10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-14-2013, 11:32 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Jackal2001 is on a distinguished road
Default Q50 vs G37

First of all let me say I am a loyal Infiniti customer. Current car is a 2011 G37x. I had a 2005 G35x and a 2008 G35x as well. A month ago someone ran a red light and caused almost $9K of damage to my current 2011 G37x which is now fixed. Since I lease all my cars, no big deal as I was planning on turning it in anyway. My lease is up Nov 1, 2014 so I have a while to go.

Things I don't like about the new Q50.
Cost way more, have to pay for leather, spare tire, etc.
Smaller height in trunk
no infiniti clock in the dash (lame huge digital clock on upper screen if no nav)
computer for functions on dash is really slow
climate controls are on the sides of the display making the right hand side controls harder to reach.
have to get the touring package to get the auto telescoping steering wheel.
DAS Steering wheel lockouts

G37x benefits
Leather
Bigger trunk
infiniti clock
telescoping steering wheel
No DAS BS
etc.

I'm currently leaning toward getting a 2014 G37x again when my lease is up. According to infiniti, they will be making the Gs until mid 2015 as a low end luxury car and the Q50 the higher end luxury car. I have to agree with consumer reports on the markings they gave the Q50 and have the G37 being the better car for the buck.
About the only thing I do like is the exterior of the Q50S with its aggressive new look.

I've driven 3 Q50s already. Even though the car pretty much drives the same as the G37, I just can't seem to find any "gotta have it" reasons to upgrade to the Q50. Am I missing something here? Am I the only one that feels this way?
post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-14-2013, 11:48 AM
Über Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
SnowItch is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal2001 View Post
First of all let me say I am a loyal Infiniti customer. Current car is a 2011 G37x. I had a 2005 G35x and a 2008 G35x as well. A month ago someone ran a red light and caused almost $9K of damage to my current 2011 G37x which is now fixed. Since I lease all my cars, no big deal as I was planning on turning it in anyway. My lease is up Nov 1, 2014 so I have a while to go.

Smaller height in trunk
no infiniti clock in the dash (lame huge digital clock on upper screen if no nav)
climate controls are on the sides of the display making the right hand side controls harder to reach.

G37x benefits
Leather
Bigger trunk
infiniti clock
No DAS BS
etc.

I'm currently leaning toward getting a 2014 G37x again when my lease is up. According to infiniti, they will be making the Gs until mid 2015 as a low end luxury car and the Q50 the higher end luxury car. I have to agree with consumer reports on the markings they gave the Q50 and have the G37 being the better car for the buck.
About the only thing I do like is the exterior of the Q50S with its aggressive new look.

I've driven 3 Q50s already. Even though the car pretty much drives the same as the G37, I just can't seem to find any "gotta have it" reasons to upgrade to the Q50. Am I missing something here? Am I the only one that feels this way?
This has already been beaten to death in another thread.

I suggest you go read it, and then post any questions you have in there.

http://www.infinitiq50.org/forum/new...r-g35-g37.html

Seriously, I don't think we need to rehash the discussion. Not saying you don't have valid issues - just that they've been discussed at length.

I've saved you a step and have copied your post over to the other thread so everyone doesn't have to re-hash it here again.

2014 Infiniti Q50S Hybrid
Graphite Shadow
Graphite Leather with Kacchu Aluminum Interior

2010 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ
Mocha Steel Metallic
Brownstone/Jet Black Leather Interior

Last edited by SnowItch; 12-14-2013 at 11:55 AM.
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-14-2013, 01:52 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
315ER is on a distinguished road

I pretty much came to the same conclusion, just ended up buying a 2013 G37X (is my 3rd G37) instead of a Q50 because the premium package had everything I wanted (sat radio, nav, leather, heated seats, bose, etc) and I got it for ~34k OTD. I was also very hesitant to buy a Q50 because of all the issues I've been reading on this board.

You may want to confirm the info on the G37 being available through 2015. I know this is what was released by Infiniti in August but every dealer i spoke with and a rep at Infiniti Consumer Affairs indicated there would not be a 2014 G37 and that production would end at some point in 2014. It seems screwy that they would continue to sell the 2013 into 2014 but that is what I was told ... although, it could just be to keep selling the 2013s until they decide whether to produce a 2014 ... who knows.

