Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

My Introduction

900 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  BelleGT 
#1 ·
This is my first post here and figured I would use it to introduce myself, post my mild build plans, and give a little background. This might be a little long, so bare with me. My name is Stephen and I hail from Long Beach, Ca. I purchased a new to me a white 2014 Q50S (RWD) on Feb 20, 2017 with just under 33,500 miles on the clock. It has the DAS, 360 camera, Bose system, memory seats that move when you start the car and shut it off (I disabled that because I found it pointless)

Obviously, at this moment, the car is stock but it won't be for long. Ok, I lied a little. The first mod was the toddler mod. I have a soon to be 3 year old and with that, a car seat is a must lol. Below is a list of mods I plan on doing:

Tint - Currently the windows are bare and it really detracts from the look of the car. Since I am in California, I am limited on the darkness of the tint. With that said, the plan is to go with the 35% rear doors and back window and do 50% on the front doors. In my previous vehicle, I had that set up and it was perfect for me.

LED lighting - I have no clue why Infinity would skimp on this as most exterior lighting is LED and the map lights are LED as well. But anywho, it just gives me something to do lol. So, all interior incandescent bulbs will be swapped over to white LED's, the trunk light and license plate lights as well. I haven't decided if i want to do the Diode Dynamics upgrade for the rear turn signal or just swap in V3 Tritons from VLEDs.

Powertrain - At this moment, I think it's going to stay stock with the exception of drop in filters and maybe cat back exhaust. But the bug does like to bite, so we shall see.....

Exterior - I am thinking on a black wrap on the roof while keeping the shark fin white. I don't know why but I think it might just give it a little pop of....different lol. I might do a trunk lid spoiler but have no clue which one I will go with but I am thinking going the black route there as well. I think I may also remove the 3.7 from the fenders or get them in black along with the rear logos. I am undecided as to if I want a diffuser or not. Might black out the front grill and surround... heck, might just black out all the chrome.

Wheels/Tires - As of this point, I have no plans to change them out as the tires that came on it seem to be new. But I kinda like the Rays that Infiniti offers and think they would look great on my car, especially if I black out the chrome.

Suspension - No plans as of yet as I think it handles just fine for my needs but if I do, it would be along the lines of strut tower bracing. Nothing crazy.

Audio - So far, I am liking the Bose setup, although I wish there was more equalizer adjustment. I have had stereo systems in all my previous vehicles but I guess that as i have grown older, I am getting over the super loud stuff and am fine just keeping the music to myself. I saw a post around here about someone adding one of those little Alpine amps to boost the factory speakers a little bit, so, it's possible that I could add that in the future.

Well that about covers it for the build plans. If anyone has any suggestions or input, please feel free to drop a line.

As for my previous vehicle. I came from a 2008 Silverado Extended Cab Z71. It was leveled and had 33" tires on 18" rims. Had my stereo in it, which was really basic, just an Alpine head unit that I purchased way back when iPods were in their prime. Had it running the factory door speakers and A pillar tweeters. Ran RCA's to a 1000w Alpine mono amp that powered a 12" Alpine subwoofer. This setup was also in my previous vehicle (2002 Explorer) but was powering 2 12's. The truck had full LED bulb swap, including switchback front signals. It had a factory bedliner and I installed a BakFlip G2 TriFold cover. It had a K&N CAI and some shortie headers for the powertrain mods.

I am currently employed with the federal government in an underpaying job (well, out here in the LA area its low paying compared to the cost of living). I have a girlfriend and a toddler. None of my friends out here seem to be into the car scene. So I am hoping that maybe I can find some meet ups and meet new people.

Well, that's all I got for now. I would add pics but we all know what white Q Sports look like, so I will save the pics for when I start modding. I hope to gain some valuable information and learn what makes these cars tick. I have been browsing this forum for what to expect (other than DAS, because that seems to be the auto journalists low hanging fruit on these cars). So far, I have learned a few things to watch out for and also have learned how to shut off Audiopilot because it was annoying when I would be driving and crank up the volume to jam out, only to slow down and the auto volume ruins the fun. If anyone would like to give me some tips and tricks and BOLO's on these cars, feel free to drop a line.

I look forward to learning about these cars and chatting it up and maybe I will even meet some of you along the journey!

See less See more
#2 ·
Hello,

I'm new to Infinity as well. Purchased a 2017 Q50 a couple of weeks ago. Graphite Shadow exterior, black interior, 3.0t Premium, AWD, navigation, cold weather package, remote start, ambient lighting in front and rear foot wells and cup holders. I just discovered this feature. The on/off/dimming switch is located inside the center console storage compartment. Nice surprise!

I'm loving the car so far. I'm not real big into costly mods but I did just purchase the two items below from Amazon yesterday. The logo door projector looks like its worth the money as well as the after market painted deck lid spoiler.

Wind & Fire-TE006-i -Infiniti Forever Lens Door Projector - Never Fade - Changeable Leaser etched glass lens - 2pc set (Infiniti)
Sold by: Marsons Electronics

$39.99
Condition: New

Accent Spoilers-Infiniti Q50 Factory Style Spoiler-Gun Metallic Paint code: KAD
by Accent Spoilers
4.0 out of 5 stars
2 customer reviews

Price:
$129.00 & FREE Shipping

Cheers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.