4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-09-2016, 03:13 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
alimur is on a distinguished road
Default Hello

What's up guys. I just took delivery of Infiniti Q50 Premium last night. Before that I had 2016 Chevy Camaro w/ RS package but returned it due to 1) it being impractical for many reasons and 2) I'm an infiniti fanatic. Before that I had '07 Infiniti G35 that was involved in an accident late September '16, and subsequently declared totaled. You just can't have enough with Infiniti, atleast for me, hence why this purchase was no brainer.

I currently have pictures of my car that was shot at night, no picture when sun is gleaming, but I should have one today hopefully if these pictures does not do justice.

PS: I'm planinng on making few modification on this car, nothing crazy. Tint windows, lights, emblem, exhaust (Looking into Meisterschraft) is what I got so far, but if you have any suggestion, please free feel to share.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	q50.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	81.8 KB
ID:	52273   Click image for larger version

Name:	q50 1.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	65.9 KB
ID:	52281  
kbock1 likes this.
post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-10-2016, 12:58 AM
Über Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 196 Post(s)
Fateswarning is an unknown quantity at this point

Nice. Welcome. 2016 3.0? I can't see the side badge. What options?

Many say that anti-sway bars and strut tower brace are a great lower price mods that really add to the cars performance.

Last edited by Fateswarning; 11-15-2016 at 05:59 PM.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-15-2016, 03:39 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the input, and sorry for the delay, I was traveling for work. It was 2014 3.7 Premium in the picture. I got 2015 3.7 Q50 today, and took 2014 back.

Last edited by alimur; 11-15-2016 at 04:03 AM.
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-15-2016, 05:16 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Gimpy is on a distinguished road

Looks beautiful, congrats. I just picked up a 2015 Premiun about 6 weeks ago. I didn't want an S model but I do like some of the things that come on it. I've had the rear trunk spoiler and the S metal pedals installed and plan for the Paddles to be done right after the Holidays. Seeing your car I definitely want to replace the 17 inch wheels with the 19s like you have. I also had a remote starter and radar system and laser defusers installed. Love the car and am getting addicted to upgrades. Lol. Good Luck with your new purchase and hope you enjoy it as much as I do mine.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-15-2016, 05:31 PM
Über Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
chicagokevo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimpy View Post
Looks beautiful, congrats. I just picked up a 2015 Premiun about 6 weeks ago. I didn't want an S model but I do like some of the things that come on it. I've had the rear trunk spoiler and the S metal pedals installed and plan for the Paddles to be done right after the Holidays. Seeing your car I definitely want to replace the 17 inch wheels with the 19s like you have. I also had a remote starter and radar system and laser defusers installed. Love the car and am getting addicted to upgrades. Lol. Good Luck with your new purchase and hope you enjoy it as much as I do mine.
Wow, you've done a lot of "sport" accessory upgrades. How much did you pay for the aluminum pedals? Genuine or aftermarket?

Current:
2016 Infiniti Q50 Hybrid Premium AWD [Loaded]
Graphite Shadow w/ Graphite
Splash Guards | Illum. Kick Plates | Hideaway Front Plate | BlackVue 2-ch 1080p HD Dash Cam
Tech | NAV | Spare | All-Weather | Cargo | 3M Crystalline Series 20% Tint

Prior:
2014 Infiniti Q50S
Liquid Platinum w/ Graphite
Splash Guards | Illum. Kick Plates | Michelin PS A/S 3 Tires | Hideaway Front Plate | BlackVue 2-ch 1080p HD Dash Cam
Dlx Touring | Tech | NAV | Spare | All-Weather | Cargo
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-15-2016, 06:25 PM
Über Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 196 Post(s)
Fateswarning is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimpy View Post
Great to see new members. Please post Some pics if you get a chance.

I didn't care enough about the S features to justify the added price, not to say that it's not worth it. The thing that botheres me the most is the smiley vs the frowny look of the facia. It's not as noticeable on black as it is with lighter colors. That's only one of the many mods I'd like to do.

I hate my 17" wheels. They look ridiculous on this car. I wouldn't go for 19's because tires can be even more expensive than 20's. I don't like the OEM wheels at all.

Unfortunately, I'll probably not do many mods. In addition to the the S facia upgrade, I'd want 20" wheels. If I got 20's I'd want to beef up the brakes with that much more rotating mass. I couldn't have 20's without lowering. I wouldn't want springs and would go for coilovers. You may or may not neeed a camber kit with those. Sway bars, strut tower, clear the amber headlight corners, it goes on and on.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-15-2016, 06:48 PM Thread Starter

Nice work done there Gimpy. The first thing I did after taking delivery is custom exhaust, blacked out the chrome around the grill, emblem+logo on the back, as well as 3.7 on both sides. I'm going to do good modification to the car once I pay off the car, which should in 6 months time. But realistically, things came up and won't meet the payoff deadline BUT I'm anticipating before Nov '17. As of now, I am satisfied with the current changes made to the vehicle. The new vehicle is pearl white color. Sadly, my 2015 Q50 comes with 17' rather than the 19' in the picture.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-15-2016, 06:49 PM Thread Starter

I'll get a picture/voice of the vehicle as well as the sound.

Last edited by alimur; 11-15-2016 at 07:40 PM.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-15-2016, 07:46 PM Thread Starter

Sorry for the vertical recording, no one likes that, for sure.

The video does not do justice. Louder but not as loud in person.

Little to no drone while driving.

Enjoy.

chicagokevo and kbock1 like this.

Last edited by alimur; 11-15-2016 at 07:49 PM.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-16-2016, 08:45 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Gimpy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagokevo View Post
Wow, you've done a lot of "sport" accessory upgrades. How much did you pay for the aluminum pedals? Genuine or aftermarket?
The pedals are OEM and were pricy. I don't remember exactly but with installation I'm thinking about 350 to 400. I know it's a rediculous price but I like them and don't mind spending the money, after all I'm in the car all the time and have to live with the surroundings so it's worth it to me. Buy the way, I forgot to mention I had the Stillen rear sway bar installed also. Worth the money for sure. It's hard to find used OEM wheels for sale especially the ones off AWD cars.
chicagokevo likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Infiniti Q50 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.