193Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #11 of 383 (permalink) Old 12-12-2014, 12:51 PM Thread Starter
Über Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 184 Post(s)
NissLover is on a distinguished road

Not saying they can't deliver that, but don't get your hopes up THAT high. You're only going to set yourself up for disappointment. They are aware of what they need to deliver and how pivotal this car is. I believe they'll deliver but I'm not expecting a perfect car either. Besides it's Infiniti, the press most likely won't give them the credit they will be due because that just seems to be the trend lately.
Ts350z likes this.
post #12 of 383 (permalink) Old 12-12-2014, 01:01 PM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Bonbon is on a distinguished road
Garage

I can already see the media fest about "omg they ripped off lexus RC" given this side profile and the likelihood it has a similar grille design to the Q50. Should be entertaining.

Can't wait for the reveal. Wish I could justify a coupe, I would have waited for this... Maybe in a few years I'll be in the market for the weekend warrior car.
Q602B likes this.
post #13 of 383 (permalink) Old 12-12-2014, 01:03 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Mr. PLP is on a distinguished road

The Dark Knight
2014 Q50S RWD
Obsidian Black / Graphite
Navigation Package / Deluxe Package

post #14 of 383 (permalink) Old 12-12-2014, 01:03 PM Thread Starter
Über Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 184 Post(s)
NissLover is on a distinguished road

^Exactly. They insist that Infiniti ripped the grille from Lexus.
post #15 of 383 (permalink) Old 12-12-2014, 01:10 PM
Q50 Addict

Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Quoted: 1305 Post(s)
hunter81 is on a distinguished road
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilibowl View Post
I have a strong feeling this car will be absolutely exceptional!
I agree. I can say with no amount of doubt that the car will be the best looking in the class. Germans make great cars, but they are conservatively styled and the ATS coupe is just an ATS sedan less two doors. Infiniti has shown before they know how to make great looking coupes and they know how to differentiate them from their sedan counterparts. I fully expect this car to have some incredible headlights and lines.

The 4 series to me is just what the 3 series should have looked like from the get go. The 4 series headlights reached acceptable to me while the 3's were not. The Q60, looks-wise, is just going to be in a whole different league.

This is something coming from someone who would truly be in a 335i if a 335i didn't look like a 335i (and be down a bit on power).

Graphite Shadow/Graphite Q50S Hybrid, 2WD. Nav/Deluxe Tech/Welcome Lighting/Ambient Lighting/Illuminated Kick Plates
post #16 of 383 (permalink) Old 12-12-2014, 01:31 PM
Q50 Addict

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonbon View Post
I can already see the media fest about "omg they ripped off lexus RC" given this side profile and the likelihood it has a similar grille design to the Q50. Should be entertaining.

Can't wait for the reveal. Wish I could justify a coupe, I would have waited for this... Maybe in a few years I'll be in the market for the weekend warrior car.
I get so annoyed when I see reviews saying Infiniti copied the Lexus grill. Infiniti had it first with the Essence in 2009. The Lexus spindle grill didn't show up in its elaborate form until the LF-LC concept in 2012. Blows me away that people are worse at something that is a job to them than I am at something that is a hobby to me.

Graphite Shadow/Graphite Q50S Hybrid, 2WD. Nav/Deluxe Tech/Welcome Lighting/Ambient Lighting/Illuminated Kick Plates
post #17 of 383 (permalink) Old 12-12-2014, 01:33 PM
Q50 Addict

Garage

The only thing I am not sure of, but hopeful for is that this car comes with the rumored 400 hp 3.0t. Looks, they're going to nail that. It's not hard to make something better looking than a German car.

post #18 of 383 (permalink) Old 12-12-2014, 01:43 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 126 Post(s)
BigSky is on a distinguished road

^^^ I pray that's an option...otherwise I will be forced to go an alternative route at the end of my lease.
post #19 of 383 (permalink) Old 12-12-2014, 01:49 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 494 Post(s)
Sinecure is on a distinguished road

They've certainly had long enough to do it right. Between this, the Q30, QX50, presumably revised QX50 and QX70, we should have some fun new things to talk about in the coming two years.

I'm a salesperson at an Infiniti Dealer in the Bay Area. Since many interweb jockeys think all salesmen are untruthful scum, certain users here suggested I put in a signature so you can completely disregard everything I say. YMMV. Click Here to see what customers think of me.

You can PM or Email Me if you are around Northern California and want help with your Infiniti purchase decision.

Garage: 2016 Q50 AWD Red Sport Iridium Blue; 1960 Austin Healey Sprite
post #20 of 383 (permalink) Old 12-12-2014, 01:49 PM
Über Member

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 284 Post(s)
Q602B is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter81 View Post
The only thing I am not sure of, but hopeful for is that this car comes with the rumored 400 hp 3.0t. Looks, they're going to nail that. It's not hard to make something better looking than a German car.
I went for another Q50 test drive last month and the sales rep (who seemed more informed than any other Infiniti sales rep I've encountered) was emphatic that the Q60 would come with 3.0l twin-turbocharged engine producing 400hp. I debated with him, but he didn't budge. However, it makes sense; Mr. Albaisa (sp) stated that the Q60 will have the same engine as the Q80 Inspiration - that thing produces 442hp alone. So it's quite possible...at least I hope.

The new B58 engine for the upcoming BMW 340i/440i (replacement for 335i/435i) is rumored to have close to 370hp (which I imagine will be underrated). Infiniti can't come to this gunfight half-cocked; need to kick in the door guns-a-blazing...400hp will definitely accomplish that.

2016 Volvo XC90 T6 R-Design| Passion Red | B&W PSS| Climate Pkg| Convenience Pkg| Vision Pkg| 4-Corner AS| 22" Diamond Cut Wheels| Integrated Booster Seat - Wife's Car
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Infiniti Q50 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.