post #101 of 136 (permalink) Old 11-02-2015, 11:30 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
d1ez3 is on a distinguished road
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruxor View Post
I gave them 8000 and replaced 3 of them under warranty.

The service manager told me that they are crap. Every technician who I spoke with said changing them out, which I have done, is the best car upgrade you can do.

They know they are bad.

I tell everyone who will listen to change out the tires and if a hybrid, like mine, throw in some tire sealant and a pump.
Could I replace mine under warranty with a lease? I have 5k miles on my q50 hybrid and one of my run flats went flat today. I don't want to spend $300 tomorrow to get a new one just to have to replace again when I get a nail in it because they don't patch them.

2014 Q50 Hybrid RWD Nav
post #102 of 136 (permalink) Old 11-03-2015, 04:04 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Kendall is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendall View Post
Holy crap!

Do the dealerships offer some kind of tire insurance?
If so, how much does it cost?
So I called my dealership and they said there is a 'tire and wheel' protection package, but it's $695.00. Since i'm only keeping the car 3-4 years and I drive so little miles (7300 miles per year), i'm thinking I may just pass on that kind of protection.
post #103 of 136 (permalink) Old 11-03-2015, 06:20 PM
Über Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 411 Post(s)
Truth is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendall View Post
So I called my dealership and they said there is a 'tire and wheel' protection package, but it's $695.00. Since i'm only keeping the car 3-4 years and I drive so little miles (7300 miles per year), i'm thinking I may just pass on that kind of protection.
I have this package, I don't think it covers slow leaks or flats etc. but I can't remember exactly. It's mainly for the rim damage. I'm leasing too and I'll guarantee you'll go through a few tires before your lease is up.
post #104 of 136 (permalink) Old 11-05-2015, 01:30 PM

Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Ruxor is on a distinguished road

I have the Platinum Protection Package. I recommend it.
https://owners.infinitiusa.com/conte...m_Brochure.pdf

It covers a lot.

It did cover the tires I had. I said 8000 but it was like 10k or something I had on the Run Flats. They just kept blowing sidewalls. I would hit a bump that was fairly, I thought, insignificant and I would see a bubble. I

even read the forums here with all the tire issues and still I tried them.

The dealership tech told me they suck. They told me that they replace them a lot. The plan they offer is 100% coverage but it is a reimbursement. I have had them do dents, a rim and 3 tires. Eventually I just got sick

of bringing my car in. I complained, told them that they know these tires are bad and they gave me a large discount on some AS/3s. Done.
post #105 of 136 (permalink) Old 11-05-2015, 02:47 PM
Q50 Addict

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 391 Post(s)
rpiotro is on a distinguished road

Let's just please clarify here. These blowout issues are pretty much limited to the 40 series, 19" Dunlops on the sport package. Am I correct?

Chestnut Bronze/Wheat 2014 Q50 Hybrid AWD with tech package.

"Well, are you talkin' about what it is you know or just repeating what it was you heard?"
Grace Slick

"He has erected a multitude of new offices, and sent hither swarms of officers to harass our people, and eat out their substance."
From the Declaration of Independence.
post #106 of 136 (permalink) Old 01-04-2016, 10:16 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
mneshaw is on a distinguished road

Fortunately I took the tire and wheel insurance for my Q50S. I have had 15 flat tires in a little more than 2 years. This car should never be sold in the Northeast. I have heard that there might be a class action law suit. Does anyone know? -MikeS
post #107 of 136 (permalink) Old 01-06-2016, 09:50 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
AlexV is on a distinguished road

No class action lawsuits of any kind. But yea, the combination of RFT's + sporty suspension is definitely WRONG for the type of roads in many areas of NY/NJ. Even the low-profile "summer" non-RFT tires can be somewhat unbearable on cars with any kind of "sporty" suspension due to billions of potholes on local streets. Best you can do is find the softest non-RFT "all-season" tires and just drive slower when driving on any local roads.
rpiotro likes this.
post #108 of 136 (permalink) Old 02-06-2016, 03:38 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
requiem is on a distinguished road

I have a 2015 Q50 Premium AWD and was going to get a tire/rim protection plan offered through my leasing company due to all the issues with RFT's (especially since I have the 5-spoke bright metal rims, which go for $475 apiece apparently), but now I'm leaning towards just swapping the RFT's out for Michelin Pilot AS3's like others have done. I wanted to know, though - does changing the tires affect the tire pressure sensor or the fuel economy, and if so by how much from your experience? Thanks.
post #109 of 136 (permalink) Old 02-06-2016, 10:13 AM
Q50 Addict

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 391 Post(s)
rpiotro is on a distinguished road

^^^
No.

Chestnut Bronze/Wheat 2014 Q50 Hybrid AWD with tech package.

"Well, are you talkin' about what it is you know or just repeating what it was you heard?"
Grace Slick

"He has erected a multitude of new offices, and sent hither swarms of officers to harass our people, and eat out their substance."
From the Declaration of Independence.
post #110 of 136 (permalink) Old 02-06-2016, 10:37 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Midlife Crisis is on a distinguished road
Default RFTs

I have no words to describe how much quiet and how much better the car handles after I got rid of the RFTs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Infiniti Q50 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.