2018 Q50s Rolling Off The Assembly Line - Infiniti Q50 Forum
User Tag List

 6Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-05-2017, 07:31 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Your Moms House
Posts: 133
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Ruxor is on a distinguished road
Ruxor is offline  
post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-05-2017, 08:09 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 29
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
shayer is on a distinguished road
Default

I am bit triggered that the new Red Sport 400 looks better after I just got a 2017!! I always thought it didn't differentiate between the regular Q50 enough except red brake calipers and the pointless holes in the exhaust. But oh well! I hope the 2020 (lease end) Red Sport has a DCT, mag-ride, LSD, premium non-RFT tires, 500+hp, tuned exhaust note and high tech infotainment with car play/android auto!! (One can dream)
shayer is offline  
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-05-2017, 08:32 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 9
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
BlacknBlue is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shayer View Post
I am bit triggered that the new Red Sport 400 looks better after I just got a 2017!! I always thought it didn't differentiate between the regular Q50 enough except red brake calipers and the pointless holes in the exhaust. But oh well! I hope the 2020 (lease end) Red Sport has a DCT, mag-ride, LSD, premium non-RFT tires, 500+hp, tuned exhaust note and high tech infotainment with car play/android auto!! (One can dream)

I think all 2018s are a BIG step back from the 2014-2017 style-wise. Count yourself lucky for having the best year of the Q50.
ThreeBlockWar likes this.
BlacknBlue is offline  
 
post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-05-2017, 08:38 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 29
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
shayer is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlacknBlue View Post
I think all 2018s are a BIG step back from the 2014-2017 style-wise. Count yourself lucky for having the best year of the Q50.
I like the full led tail-lamps, looks more modern to me! Also the accents on the front, side mirrors and rear diffuser. As far as interior, the red-stitching across the cabin, updated steering wheel and shifter all are miniscule upgrades but I love the little details!
Jay2Dub likes this.
shayer is offline  
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-06-2017, 11:18 AM
Über Member
 
Fateswarning's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: San Diego
Posts: 757
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 245 Post(s)
Fateswarning is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

I haven't warmed up to the new front end yet. The sport has the smiley face now.

The full LED tails had to be done. It was ridiculous that they weren't full LED's before.

I didn't notice the different side mirror accents, the diffuser looks good but I don't like the black on color look. The Stillen diffuser made the ass look fat, not in a good way.

The wheel and shifter are nice, although I don't need another Infiniti logo on it.
The best upgrade of all is subtle but it fixes something that I've always hated, that chrome strip on the trunk below the finisher. Getting rid of that makes it look so much better, less busy.
ThreeBlockWar likes this.
Fateswarning is offline  
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-06-2017, 11:30 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 29
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
shayer is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fateswarning View Post
I haven't warmed up to the new front end yet. The sport has the smiley face now.

The full LED tails had to be done. It was ridiculous that they weren't full LED's before.

I didn't notice the different side mirror accents, the diffuser looks good but I don't like the black on color look. The Stillen diffuser made the ass look fat, not in a good way.

The wheel and shifter are nice, although I don't need another Infiniti logo on it.
The best upgrade of all is subtle but it fixes something that I've always hated, that chrome strip on the trunk below the finisher. Getting rid of that makes it look so much better, less busy.
Lol smiley face....did not notice that until now!
shayer is offline  
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-06-2017, 11:53 AM
Über Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 968
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 462 Post(s)
Truth is on a distinguished road
Default

I wish they would make a Completely blacked out grille option like the Q60, not just the inner portion but the surrounding Chrome Border. Why they put so much chrome on the car I have no idea. Why would they do that? The Red Sport should not have Chrome Around the Window Trim, Grille, or Trunk.
Truth is offline  
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-06-2017, 12:05 PM
Über Member
 
Fateswarning's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: San Diego
Posts: 757
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 245 Post(s)
Fateswarning is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shayer View Post
Lol smiley face....did not notice that until now!
Yeah, the sport had the mad dog face and the premium had the smiley face. Not as noticeable on black as white or other light colors.

The new sport vs old premium.


Last edited by Fateswarning; 06-06-2017 at 12:11 PM.
Fateswarning is offline  
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-06-2017, 03:33 PM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Menlo Park, Ca
Posts: 53
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
mpegripper is on a distinguished road
Garage
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth View Post
I wish they would make a Completely blacked out grille option like the Q60, not just the inner portion but the surrounding Chrome Border. Why they put so much chrome on the car I have no idea. Why would they do that? The Red Sport should not have Chrome Around the Window Trim, Grille, or Trunk.
agree, almost all car manufacturers black out trim when you go with the highest end "sport" version of a car...but infiniti just loves chrome/polished for some reason

2017 Q50 Red Sport 400 RWD
Iridium Blue/Graphite/Kacchu Aluminum
Drive Assistance/Premium Plus
mpegripper is offline  
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-06-2017, 03:59 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 215
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 107 Post(s)
G37S is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpegripper View Post
agree, almost all car manufacturers black out trim when you go with the highest end "sport" version of a car...but infiniti just loves chrome/polished for some reason
IMO it will change soon. Either Infiniti will offer an even sportier trim, or they will black out the RS models. Take a look at 2017 Q60 Carbon Fiber pieces on the outside, they offered that right away and I believe more will come to make it stand out.
Infiniti received a bit of flack for 2016 Red Sport models not being that different on the outside, so they changed the caliper colors, interior stitching color to red, and my guess is that will evolve over time.

2016 Q50 Red Sport 400 AWD - Majestic White
G37S is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Infiniti Q50 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome