Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

Hello Everyone! Another noob to the forum!

5K views 22 replies 4 participants last post by  gbert15 
#1 ·
Hi All,

My name is Ryan and just wanted to say a quick "Hello" to everyone! Although new to the Q50 I've been a part of the Infiniti scene since 2004 when I purchased my G35 coupe (pics below) as well as being one of the team leaders/founders of Strictly G'z local Houston based enthusiasts team dedicated to the G35/G37's.

I hope to learn more about this new lineup from Infiniti and purchase my own in the near future. Look forward to chatting and exchanging knowledge with you all!

See less See more
#3 ·
Hahaha! You got that right vices! :D

Welcome to the forum man! Hmmmm...SGZ...sounds familiar! Do you have Xin in the team? The DG G35 with Work Gnosis GS5? Btw, i want your center caps!!!! :D

#4 ·
Hahaha...Thanks for the welcome fellas! Gbert i'm suspecting you from G35 driver? LOL

Yup the SGZ posts all over G35driver. Xin (Son) He had the DG coupe with T1S then switched to Lusso Forged wheels. He was a member but he stopped participating in shows due to work and school obligation. However we all see him enough (read all the time) it's like he never left LOL!

The black coupe with the Work Gnosis was Kricci (Kevin) he sold his G35 and has been busy with work but we keep in touch with him often.

You probably know ChiefCrappinSquirrel(Gabe) - He has a black sedan and is another one of the team leaders/founders. Along with Black Betty (Jeremy) who is a moderator over on myG37.com.

LOL on the center cap request. You're the third person asking me for mine...I'm gonna have to keep an eye on them now since they seem to be quite desirable. Hahah :p

#5 ·
Oh yea I forgot he chsnged to Lusso Forged! Yea, I was an avid on G35Driver and hopefully am going to the annual Sedan GTG meet on the 28th!

Dont know much about the others since I mostly frequent G35Driver only and sometimes visit myG37 but not as frequent!

Ya, ever since SSR discontinued them! Its been hard to find and for my last wheels, which is basically the same as your but yours seem like they're matte black while mine was gloss, I had to resort to decals on top of the silver ones which actually worked fine! :D

If ever you do decide to sell the caps, hit me up man! :D

#6 ·
Oh wow...I didn't know they discontinued those caps. Yep, they are matte black...Nice to meet another SP1 owner. I think that style suited the G very well.

I don't frequent 'driver much anymore either...my screen name is the same as here. myG37 i only go to troll Jeremy or look at pics. hahaah

#7 ·
Yea, its been a while! I think it was a few months before I got my set and it was just bad timing for me! But I think the stickers really compensated well! :D

I wanna get it for the Q50 again but not sure if the higher offsets will still make it look nice! I thinknl concave wheels will complement better but not sure what to get! I like the style of the CV7 but I want a forged set! Any recommendations?

#8 ·
Nice! I remember seeing you're car on driver. Very clean!

I think concave wheels look the best on this car. Depends on your budget. IMO i'm not a fan of Vossen wheels as I think they are overpriced for a cast wheel. Again my opinion. If you want concave i would look into AG wheels, ADV.1, Rotiform. I believe DPE makes some now as well.

#9 ·
Nice! Thanks for the advice man! I'll look into those brands!

I hope u pick up a Q50 man! Would definitely want to see what u do with it! :D

#11 ·
Good thing my wife has been rational about it but then again she just curbed my wheel lately so there might be an underlying motive behind that! Hahahaha! :D

#13 ·
Yea man! First scratch on the Q50! And right before the GTG Sedan meet! :(

Well, I guess I can justify it as my car asking for aftermarket wheels already! Hahaha!

Btw, thanks for the suggestions man! Checked them out but so far its just Avant Garde M550 that interests me but thwy are cast! :( Some from Adv.1 interested me but they were 8 spoke! Any other wheels u know thats 7 spoke?

Wanted to pull this look basically:

#14 ·
Haha you can blame her and say see look what you did now I NEED aftermarket wheels...hahah..

hmm...Other companies that make concave wheels are Modulare, Lusso, ISS forged, Strasse.

