23Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
#1 (permalink) Old 07-24-2013, 05:48 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Infiniti Man is on a distinguished road
Default Update on the software update.

I understand that previous threads about the impending software update have been closed and locked. With that said, I am a bit reluctant to post a new thread. However, I have come across some info from a reliable source that some of you may be interested in so I thought I'd pass it along.

One of my best friends owns an Infiniti dealership in British Columbia (I'd prefer not to mention the name of his dealership or what city it's located in).

At the beginning of June, he ordered me a 3.7 Q50 AWD Sport with the Deluxe Touring And Technology Package. My car arrived at his dealership on July 2nd.

At first, he told me I could take the car home on July 4th after a required software update was installed. That date later changed to August 5th.

I was talking to him about my car today, and he mentioned this:

The update will arrive in early August and his service department will do the install. HOWEVER, he cannot let me take the car home until a representative of Infiniti corporate physically comes to his dealership, does an audit of my car to ensure the necessary update has been installed, and signs off on it.
The representative is scheduled to do the Audit on Aug 12th. My friend could not get an earlier date booked.

I will not be able to take my car home until the 12th, possibly the 13th.

I suspect others whose cars have arrived at their dealer will be in the same boat as me…
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 07-24-2013, 05:50 PM
Q50 Addict

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Q50Aggie is a splendid one to behold Q50Aggie is a splendid one to behold Q50Aggie is a splendid one to behold Q50Aggie is a splendid one to behold Q50Aggie is a splendid one to behold Q50Aggie is a splendid one to behold Q50Aggie is a splendid one to behold Q50Aggie is a splendid one to behold

Let's hope not.
Infiniti Chick likes this.

The Black Stallion
2014 Q50S RWD
Black Obsidian / Graphite Interior
Navigation / Deluxe Technology
#3 (permalink) Old 07-24-2013, 06:08 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
klimchuk is on a distinguished road

It sounds too complicated to visit EVERY dealership and check EVERY car.
Unless it's only for British Columbia
#4 (permalink) Old 07-24-2013, 06:13 PM
Q50 Addict

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
maddsiick is on a distinguished road

Yeah that sounds like it could delay alot of us from getting our cars then if that is case
Infiniti Chick likes this.

2014 Infiniti Q50S AWD
Graphite Shadow | Graphite
Nav | Deluxe Touring | Spare Tire | Technology
Welcome Lighting | Rear Spoiler | Rear Splash Guards | Interior Ambient Lighting | STILLEN Roof Spoiler
#5 (permalink) Old 07-24-2013, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by klimchuk View Post
It sounds too complicated to visit EVERY dealership and check EVERY car.
Unless it's only for British Columbia
I agree. However, someone from Infinti is definitely scheduled to "audit" my car on August 12th, and until that someone signs off on the audit, the sale cannot be completed.
#6 (permalink) Old 07-24-2013, 06:19 PM
Q50 Addict

Gandhi is on a distinguished road

The personal visit and audit has got to be the dumbest think I have ever heard. Not that I am saying the OP is wrong. With the car capable of phoning home using Infiniti Connection, how hard would it be for them to check on the firmware int he car by simply having the car connect and upload the info.
afrosheen likes this.
#7 (permalink) Old 07-24-2013, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandhi View Post
The personal visit and audit has got to be the dumbest think I have ever heard. Not that I am saying the OP is wrong. With the car capable of phoning home using Infiniti Connection, how hard would it be for them to check on the firmware int he car by simply having the car connect and upload the info.
When he mentioned the audit, the first thought that jumped into my mind was that Infiniti would do it remotely via the Q50's telematics. I was surprised to learn that it would be done by a human coming onsite and touching the car.

Perhaps Infiniti has no way of verifying remotely.
#8 (permalink) Old 07-24-2013, 06:28 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 99 Post(s)
SimpsonTide985 has a reputation beyond repute SimpsonTide985 has a reputation beyond repute SimpsonTide985 has a reputation beyond repute SimpsonTide985 has a reputation beyond repute SimpsonTide985 has a reputation beyond repute SimpsonTide985 has a reputation beyond repute SimpsonTide985 has a reputation beyond repute SimpsonTide985 has a reputation beyond repute SimpsonTide985 has a reputation beyond repute SimpsonTide985 has a reputation beyond repute SimpsonTide985 has a reputation beyond repute

I would not be surprised a single bit if this turned out to be true...

2014 Infiniti Q50S Venetian Ruby
RWD / Graphite Interior
Navigation / Deluxe Touring

Appearance Package, Splash Guards, Welcome Lighting, Ambient Lighting, Cargo & Spare Tire, Illuminated Kick Plates
Photo Gallery
#9 (permalink) Old 07-24-2013, 06:37 PM
Q50 Addict

Gandhi is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infiniti Man View Post
When he mentioned the audit, the first thought that jumped into my mind was that Infiniti would do it remotely via the Q50's telematics. I was surprised to learn that it would be done by a human coming onsite and touching the car.

Perhaps Infiniti has no way of verifying remotely.
Okay, then use smartphones and Skype/Facetime and literally watch them implement the firmware update.

Unless they are employing an army of 500 auditors, this in-person verification is too cumbersome and would take way too long.

It would have made sense if they had held all the cars at the L.A. port and did in person audits on all of them in one spot - would have taken couple of days. But instead they shipped them out to dealerships across North America and now want to do in-person audits? Totally a$$-backwards.
#10 (permalink) Old 07-24-2013, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandhi View Post
Okay, then use smartphones and Skype/Facetime and literally watch them implement the firmware update.

Unless they are employing an army of 500 auditors, this in-person verification is too cumbersome and would take way too long.

It would have made sense if they had held all the cars at the L.A. port and did in person audits on all of them in one spot - would have taken couple of days. But instead they shipped them out to dealerships across North America and now want to do in-person audits? Totally a$$-backwards.
Back in June when I ordered the car, I was told it would arrive around the second week of August.

When it showed up a month early, I was told that Nissan had run out of room at the port in Japan and had no choice but to send out a ship load.

I assume that the port in Vancouver had no room to store the cars (or refused to do so), and that's why the cars arrived at the dealer.

I'm also assuming that if my car had been kept at the port in Vancouver, the SW update would be done at the port, on, or close to, August 5th, and then shipped to the dealer.

My guess is that because the install can't be done at the port by Infinti, someone has to go around to all the dealers to verify the update has been performed before Infiniti will allow sale completions.

As mentioned in my original post, I am getting the info about the required audit from a close friend who's been a Nissan and Infiniti dealer for many years. As such, he communicates with Nissan and Infiniti directly, and I trust that what's he's telling me is accurate and correct.

I'm hoping he's wrong, but I don't think I'm going to get that lucky.

When we get closer to the update install date, I will ask my friend if I can stop by and watch the update get installed on my car. If I can, I will record a video of the process and post it.

Last edited by Infiniti Man; 07-24-2013 at 07:11 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2014 Infiniti Q50 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.