Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

BlueTooth audio streaming

32K views 44 replies 26 participants last post by  Sinecure 
#1 ·
I have been reading this forum for awhile but it's my first post.

Quick question that I couldn't really find a clear answer to anywhere - how does integration with Pandora work in Q50? Can you just wirelessly stream Pandora music (or any other music on your phone's playlist) from your phone or do you have to actually connect your phone to some cable? It would be incredibly disappointing if it wasn't wireless...

Thanks in advance to anyone who replies.

#3 ·
Welcome! I have an iPhone 5 and I stream Pandora via Bluetooth (doesn't need to be plugged in for it to stream or get texts). Works perfectly! Even when I left my car and came back, it just started playing Pandora again because I didn't turn it off on my phone when I left my car (while in the grocery store).

Reactions: maddsiick
#8 ·
Once the app is available, Android users will be able to use it wirelessly, Apple users will have to plug in. Anybody can stream via bluetooth wirelessly but then you are using the controls on your phone. The advantage to the App is that you can do the thumbs up thumbs down right on the screen.

#9 ·
For some apps though, BTA lets you control skip and back functions. On spotify streaming over BTA in the car, I can skip and go back to songs on my playlist and the name also displays on the screen with the time and everything. I can also play and pause which is basically all the functionality I could see anyone needed. Rating the song will be a nice feature when the apps come out, and browsing playlists too if thats available.

#10 ·
Depending upon the bluetooth version your phone supports, you can also use the intouch system to browse and select any music you have stored on your phone (stored in phone memory, not streaming). So, with my iPhone 4s I was able to browse the music by album, artist, etc. over bluetooth (no connection) just like I would be able to if I were plugged in by USB! So cool!

Are any of you lucky Q50 owners using this feature...I'd use it all the time...if I could afford the Q50 :p

#12 ·
Has anyone tried connecting other audio apps on an iPhone over Bluetooth? I listen to Audible books on my commute but since my '09 G37 can't stream Audible, I have to listen using the iPhone speaker, which is awkward.

#14 ·
Spotify App for InTouch

I realize there's a few other priorities to get working first, but I'd really like to see a Spotify app built into the car and haven't seen it mentioned yet (just pandora and iheartradio). They recently announced similar partnerships with Ford and Volvo already...

Spotify teams up with Volvo, launches new voice-controlled in-car app (video)

I'm not sure if this gets done by infiniti developers or spotify, but I made the suggestion on the spotify board to help bring it to their attention as well. Please help get it noticed with a 'thumbs up' kudos over there if you're interested.

Spotify App for Infiniti InTouch - The Spotify Community

#15 ·
I realize there's a few other priorities to get working first, but I'd really like to see a Spotify app built into the car and haven't seen it mentioned yet (just pandora and iheartradio). They recently announced similar partnerships with Ford and Volvo already...

Spotify teams up with Volvo, launches new voice-controlled in-car app (video)

I'm not sure if this gets done by infiniti developers or spotify, but I made the suggestion on the spotify board to help bring it to their attention as well. Please help get it noticed with a 'thumbs up' kudos over there if you're interested.

Spotify App for Infiniti InTouch - The Spotify Community
I just commented on your spotify post. I would love to see this too.

#24 ·
I have on Android devices - nothing different than I get on any Bluetooth device. IMHO, there are too many electronic signals that can interfere with the signal to totally eradicate the "skips"

#26 ·
Yeah I've experience the same thing too when the phone is still in my pocket. I usually take it out of my pocket and put it in the cupholder out of habbit.

#31 · (Edited)
Jeez.

After 2 and a half years of having my G37, yesterday was the first time I ever used my bluetooth audio streaming. I'd been so completely used to my iPod or my USB drives for my music for the longest time. I recently just changed phones and now that I know how to stream internet podcasts and radio directly through the car, my whole world has changed.. :eek: :eek:

#32 ·
I have yet to plug my iPhone into my car for music and since I have a Mophie for it, I rarely plug it in the car to charge. Love BTA!

#33 ·
Has anyone been able to plug an Android device into the USB port and have the music play? I have BTA working just fine but I'd like to hear the quality difference with USB streaming. When I plug mine in nothing is found.

Bought my Q50S Hybrid yesterday. I have a Nexus 5 running KitKat (4.4).

#34 ·
Has anyone been able to plug an Android device into the USB port and have the music play? I have BTA working just fine but I'd like to hear the quality difference with USB streaming. When I plug mine in nothing is found.

Bought my Q50S Hybrid yesterday. I have a Nexus 5 running KitKat (4.4).
I have an HTC one (AT&T). Tried doing what you stated and have not found a way to force play it through the USB port. I've tried turning off just the bluetooth media and can't get anything to play

#35 ·
For some reason all the car manufacturers along with everyone else cater to the iPhone experience even-though almost 75% of the phones out in the public are Android phones. ... Makes no sense...

Maybe infiniti will get around to making it work by plugging in, "maybe".

#40 ·
BTA is standard. Works okay but not that great. If you are streaming from a app (spotify, soundcloud, pandora) and turn off the car, when you turn the car back on it will play music thats saved off of your phone instead of whatever was playing last. not sure if its a android issue or a issue with the infiniti bt setup. works perfectly fine on my moms 2013 lexus es350.

#43 ·
Dayus,

I'd guess the sales guy just didn't know - not that he lied on purpose. I have to think about it each time a customer asks (only 2 have asked in the months since release). On the G37, streaming BT only came with Navi. Also true on other Infinitis. Plus, we sell VERY few strippy cars and almost never play around with the non-Navi ones. And as others have pointed out, in the long run, I suspect you'll be much happier having Navi than if you'd bought the car w/out it (Check out Dstew's post about his clock).

#45 ·
Funny enough, yesterday on my way home from work I pulled up next to a nice black/black sport hybrid at a light. The car still had our dealer plates on it. I didn't sell it so didn't know the owner, but he had a vacant stare and that general mouth-breathing look. After looking at the driver, I noticed the "analog" clock on his upper screen. I didn't recall us ever having a strippy hybrid sport like that. I just tracked down the details. The guy was adamant that he didn't want navi, so we ordered that car special for him. I guess that explains the vacant look at the rim rash on the passenger side.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.