42Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #21 of 136 (permalink) Old 10-30-2013, 02:20 PM
Über Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
chicagokevo is on a distinguished road

I don't really have an issue with the noise, so much as I do with the harsh ride and "loose" road grip of these RFTs. I came from an '11 G (non-sport w/ 17s) and those (factory) tires were definitely superior. Road grip was better and ride was less jarring. Not sure why Infiniti would fail w/ the Q50 tires.
maddsiick likes this.

Current:
2016 Infiniti Q50 Hybrid Premium AWD [Loaded]
Graphite Shadow w/ Graphite
Splash Guards | Illum. Kick Plates | Hideaway Front Plate | BlackVue 2-ch 1080p HD Dash Cam
Tech | NAV | Spare | All-Weather | Cargo | 3M Crystalline Series 20% Tint

Prior:
2014 Infiniti Q50S
Liquid Platinum w/ Graphite
Splash Guards | Illum. Kick Plates | Michelin PS A/S 3 Tires | Hideaway Front Plate | BlackVue 2-ch 1080p HD Dash Cam
Dlx Touring | Tech | NAV | Spare | All-Weather | Cargo
post #22 of 136 (permalink) Old 10-30-2013, 03:04 PM
Über Member

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 357 Post(s)
BNB-Ryan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frederico100 View Post
Be careful if you lease your car. Some people on this forum have indicated that you must return your car with the run flat tires so swapping is not an option. You have to buy new tires and store the old ones until you return the leased vehicle.

How long do the run flats last? I had to replace tires on my last 36,000 lease, but only once. This means, theoretically, you could swap for Michellins and store the run flats, then when the new tires need a change, put the run flats back on and deal with it for a few months before your lease runs up.
post #23 of 136 (permalink) Old 10-30-2013, 05:06 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Dstew is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNB-Ryan View Post
How long do the run flats last? I had to replace tires on my last 36,000 lease, but only once. This means, theoretically, you could swap for Michellins and store the run flats, then when the new tires need a change, put the run flats back on and deal with it for a few months before your lease runs up.
I'm definitely considering that...

post #24 of 136 (permalink) Old 10-30-2013, 05:48 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 484 Post(s)
Sinecure is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNB-Ryan View Post
That's pretty much my plan. Except I'll be putting winter tires on and swapping the RFT's on/off each spring/fall. Should get me through the lease.

I'm a salesperson at an Infiniti Dealer in the Bay Area. Since many interweb jockeys think all salesmen are untruthful scum, certain users here suggested I put in a signature so you can completely disregard everything I say. YMMV. Click Here to see what customers think of me.

You can PM or Email Me if you are around Northern California and want help with your Infiniti purchase decision.

Garage: 2016 Q50 AWD Red Sport Iridium Blue; 1960 Austin Healey Sprite
post #25 of 136 (permalink) Old 10-30-2013, 06:35 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
rbartick is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRadi8 View Post
I love mine...I don't have any issues with RFTs. It's much quieter than my prior G37S and my last M37S.
Mine seem ok as well. I should admit that I am not driving this car like a sports car.
CarolinaQ50 likes this.
post #26 of 136 (permalink) Old 10-30-2013, 06:41 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
weatherboy80 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbartick View Post
Mine seem ok as well. I should admit that I am not driving this car like a sports car.

Same here - although to me I feel like they pick up just about ever bump or imperfection in the road below. Might be because here in Florida they use a lot of aggregate in the road surfaces so they are rougher than in other areas of the country?
post #27 of 136 (permalink) Old 11-29-2013, 07:00 PM
Über Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
chicagokevo is on a distinguished road

Bye bye RFTs. Sitting now waiting for my new set of Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3s to be mounted. Eager for the "new" ride that promises to be. I was split between those & the cheaper Continental ExtremeContact DWSs that have been praised for solid snow performance. Decided I'd benefit most from the A/S 3s with superior-rated dry & wet traction performance and good cold weather/snow capabilities when needed. It's possible I'll be moving back north soon so I wanted tires that would carry me through a cold winter, while at the same time maximizing the daily driving performance of my car--which I feel was lacking w/ the RFTs. I'll report back w/ thoughts...
(Btw if anyone cares, the best price I could find was through Discount Tire @ $1,080 installed. Continental's were $980. I know that's pretty expensive for rubber & I had to convince myself that it was worth it instead of opting for cheaper tires. These will last throughout my entire lease on a 45k mi Michelin warranty, so I think it's a good decision.)

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Current:
2016 Infiniti Q50 Hybrid Premium AWD [Loaded]
Graphite Shadow w/ Graphite
Splash Guards | Illum. Kick Plates | Hideaway Front Plate | BlackVue 2-ch 1080p HD Dash Cam
Tech | NAV | Spare | All-Weather | Cargo | 3M Crystalline Series 20% Tint

Prior:
2014 Infiniti Q50S
Liquid Platinum w/ Graphite
Splash Guards | Illum. Kick Plates | Michelin PS A/S 3 Tires | Hideaway Front Plate | BlackVue 2-ch 1080p HD Dash Cam
Dlx Touring | Tech | NAV | Spare | All-Weather | Cargo
post #28 of 136 (permalink) Old 11-29-2013, 11:40 PM
Q50 Addict

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 160 Post(s)
InfinitiPlusOne is on a distinguished road

Looking forward to your thought on the A/S3 tires compare to the Dunlop RFT. I got my A/S3 tires the very first day I got my Q50. So far, I love it.
But, all my driving condition is dry weather (SoCal weather ) Curious how it handle the snowy/wet condition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagokevo View Post
Bye bye RFTs. Sitting now waiting for my new set of Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3s to be mounted. Eager for the "new" ride that promises to be. I was split between those & the cheaper Continental ExtremeContact DWSs that have been praised for solid snow performance. Decided I'd benefit most from the A/S 3s with superior-rated dry & wet traction performance and good cold weather/snow capabilities when needed. It's possible I'll be moving back north soon so I wanted tires that would carry me through a cold winter, while at the same time maximizing the daily driving performance of my car--which I feel was lacking w/ the RFTs. I'll report back w/ thoughts...
(Btw if anyone cares, the best price I could find was through Discount Tire @ $1,080 installed. Continental's were $980. I know that's pretty expensive for rubber & I had to convince myself that it was worth it instead of opting for cheaper tires. These will last throughout my entire lease on a 45k mi Michelin warranty, so I think it's a good decision.)

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Q50S Hybrid + Deluxe Techs (RWD)
20" MRR RW7 + Hankook V12 evo2
StopTech rotors + Hawk ceramic pads
BC BR Coilover + Swift springs
post #29 of 136 (permalink) Old 01-13-2014, 03:34 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
soprano13 is on a distinguished road

Hey guys ,
I have q50 awd Premium with 17" wheels Bridgestone tires.
Can I take out the runflat cores and still use these stock tires?
the reason I ask, is I hit some potholes and they are harsh feeling. I never had runflats before and think that the harsh ride can be due to the runflat cores.
post #30 of 136 (permalink) Old 01-13-2014, 04:26 PM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
waffleman is on a distinguished road

Chicagokevo, how is it going on those Michelin tires?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Infiniti Q50 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.