Regarding the AG wheel that is cast I would probably pay for those rather than Vossen if given the choice.

#17 ·
Ahhh nice! Ill check those! Ya, there's a significant price difference between the 2!

What is wrong with a cast wheel? There are many different cast processes, some better than others.
Hmmmm...maybe weight can be a factor but I guess forged should be more reliable in most cases but cast is still an option for me! In fact, the new SSR GT V, that SSR is gonna launch at SEMA is still something I am considering depending on offsets and colors they will offer!

There is nothing wrong with a cast wheel. My opinion was stated in reference to the cost of vossen wheels versus other brands. I do understand there are different processes and some are better than others. In a nutshell I feel it's over priced and for the same amount you can get a forged wheel.

In addition, if you have instagram you should go to Instagram there are quite a few who have complaints about the wheel brand.

Don't get me wrong i'm not trying to bash or start a pissing contest but I feel everyone be an informed consumer to get the bang for their buck. I hate the saying "gotta pay to play" Yes, spend money to get quality stuff. However, you still need to do research on what you're looking into and make sure it's worth it. Some may agree and some may not and that's perfectly fine with me. As I stated it was just my own opinion.
Yea, it seems like vossen CV3 is priced quite a bit higher than the AV M550! Something I might consider upon purchase but still holding out and maybe still get my fav wheels, SSR SP1! ;)

#16 ·
There is nothing wrong with a cast wheel. My opinion was stated in reference to the cost of vossen wheels versus other brands. I do understand there are different processes and some are better than others. In a nutshell I feel it's over priced and for the same amount you can get a forged wheel.

In addition, if you have instagram you should go to Instagram there are quite a few who have complaints about the wheel brand.

Don't get me wrong i'm not trying to bash or start a pissing contest but I feel everyone be an informed consumer to get the bang for their buck. I hate the saying "gotta pay to play" Yes, spend money to get quality stuff. However, you still need to do research on what you're looking into and make sure it's worth it. Some may agree and some may not and that's perfectly fine with me. As I stated it was just my own opinion.

#18 ·
I hear you on the SP1's I want a new set of wheels for the G but can't seem to part with them and the prospect of getting a 2nd set is great but that's more money out of the other cars fund...LOL...I'll quote my wife in my native language of Tagalog (Filipino) "Ikaw bahala" meaning "It's up to you"

#19 ·
Hahaha! Langhiya! Pilipino ka pala! :p

Reactions: Infinite1
#21 ·
Meron pa man! Vices(still frequents the forum but went with a lexus), glenn_p(but doesnt frequent the forums and wierdly had the same car buying sequence as me from integra, the G but he might have settle for the G37 Sedan and didnt go for the Q50 anymore)! I feel there's more na d ko lng malala!

Reactions: Infinite1
#22 ·
LOL! What is it about Pinoy's and Integras! I had a 1993 which was my baby up till 2001 when I was side swiped and spun off the freeway miraculously making it into a bayou entrance and having my car sink in $hit water...Still miss that car. :(

After that I went to a 2001 Audi S4 and it was a POS! I can't tell you how many times it was in the shop over a holiday weekend or something and I was stuck with a rental. Thankfully my lease ended and I walked away to find my G35 and she's been with me since and I'm not getting rid of her. LOL

#23 ·
Wow! Holy crap! That must be traumatizing man!

Yea, almost bit the bullet on an audi, good thing I didnt!

Nice! I wouldnt have gotten rid of the G35 and hoped to pass it on to someone in the family kaso no one knows stick! My dad used to sa pinas kaso wala na skills nya man! Even with my integra! I remember letting him test it out and he was at 1st gear till he reached the end of the block! Amoy clutch yng car for a while! Hahaha!

In time maghahanap din ako ulit ng stick pag maluwagluwag na budget! Mukang solid yng 2015 Subaru WRX! Looking forward to how the production model looks! I hope nothing gets changed and with sick specs and interior!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.