Über Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 184 Post(s)
NissLover is on a distinguished road
Default Infiniti Q60 concept revealed

UPDATE:

Infiniti Q60 Concept: The power of exhilaration

Hong Kong – Infiniti today gives an intriguing first look at the premium sports coupe concept to be displayed at the 2015 North American International Auto Show (NAIAS) in Detroit.

Muscular lines are revealed in the silhouette of the Q60 Concept: pure, well-defined contours, making the concept's intentions easy to understand at first glance.

Overall proportions and full-sized wheels placed out at the corners of Q60 Concept make an unmistakable design statement and add to the exhilaration of the performance coupe. This latest concept builds upon the design language seen on recent Infiniti concept cars, foreshadowing the strong visual consistency to be a key ingredient of products in the future Infiniti lineup.

http://infinitinews.com/en-US/infini...f-exhilaration
post #2 of 383 (permalink) Old 12-12-2014, 07:16 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
wvulkn is on a distinguished road
post #3 of 383 (permalink) Old 12-12-2014, 09:02 AM
Über Member

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 284 Post(s)
Q602B is on a distinguished road

For my (board) name stake...I will be taking all donations to fund my next purchase.

Any amount will help...thanks!

Signed
Q602B
hunter81 likes this.

2016 Volvo XC90 T6 R-Design| Passion Red | B&W PSS| Climate Pkg| Convenience Pkg| Vision Pkg| 4-Corner AS| 22" Diamond Cut Wheels| Integrated Booster Seat - Wife's Car

post #4 of 383 (permalink) Old 12-12-2014, 09:21 AM
Q50 Addict

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Quoted: 555 Post(s)
chilibowl is an unknown quantity at this point

I have a strong feeling this car will be absolutely exceptional!
Q602B and hunter81 like this.
post #5 of 383 (permalink) Old 12-12-2014, 10:02 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 126 Post(s)
BigSky is on a distinguished road

A lot is riding on this car... it needs to be a BIG MIDDLE FINGER TO DEUTSCHLAND'S 3!!!!

The Q60 NEEDS to be an exceptional "take no prisoners" vehicle; between the 335i and M3 performance level, BUT at the base 335i price!

If Infiniti goofs this up, there's no way they will be able to recover!
Q602B likes this.

Last edited by BigSky; 12-12-2014 at 10:05 AM.
post #6 of 383 (permalink) Old 12-12-2014, 10:31 AM
Über Member

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 284 Post(s)
Q602B is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSky View Post
A lot is riding on this car... it needs to be a BIG MIDDLE FINGER TO DEUTSCHLAND'S 3!!!!
And a "not so subtle" F U 2 aimed towards Lexus and Caddy while they are at it

2016 Volvo XC90 T6 R-Design| Passion Red | B&W PSS| Climate Pkg| Convenience Pkg| Vision Pkg| 4-Corner AS| 22" Diamond Cut Wheels| Integrated Booster Seat - Wife's Car
post #7 of 383 (permalink) Old 12-12-2014, 11:39 AM
Super Moderator

Quoted: 792 Post(s)
SimpsonTide985 has a reputation beyond repute SimpsonTide985 has a reputation beyond repute SimpsonTide985 has a reputation beyond repute SimpsonTide985 has a reputation beyond repute SimpsonTide985 has a reputation beyond repute SimpsonTide985 has a reputation beyond repute SimpsonTide985 has a reputation beyond repute SimpsonTide985 has a reputation beyond repute SimpsonTide985 has a reputation beyond repute SimpsonTide985 has a reputation beyond repute SimpsonTide985 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSky View Post

The Q60 NEEDS to be an exceptional "take no prisoners" vehicle; between the 335i and M3 performance level, BUT at the base 335i price!

If Infiniti goofs this up, there's no way they will be able to recover!
Umm, ok, I wouldn't go that far with it but I do agree that this car will have to bring something special to the table. I think Infiniti still has plenty of tricks up their sleeve if it doesn't all work out perfectly and even if this car is the greatest thing Infiniti has ever put out, it'll still take more than just this one big win for them to truly shake things up in a major way within the luxury competitors.

What they'll really need is consistency among a variety of new vehicles in order to get noticed, like Cadillac, Lexus, and even Buick to some extent.
maddsiick likes this.

Last edited by SimpsonTide985; 12-12-2014 at 11:45 AM.
post #8 of 383 (permalink) Old 12-12-2014, 11:53 AM Thread Starter
Über Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 184 Post(s)
NissLover is on a distinguished road

I agree, they'll need a string of great products to rock the industry overall just like they did with the G, G coupe, FX and M back in the early 2000's. I believe that's what they have loaded up in the arsenal.

BUT the new Q60 is very pivotal and will serve as the halo car of Infiniti until more of the flagship models debut. It will definitely get a LOT of traffic into dealers and make a lot of noise in the media. But we'll see how they receive it. Infiniti always has an uphill battle there.

From the looks of it its going to be a looker and it looks like it has captured that low sleek look of the first G Coupe that was kind of lost in the G37. Hopefully they release something a little more revealing in a week or two.
post #9 of 383 (permalink) Old 12-12-2014, 12:29 PM
Q50 Addict

Quoted: 555 Post(s)
chilibowl is an unknown quantity at this point

For Infiniti, this new coupe has to be a car that bests the competition in absolutely every department. It has to be more powerful, sexier, more luxurious, and the handling has to be incredible. The efficiency of the new engine also is of the most absolute importance.

This has to be a car that will make every shopper say "Why would you even buy any other coupe?"

We need a home run or nothing.
post #10 of 383 (permalink) Old 12-12-2014, 12:47 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 126 Post(s)
BigSky is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilibowl View Post
For Infiniti, this new coupe has to be a car that bests the competition in absolutely every department. It has to be more powerful, sexier, more luxurious, and the handling has to be incredible. The efficiency of the new engine also is of the most absolute importance.

This has to be a car that will make every shopper say "Why would you even buy any other coupe?"

We need a home run or nothing.
+1... Once they have that magic sauce for a foundation, the consistency should follow.. I highly doubt they will get a do-over should the Q60 fail to best the competition out of the gates...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Infiniti Q50 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.