LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
#11 (permalink) Old 08-12-2013, 03:03 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
djohnson is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infiniti Chick View Post
To my knowledge there are currently two apps for us: Infiniti Personal Assistant and Infiniti Connection. I believe we will also get a third app once the App Garage is in full swing and we are able to actually utilize the apps (iHeartRadio, Facebook, etc...). I'm not certain about the third but I've heard others speak of it.
That is what it seems like.
I have both Infiniti Personal Assistant and Infiniti Connection on my Samsung 4S now. Unfortunately, the Infiniti Connection app will not validate my VIN no matter how many ways and times I have tried (upper case, lower case, etc.). So it would seem like there is a bug in the app.

I remember reading some where that there is or would be an app that allows us to unlock our Q50s doors and roll down the windows remotely and do other sorts of things. I am just guessing but this sounds like it is part of the missing apps that are due in the fall. Do I have that right?

Intelligent people make intelligent choices when they have good intelligence.
2014 Infiniti Q50 - Build Date: 05/30/2013 | Graphite Shadow/Stone | Nav | Dlx Touring | Tech | Leather | 19" Wheels
#12 (permalink) Old 08-12-2013, 03:05 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
klimchuk is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by djohnson View Post
I have both Infiniti Personal Assistant and Infiniti Connection on my Samsung 4S now. Unfortunately, the Infiniti Connection app will not validate my VIN no matter how many ways and times I have tried (upper case, lower case, etc.). So it would seem like there is a bug in the app.

I remember reading some where that there is or would be an app that allows us to unlock our Q50s doors and roll down the windows remotely and do other sorts of things. I am just guessing but this sounds like it is part of the missing apps that are due in the fall. Do I have that right?
No, when you buy car your dealer is adding your VIN to Infiniti Connection.

It's independent from Infiniti App Garage
#13 (permalink) Old 08-12-2013, 03:08 PM

OK - Figured out a little more.

https://owners.infinitiusa.com is the online portal for the Infiniti Connection (not the cellphone app). This is where the email address and password I assigned at the dealership is used.

But I guess you guys already knew that.

ADDED. Ahhhh. The Infiniti Connection is where I can lock or unlock car doors. And to do this, you need to have the PIN number that you assigned at the dealership.

2014 Infiniti Q50 - Build Date: 05/30/2013 | Graphite Shadow/Stone | Nav | Dlx Touring | Tech | Leather | 19" Wheels

Last edited by djohnson; 08-12-2013 at 03:12 PM.
#14 (permalink) Old 08-12-2013, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by klimchuk View Post
No, when you buy car your dealer is adding your VIN to Infiniti Connection.
Yep, the dealer did.

I was talking about the roadside assistance phone app. I can see my VIN when I log into Infiniti Connection with my PC. But the Roadside Assistance App also has a registration page where you enter info. It is on this phone app that I was unable to verify my VIN. Perhaps I can't because it is already part of my Infiniti Connection information.

#15 (permalink) Old 08-12-2013, 03:27 PM
Q50 Addict

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Infiniti Chick is a splendid one to behold Infiniti Chick is a splendid one to behold Infiniti Chick is a splendid one to behold Infiniti Chick is a splendid one to behold Infiniti Chick is a splendid one to behold Infiniti Chick is a splendid one to behold Infiniti Chick is a splendid one to behold Infiniti Chick is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

Infiniti Connection is also where you can connect with the Personal Assistant VIA InTouch, not just your phone, email or text. But it seems that you are experiencing the same difficulty that I did with Infiniti Connection. I had to call the help desk because my rep did not setup my VIN number so I had to send a picture of my paperwork showing my name and VIN number on the same paperwork and they fixed it for me. THEN you go to the website and set it all up, then the app will work as well and you can use the Infiniti Connection app on InTouch.

It's all a bit confusing.

In my garage: Moonlight White Premium RWD Graphite and Maple Trim with Nav, Deluxe Touring and Technology packages.
#16 (permalink) Old 08-12-2013, 04:06 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
greenhut is on a distinguished road

Quote:
ADDED. Ahhhh. The Infiniti Connection is where I can lock or unlock car doors. And to do this, you need to have the PIN number that you assigned at the dealership.
Cool - does it work well?

Here's a crazy thought for remote start - If the car unlock/lock/unlock/lock (in < 5 seconds), start/stop the engine. Would allow you to use infiniti connection to unlock the car over the internet without fob distance limitation. Bit of a hack..

2014 Q50S Hybrid RWD
Graphite Shadow / Stone Interior
Navigation / Deluxe Technology
#17 (permalink) Old 08-12-2013, 04:32 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
klimchuk is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhut View Post
Cool - does it work well?

Here's a crazy thought for remote start - If the car unlock/lock/unlock/lock (in < 5 seconds), start/stop the engine. Would allow you to use infiniti connection to unlock the car over the internet without fob distance limitation. Bit of a hack..
It works but not instantly. I suspect Infiniti is sending SMS to GSM terminal in Q50 for every command.
#18 (permalink) Old 08-12-2013, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infiniti Chick View Post
... But it seems that you are experiencing the same difficulty that I did with Infiniti Connection....
Well, I called the infiniti connection folks and talked to a nice person that tried to help. She placed me on hold and talked to the techs. I was a bit surprized by her reply.

Apparently the Samsung Galaxy S4 is not on their connectivity list. So Infinity can't guarantee that the phone will work with all parts of their system. The Galaxy S3 is on the list but not the S4.

She said that the S4 is in testing but has not been released. She did not have a time table when it would be.

Although the S4 is the most popular phone in the world (sorry apple users), it is running a newer version of Android. And it may be that this newer version has some incompatibilities with the CURRENT roadside assistance app where by I cannot verify VIN numbers. Guess I will have to wait.

ADDED. Just checked the reviews on the app and there is at least one other with a Nexus phone that has the same issue.

Last edited by djohnson; 08-12-2013 at 05:02 PM.
#19 (permalink) Old 08-12-2013, 05:21 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
greenhut is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Apparently the Samsung Galaxy S4 is not on their connectivity list. So Infinity can't guarantee that the phone will work with all parts of their system. The Galaxy S3 is on the list but not the S4.
Im willing to bet this has absolutely nothing to do with your phone being an S4. I would call back and say you have an S3. Sounds like a provisioning issue.

2014 Q50S Hybrid RWD
Graphite Shadow / Stone Interior
Navigation / Deluxe Technology
#20 (permalink) Old 08-12-2013, 05:29 PM
Über Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
SnowItch is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhut View Post
Sounds like a provisioning issue.
Not arguing, but seeking info. Provisioning of what?

2014 Infiniti Q50S Hybrid
Graphite Shadow
Graphite Leather with Kacchu Aluminum Interior

2010 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ
Mocha Steel Metallic
Brownstone/Jet Black Leather Interior
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2014 Infiniti Q50 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.