has a reputation beyond repute

How long did it take you to debadge it?

What method/material did you use?
post #4 of 624 (permalink) Old 08-10-2013, 01:07 AM Thread Starter
Q50 Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpsonTide985 View Post
How long did it take you to debadge it?

What method/material did you use?
Ahhh forgot to mention that I used a fishing line(used to use floss but usually breaks) and some goo gone once the letterings are taken off to soften the tape residue! I am glad I came across it when I was taking off the eyelids from my G35 and it had a lot of tape residue left on the headlights! It seems completely safe and so far ive used it on headlights and the fender and no damages or anything seen!

Lucy Build Thread
2015 Infiniti Q50S RWD
NISMO License Plates
post #5 of 624 (permalink) Old 08-10-2013, 07:05 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Quoted: 792 Post(s)
SimpsonTide985 has a reputation beyond repute SimpsonTide985 has a reputation beyond repute SimpsonTide985 has a reputation beyond repute SimpsonTide985 has a reputation beyond repute SimpsonTide985 has a reputation beyond repute SimpsonTide985 has a reputation beyond repute SimpsonTide985 has a reputation beyond repute SimpsonTide985 has a reputation beyond repute SimpsonTide985 has a reputation beyond repute SimpsonTide985 has a reputation beyond repute SimpsonTide985 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbert15 View Post
Ahhh forgot to mention that I used a fishing line(used to use floss but usually breaks) and some goo gone once the letterings are taken off to soften the tape residue! I am glad I came across it when I was taking off the eyelids from my G35 and it had a lot of tape residue left on the headlights! It seems completely safe and so far ive used it on headlights and the fender and no damages or anything seen!
Hmmm...

How long did it take you?

What kind of cloth did you use to apply the Goo Gone?
post #6 of 624 (permalink) Old 08-10-2013, 07:52 AM
Q50 Addict

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Quoted: 458 Post(s)
cvipgo is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Hmmm...

I would use 3m molding remover liquid instead goo gone.
Probably 20 min and used q-tips to soften double sided tape and microfiber cloth to wipe & polish it clean. IMO

Q50Hybrid Sport AWD, MB/Graphite fully loaded from factory 8th Infiniti
post #7 of 624 (permalink) Old 08-10-2013, 09:16 AM Thread Starter
Q50 Addict

Quote:
Hmmm...

Hmmmm around 15-20 mins for both sides already!

I actually just used paper towel! Its a soft kind though! I would spray a bit while having the paper towel positioned at the bottom of the badge to catch the drip/excess! Its just to soak the tape residue a bit and soften it up!

Lucy Build Thread
2015 Infiniti Q50S RWD
NISMO License Plates
post #8 of 624 (permalink) Old 08-10-2013, 10:09 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 75 Post(s)
GobinGiri is on a distinguished road
Garage

Your camera really brings out the red in the taillights, it looks awesome! Are you going to tint the windows?
gbert15 likes this.
post #9 of 624 (permalink) Old 08-10-2013, 12:15 PM Thread Starter
Q50 Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by GobinGiri View Post
Your camera really brings out the red in the taillights, it looks awesome! Are you going to tint the windows?
Thanks! I think u just need to lower exposure and highlights to lower light bleed and make the taillights clearer in the pic!

Yes I do but trying to get the best percentage I can get without being pulled over! Might go ceramic with pinnacle f1 tints as suggested by afrosheen!

Lucy Build Thread
2015 Infiniti Q50S RWD
NISMO License Plates
post #10 of 624 (permalink) Old 08-10-2013, 12:28 PM
Q50 Addict

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quoted: 447 Post(s)
selzini has a spectacular aura about selzini has a spectacular aura about selzini has a spectacular aura about

I still miss my 2003 red coupe, which unmodded, looked exactly like yours when I traded it in, oh so long ago.

I hope the blessing works, but just to be safe, find out if the priest holds stock in any oil companies.
gbert15 and greenhut like this.

Venetian Ruby Q50 AWD Hybrid - 6th Infiniti
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Infiniti Q50 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.