Good luck.

Last edited by 315ER; 12-14-2013 at 01:58 PM.

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-14-2013, 04:22 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Jackal2001 is on a distinguished road

Not only did my dealer tell me the G37 would be made for another year, but here is the official press release.

Infiniti Continues Production of G37 Sedan ? Will Be Sold Alongside the All-New 2014 Q50 Premium Sedan - Infiniti Online Newsroom

$34K OTD is a great price. The fully loaded G37x w/nav and premium they were only coming down to 37.3K.

Last edited by Jackal2001; 12-14-2013 at 04:24 PM.
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-14-2013, 04:41 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Quoted: 792 Post(s)
SimpsonTide985 has a reputation beyond repute SimpsonTide985 has a reputation beyond repute SimpsonTide985 has a reputation beyond repute SimpsonTide985 has a reputation beyond repute SimpsonTide985 has a reputation beyond repute SimpsonTide985 has a reputation beyond repute SimpsonTide985 has a reputation beyond repute SimpsonTide985 has a reputation beyond repute SimpsonTide985 has a reputation beyond repute SimpsonTide985 has a reputation beyond repute SimpsonTide985 has a reputation beyond repute

If you're not comfortable with making a change, I'd just consider keeping the G37 that you have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowItch View Post
This has already been beaten to death in another thread.

I suggest you go read it, and then post any questions you have in there.

http://www.infinitiq50.org/forum/new...r-g35-g37.html

Seriously, I don't think we need to rehash the discussion. Not saying you don't have valid issues - just that they've been discussed at length.

I've saved you a step and have copied your post over to the other thread so everyone doesn't have to re-hash it here again.
Sounds like you're itching for a job...
cvipgo and In AWD We Trust like this.

Last edited by SimpsonTide985; 12-14-2013 at 04:47 PM.
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-14-2013, 04:55 PM
Q50 Addict

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Quoted: 460 Post(s)
cvipgo is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpsonTide985 View Post
its called itch in the snow
SnowItch likes this.

Q50Hybrid Sport AWD, MB/Graphite fully loaded from factory 8th Infiniti
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-14-2013, 05:11 PM
vbx
Über Member

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 190 Post(s)
vbx is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpsonTide985 View Post
If you're not comfortable with making a change, I'd just consider keeping the G37 that you have.

And first thing on his list is to ban me and anyone else to says anything that might sounds "negative". Because he takes it personally. Like he made this car. lol
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-14-2013, 06:08 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
315ER is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Not only did my dealer tell me the G37 would be made for another year, but here is the official press release.

Infiniti Continues Production of G37 Sedan ? Will Be Sold Alongside the All-New 2014 Q50 Premium Sedan - Infiniti Online Newsroom

$34K OTD is a great price. The fully loaded G37x w/nav and premium they were only coming down to 37.3K.
Sounds like your dealer is either more in the know or more honest than the dealers i spoke with. I mentioned that press release to ICA ... they just repeated the 'no 2014 G37' thing. So, who knows. Hard to imagine there will be any/many changes to a 2014 though ... but, i guess it will be worth ~2-3k more because of the MY difference which is why I was thinking of waiting for it or at least considered waiting for better discounts on the 2013 cuz who wants to buy a new 2013 MY car in 2014.

Last edited by 315ER; 12-14-2013 at 06:38 PM.
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-14-2013, 06:51 PM
Q50 Addict

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 283 Post(s)
andrew is on a distinguished road

My dealer said more of less the same thing.
They would get G37's for about 5 more months.
Essentially after 5 months from now is about 1 year after the Q50 came out.

And then they were not going to get any more G37's at that point.

[edit] If you look at the last sales figure out of infiniti. The Q50 is handily outselling the G37. So it also makes sense when you look at the sales figure they would not keep the G37 going for to long.
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-14-2013, 07:49 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
gsam is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Smaller height in trunk

G37x benefits
Leather
Bigger trunk
infiniti clock
No DAS BS
etc.

I agree on most of your points.
Stay with the G if you can, in G37 we may be looking at the last affordable sports sedan.
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/12/15/au...ef=automobiles
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Infiniti Q50 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.