42Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #11 of 136 (permalink) Old 10-24-2013, 11:10 AM
Q50 Addict

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 110 Post(s)
maddsiick is on a distinguished road

I cant tell you how much I hate how the runflats handle in the cold weather. I wish I could drive a Q50 without runflats to see the difference.

2014 Infiniti Q50S AWD
Graphite Shadow | Graphite
Nav | Deluxe Touring | Spare Tire | Technology
Welcome Lighting | Rear Spoiler | Rear Splash Guards | Interior Ambient Lighting | STILLEN Roof Spoiler| Infiniti Sport Exhuast
post #12 of 136 (permalink) Old 10-24-2013, 03:29 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
OngQQ. is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_m View Post
Don't think so. In my case I bought a set of 19" Bridgestone Turanza Serenity Plus
High Performance 245/40R19 tires from Costco for $288.99 each. Also bought a set of OEM Infiniti rims on e-bay. All this to replace the 17" run flats that came on my pre ordered Q50 premium hybryd. (not the S version)
The dealer in my case had no clue so I took it upon myself to do all this. After all that I had to buy a spare OEM tire on ebay because the dealer has no clue on ordeing a spare tire package. (much less trunck space in the Hybyrd now with spare)
The car with these tires runs super quite, & smooth as silk on the road.
Check out pic of my car on gallery with caption, "First day at the beach".
Anybody looking for a set of 17" runflats
You went with a good choice for tires I had a set on my G35. They are confortable and still has performance, equvilent to Michelins quality but not the price tag.
post #13 of 136 (permalink) Old 10-29-2013, 04:11 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Dstew is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frederico100 View Post
Be careful if you lease your car. Some people on this forum have indicated that you must return your car with the run flat tires so swapping is not an option. You have to buy new tires and store the old ones until you return the leased vehicle.
Really??? Initially I thought the RFT were decent, but after finally driving the vehicle for 3 consecutive days I'm starting to notice how much they suck. So I guess I have to go 3 years like this... I refuse to add anything additonal for a car i'm going to return.

post #14 of 136 (permalink) Old 10-29-2013, 04:38 PM
Master Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Rayz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dstew View Post
Really??? Initially I thought the RFT were decent, but after finally driving the vehicle for 3 consecutive days I'm starting to notice how much they suck. So I guess I have to go 3 years like this... I refuse to add anything additonal for a car i'm going to return.
I would say if you plan on staying with Japanese sedans for a long time then you might as well buy your own set of wheels and tires, so even after your Q50 lease is up you have a set of wheels you can still use on another car.

But I don't know if it will make much sense since you are paying for it.

Plus if you return a car with tires in new condition while the car has thousands of miles on it, they will question it.
post #15 of 136 (permalink) Old 10-29-2013, 05:59 PM
Master Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)
FolsomDude is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffleman View Post
What have you noticed that is different (ride wise) with the Michelin A/S 3 vs the 19 run flats? Are the Michelin A/S 3 cheaper than the stock tires?

The A/S 3's are a much smoother ride and way quieter over bumps. As a bonus they handle better too.. And yes they are much cheaper than the 19" run flats.
shankar96 likes this.

2014 Q50 Premium
Liquid Platinum / Tech / 19" Sport wheels + Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3's
post #16 of 136 (permalink) Old 10-30-2013, 10:31 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
weatherboy80 is on a distinguished road

For the most part we (my wife and I) have been enjoying the new Q50 Premium with added 19" wheel package, but I must AGREE that the run flats are noisy and ride extremly rough, especially on the highway for a car of this class. I asked the dealer to swap them out during negotiation, but they wouldn't budge.

I'm wondering what the tread life is expected to be on these Dunlaps RFT's under "normal" day to day driving conditions?

Also do you think one might get a slightly smoother ride if you decrease the PSI in each tire slightly? I ask because I believe they are pretty high already at say 35 psi?

Last edited by weatherboy80; 10-30-2013 at 05:39 PM.
post #17 of 136 (permalink) Old 10-30-2013, 11:00 AM
Q50 Addict

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Quoted: 462 Post(s)
selzini has a spectacular aura about selzini has a spectacular aura about selzini has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by weatherboy80 View Post
For the most part we (my wife and I) have been enjoying the new Q50 Premium with added 19" wheel package, but I must AGREE that the run flats are noisy and ride extremly rough, especially on the highway for a car of this class. I asked the dealer to swap them out during negotiation, but they wouldn't budge.

I'm wondering what the tread life is expected to be on these Dunlaps RFT's under "normal day to day driving conditions?

Also do you think one might get a slightly smoother ride if you decrease the PSI in each tire slightly? I ask because I believe they are pretty high already at say 35 psi?
The wear rating on the 17" Potenzas was 400 - I don't know what the rating is on the Dunlop 19" tires. When my dealer wouldn't switch them out, I had them put on the tires from by G trade, which have a rating of 560 and had only 11,000 miles on them. They should last longer than the new RFTs. As far as decreasing the pressure in the tires, I wouldn't do it, for several reasons. A low pressure in a tire will make it heat up faster, and even if it didn't, the handling would not be the same. Also, remember that with colder weather coming, the pressure in the tire will go down even more. Even here in Tennessee, I have to add air to the tires in winter, in order to keep them at the proper pressure.

Venetian Ruby Q50 AWD Hybrid - 6th Infiniti
post #18 of 136 (permalink) Old 10-30-2013, 11:09 AM
ber Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 154 Post(s)
equetefue is on a distinguished road

The RFT's have a treadwear of 260 which is better than the RE050 the M37s had. Those lasted me about 32000 miles so im hoping to get 40k out of the Dunlops.

2015 Infiniti QX60 Obsidian Black Loaded

2014 Mercedes Benz CLS550, P1 Pkg, AMG Wheel Pkg, Multicontour seat, Parktronic, Llumar CTX tints, Xpel Ultimate wrapped
post #19 of 136 (permalink) Old 10-30-2013, 11:14 AM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
IRadi8 is on a distinguished road

I love mine...I don't have any issues with RFTs. It's much quieter than my prior G37S and my last M37S.
CarolinaQ50 and equetefue like this.

Mjlnir
2014 Q50S Hybrid
Graphite Shadow | Graphite Leather | Kacchu Aluminum
Navigation | Full Splash Guards
post #20 of 136 (permalink) Old 10-30-2013, 11:58 AM
ber Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 154 Post(s)
equetefue is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRadi8 View Post
I love mine...I don't have any issues with RFTs. It's much quieter than my prior G37S and my last M37S.

I didnt want to say it earlier, but i feel 100% the same way in comparison to my previous G37s and M37s as well. Glad I know I aint going crazy
CarolinaQ50 and IRadi8 like this.

2015 Infiniti QX60 Obsidian Black Loaded

2014 Mercedes Benz CLS550, P1 Pkg, AMG Wheel Pkg, Multicontour seat, Parktronic, Llumar CTX tints, Xpel Ultimate wrapped
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Infiniti Q50 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.