Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

ITB14-026 for 2014 Q50 HYBRID; BRAKES

10K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  cvipgo 
#1 ·
ITB14-026 for 2014 Q50 HYBRID; BRAKES INTERMITTENTLY GRAB ON INITIAL APPLICATION AT AMBIENT TEMPERATURES BELOW 40°F
APPLIED VEHICLE: APPLIED VINS AND DATES: 2014 Q50 Hybrid (V37) Built before: 2WD JN1AV7AP(*)EM 692166 / Apr 16, 2014 AWD JN1AV7AR(*)EM 703481 / Apr 16, 2014
IF YOU CONFIRM
When initially applying the brakes:

The brakes are too sensitive and may unexpectedly grab with a lower than normal pedal pressure.
AND

Only occurs at ambient temperatures below 40°F (4°C).
NOTE: This Service Procedure will not change or affect any braking sensitivity above 40°F (4°C).IF YOU CONFIRM
When initially applying the brakes:

The brakes are too sensitive and may unexpectedly grab with a lower than normal pedal pressure.
AND

Only occurs at ambient temperatures below 40°F (4°C).
NOTE: This Service Procedure will not change or affect any braking sensitivity above 40°F (4°C).
ACTION
1.Bleed the brake hydraulic system.
2.Reprogram the Brake Controller.
3.Erase all DTCs present

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Definitely needed.
My first two to three stops in the winter always sucked.
They were way to grabby until the brakes warmed up.

I had this problem to if i was on the freeway for a bit of a stretch without usnig the brakes and I'm assuming the brakes cooled.
When I get off the freeway the brakes grabbed like **** with almost no peddle pressure.

Good to see they are looking into some of the braking problems.

I'll take mine in during the fall when it gets cooler to get this done.

Not having any issue's right now in the Bay Area.
Since it's like 90 degree's right now.

[edit] of awesome note.. I complained about this in my surveys. Good to see they listened to the consumers.

#3 ·
Hmm, now if they can just adjust the hyrid brakes so it doesn't flip the electric motor back into drive (from regenerative / neutral) when I'm in the last 20 feet of my stop and let up on the brakes ever so slightly.
It's to dam sensitive.

Come on Infiniti, adjust this a little bit... :)

#4 ·
Hooray! Any fixes to the brakes on the hybrid are much appreciated!!! I was hoping these can be re-programmed. It's just a matter of time and sales volume(complaints) that they'll get the brakes perfect. Until then, I'll take this fix!!

#6 · (Edited)
I took my car in the my local Infiniti dealer for some of the issues I have with my Q50 to get it fix. One of the issue I have is pulsation felt from the steering wheel and brake pedal when braking at highway speed. I show them the printout from Infiniti Technical Service Bulletins for the ITB00-024 (brake noise/judder/pedal feel repair) and ITB04-038 (brake rotor surfacing) and they are happy to comply.
I did ask them to do the ITB14-026. They say here in SoCal temperature don't go below 40F degree. Which is true in SoCal we rarely get below 40F. But, I told them the braking is pretty bad when the weather is cold. They say they will take a look at it.
They did resurface the rotors (all 4s) and deglaze the pad. Now, the braking on my Q50S Hybrid felt much smoother coming to a complete stop. I don't think they perform the ITB14-026 as they mention on my the service request. It say "Check brake operation and verify normal braking (hot/cold).". I guess I have to wait until Winter to see if I need this ITB14-026 perform on my car.
So, if you felt some roughness coming to a complete stop with your Q50 hybrid, take it to your dealer and get the rotors resurface and de-glaze the pads. I like how my hybrid brake now. Of course the warm/hot weather does help. Even thought it is still not as smooth as the non hybrid, but to me it's very close.

#9 ·
ITB14-026 for 2014 Q50 HYBRID; BRAKES INTERMITTENTLY GRAB ON INITIAL APPLICATION AT AMBIENT TEMPERATURES BELOW 40°F
APPLIED VEHICLE: APPLIED VINS AND DATES: 2014 Q50 Hybrid (V37) Built before: 2WD JN1AV7AP(*)EM 692166 / Apr 16, 2014 AWD JN1AV7AR(*)EM 703481 / Apr 16, 2014
Does anyone have access to the .pdf procedure for this ITB? I'd like to see how much flexibility the tech has to tweak the braking response.

Thanks, forum members.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.