3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-29-2013, 12:11 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
CGiam is on a distinguished road
Default ABS, Chassis Control and AWD errors

I am new to this forum. My Q50 has generated ABS, Chassis Control System and AWD system errors on 3 different days, each time well after start up and while driving on the highway. The first time, the warnings went away with no action. The second time I took it to the dealer. The dealer said a bad connector was at fault and replaced it. When it happened a third time, I took it back to the dealer. On the way, the engine surged and I looked down to see the speedometer jump from 70 down to 40 and back up. I was told the car needs a new sensor so I left it there overnight. They called me back the next afternoon to tell me the part is on back order until Jan 14th and to come get the car. I am concerned about safety, since the owners manual says not to drive it with that condition. So, after getting the husband involved, I am now driving a loaner while my brand new, beautiful, pricey car sits in the dealers parking lot. At this point, I couldn't be more frustrated with the car and the dealership.
post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-29-2013, 05:11 PM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
kkthind is on a distinguished road
Garage

Did you get an Awd high temp please stop vehicle warning?

he who shall be last will be sideways and smiling
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-29-2013, 05:29 PM Thread Starter

No high temp message. It said AWD Error- See Owners Manual. The Chassis Control Error was on at the same time, along with the ABS error light.

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-30-2013, 06:47 PM Thread Starter

Update: my husband spoke with the GM of the dealership. He said ALL the cars in his inventory have a bad sensor which needs replacement. I won't be able to drive the car until 1/16 at the earliest. I can't believe I'm the only person with this issue.

Is this car safe to drive or not?
Do I have any recourse?
At this point, I don't want the f'ing thing. Ugh.
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-17-2014, 11:45 AM

kam928 is on a distinguished road
Default I have been without my car for past 4-5 weeks

I received the same slew of errors. I took it to the dealer and they gave me a loaner. I have been told the sensors are on back-order, and have yet to hear when my car is going to be ready. I was told its a national back-order and the part is going to be coming direct. The issues have been escalated and engineers are now involved due to all the technology issues which have effect on mechanical parts.

Its frustrating to not be driving my car, but I am not interested in driving a potential faulty car. Nor am I interested in picking up the car until it is ready to be driven. In the meantime I am driving the dealer's car through the snow and cold weather which isn't terrible. I am also on a lease and its nice that the mileage isn't going against it.

I was told there have been multiple problems that have come about with the extreme cold weather. I think its a little scary that they didn't put a disclaimer to only buy the car in warm climates.

Keep in mind Japan usually shuts down for a full 2-weeks around the end of the year which is causing the delay as well.
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-17-2014, 11:59 AM

frankd is on a distinguished road

Wow - I thought it was bad enough with my steering issue, now I see the issues others are having as well. I don't understand why the dealers are in a hurry to put us back into our potentially hazardous cars. I'm in a mini-battle with mine currently who is trying to force me to take it back even though corporate has advised me not to drive the car until they complete their investigation. Since these dealers are agents for Infiniti it would be nice to see corporate start putting them in line and make them realize that putting us back in unsafe cars is not an option. Although the service manager flipflopped on me yesterday, going from "your car is safe" to "I can see why you don't feel safe driving it - I wouldn't either" in two separate phone calls... :-/
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-18-2014, 04:07 PM Thread Starter

Left the car in the dealers lot on 12/26 and got it back with the new sensor yesterday 1/17. I had been driving their loaner all this time. The car had 30 miles more on the odometer than when I dropped it off. That seems excessive for a test drive. I'll be discussing that with the customer service rep. The service manager said he had 3 cars with the same issue. Hopefully, I'm over the hump now but if it goes back in for service I'll be looking to rid myself of this hassle for good.
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-20-2014, 11:51 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
at1183 is on a distinguished road

^ you are practically at lemon law in NY.... 30 days in the shop in the first 12 months/12,000 miles... you gets a new car!

2014 Q50S Deluxe Touring Graphite Shadow/Graphite
2012 Audi A6 3.0T Prestige Past
2010 Acura TL 3.7L SH Past
2009 Acura TL 3.7L SH Past
2008 Acura TL 3.5L Type S Past
2006 Acura TL 3.2L Past
2003 Acura CL 3.2L Type S Wife's
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-29-2014, 03:59 PM

kam928 is on a distinguished road

I finally am going to be picking up my car today. It has been at the dealer since December 21st. Hopefully the issues are fixed. It definitely took a lot longer than I ever would have thought to get the new replacement sensor.
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-29-2014, 05:54 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
kosh2248 is on a distinguished road
Default Flipin' and Floppin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankd View Post
Wow - I thought it was bad enough with my steering issue, now I see the issues others are having as well. I don't understand why the dealers are in a hurry to put us back into our potentially hazardous cars. I'm in a mini-battle with mine currently who is trying to force me to take it back even though corporate has advised me not to drive the car until they complete their investigation. Since these dealers are agents for Infiniti it would be nice to see corporate start putting them in line and make them realize that putting us back in unsafe cars is not an option. Although the service manager flipflopped on me yesterday, going from "your car is safe" to "I can see why you don't feel safe driving it - I wouldn't either" in two separate phone calls... :-/

The first call was BEFORE Infiniti consumer affairs talked to him. The second call was AFTER. I suspect someone from Infiniti spoke with him and explained that putting a customer back into a vehicle that was misbehaving isn't in anyone's best interests.

With all the complaints filed at NHTSA about the steering issue Infiniti is not likely to dodge the investigation bullet. They're probably not going to want to get any more customers aggravated enough to file complaints about other areas of the vehicle with NHTSA. That will just cause and even deeper investigation.

Last edited by kosh2248; 01-29-2014 at 06:01 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Infiniti Q50 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.