• 3 Post By StevetheTech

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-29-2013, 10:21 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
hippo is on a distinguished road
Default Maintenance Tire message

I am suddenly getting the "Maintenance Tire" message on start up each time I turn on my Q50S hybrid --- I have not set any tire reminder and my tire pressures are fine. I only have 4600 miles on it so this is perplexing...

Any ideas?

Don
post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-29-2013, 11:20 PM
Q50 Addict

Mentioned: 82 Post(s)
Quoted: 579 Post(s)
gbert15 is a splendid one to behold gbert15 is a splendid one to behold gbert15 is a splendid one to behold gbert15 is a splendid one to behold gbert15 is a splendid one to behold gbert15 is a splendid one to behold gbert15 is a splendid one to behold gbert15 is a splendid one to behold

Best thing is probably bringing it to dealer for them to check out what the problem is!

Lucy Build Thread
2015 Infiniti Q50S RWD
Venetian Ruby | Graphite | Wood
Deluxe Touring Package | Rear Splash Guards | OEM Rear Spoiler
Raspberry Red Akebono Calipers | Front & Rear Stoptech Drilled/Slotted Rotors
NISMO License Plates
STILLEN Cat-Back Exhaust | Rear Diffuser | Custom Front Splitter
BC Racing BR-Type Coilovers | SSR SP4 Gloss White 20x9.5 Front 20x10.5 Rear
Hankook Evo V12 225/35/20 Front and 255/35/20 Rear | Black Project Kics Iconix Lug Nuts w/ Red Aluminum Caps
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-30-2013, 12:42 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 65 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 515 Post(s)
Sinecure is on a distinguished road

No need to go to dealer. Just re-set the maintenance reminder for a mileage more in line with when you'd like to be reminded.
chicagokevo, gbert15 and cvipgo like this.

I'm a salesperson at an Infiniti Dealer in the Bay Area. Since many interweb jockeys think all salesmen are untruthful scum, certain users here suggested I put in a signature so you can completely disregard everything I say. YMMV. Click Here to see what customers think of me.

You can PM or Email Me if you are around Northern California and want help with your Infiniti purchase decision.

Garage: 2016 Q50 AWD Red Sport Iridium Blue; 1960 Austin Healey Sprite

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-31-2013, 10:15 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
StevetheTech is on a distinguished road
Garage

I have found while going through a lot full of these that many of them are coming with random mileage intervals. The PDI training we went through skipped one of the maintenance indicators (there are actually two). I have been trying to inform everyone possible about this but I suspect many owner are going to find random service interval reminders popping up between 4 and 7 thousand miles.

To reset the indicator, or set the combination meter gauge to the proper 5K interval, for oil and tire. I typically only set either oil or oil filter, they are replaced in pair so there is no need for extra reminders.

SETTINGS --> METER --> MAINTENANCE -->
From here you should see a map with sliding points.

The Maintenance Note section will bring you into the sub menu that will display on the main screens.

There are several options for maintenance reminders, in this system you can really have as much, or as few as you prefer.
gbert15, ghedoicy and JayG35 like this.

-----------------If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur. -Red Adair
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-01-2013, 08:50 AM
Q50 Addict

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
Quoted: 455 Post(s)
selzini has a spectacular aura about selzini has a spectacular aura about selzini has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevetheTech View Post
I have found while going through a lot full of these that many of them are coming with random mileage intervals. The PDI training we went through skipped one of the maintenance indicators (there are actually two). I have been trying to inform everyone possible about this but I suspect many owner are going to find random service interval reminders popping up between 4 and 7 thousand miles.

To reset the indicator, or set the combination meter gauge to the proper 5K interval, for oil and tire. I typically only set either oil or oil filter, they are replaced in pair so there is no need for extra reminders.

The Maintenance Note section will bring you into the sub menu that will display on the main screens.

There are several options for maintenance reminders, in this system you can really have as much, or as few as you prefer.
I found the screen recently while playing with the system. You're right that the maintenance indicators seemed to be totally random in their set up. I just moved them to the far right. I don't need a computer to tell me when it's time to change the oil or rotate the tires. Sheeesh.

Venetian Ruby Q50 AWD Hybrid - 6th Infiniti
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-02-2013, 12:28 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
hippo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevetheTech View Post

Thanks! That was exactly correct -- I was adjusting the one reminder under maintenance notes but not the one in meters.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-07-2014, 04:24 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
ghedoicy is on a distinguished road
Garage

Thanks! It just happened to me.

-Matt
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-07-2014, 08:07 PM
Q50 Addict

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Quoted: 460 Post(s)
cvipgo is an unknown quantity at this point

There's an ITB13-047 for this issue, 2014 Q50; MAINTENANCE REMINDERS IN METER AND ON APPS SCREEN.

See attached five pages
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ITB13-047 for Q50_Page_1.jpg
Views:	6137
Size:	141.5 KB
ID:	13481   Click image for larger version

Name:	ITB13-047 for Q50_Page_2.jpg
Views:	5507
Size:	72.2 KB
ID:	13489   Click image for larger version

Name:	ITB13-047 for Q50_Page_3.jpg
Views:	5213
Size:	69.7 KB
ID:	13497   Click image for larger version

Name:	ITB13-047 for Q50_Page_4.jpg
Views:	4992
Size:	70.3 KB
ID:	13505   Click image for larger version

Name:	ITB13-047 for Q50_Page_5.jpg
Views:	5065
Size:	97.9 KB
ID:	13513  

Q50Hybrid Sport AWD, MB/Graphite fully loaded from factory 8th Infiniti
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-18-2014, 10:21 PM
Q50 Addict

Mentioned: 82 Post(s)
Quoted: 579 Post(s)
gbert15 is a splendid one to behold gbert15 is a splendid one to behold gbert15 is a splendid one to behold gbert15 is a splendid one to behold gbert15 is a splendid one to behold gbert15 is a splendid one to behold gbert15 is a splendid one to behold gbert15 is a splendid one to behold

Thanks for this! Currently approaching 5k mipes and just got this! I thought I punctured one of my tires! What a relief!

Lucy Build Thread
2015 Infiniti Q50S RWD
Venetian Ruby | Graphite | Wood
Deluxe Touring Package | Rear Splash Guards | OEM Rear Spoiler
Raspberry Red Akebono Calipers | Front & Rear Stoptech Drilled/Slotted Rotors
NISMO License Plates
STILLEN Cat-Back Exhaust | Rear Diffuser | Custom Front Splitter
BC Racing BR-Type Coilovers | SSR SP4 Gloss White 20x9.5 Front 20x10.5 Rear
Hankook Evo V12 225/35/20 Front and 255/35/20 Rear | Black Project Kics Iconix Lug Nuts w/ Red Aluminum Caps
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-05-2015, 03:48 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
drdawg is on a distinguished road

this thing is so freaking annoying..it is still showing oil change at 3750 miles ...from zero..i am at 20K miles already and changed oils a bunch of times...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Infiniti Q50 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.