Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

Beware the fm radio q50 2016

9K views 22 replies 14 participants last post by  vector7 
#1 ·
Hello, I want to tell the bad experience I've had with my 2016 Infiniti Q50 3.7 in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic. The car I bought the November 2, 2015 and immediately I realized that there was a problem with the sound of FM radio which consists of a very poor sound quality of the stations as when you leave the city and the signal does not have scope and second to tune in the station 100.5 FM this change alone 94.5 without touching any buttons, and if you tune the 94.5 sometimes the same station is heard and sometimes switches to 100.5, this has caused me to have to take the car to the shop a dozen times without even 5 months later they were able to solve the problem. The last report of the representative of Infiniti was that ALL INFINITI Q 50 have the same problem and that has to solve Microsoft that was who made the software Bose sound system. On the other hand gasoline consumption in city is 12 mpg, warning that sounds when the front passenger out of the car is not controlled even though they have tried many times regular, sometimes sounds up to 95 times after leaving the front seat passenger and continue the journey. As you can see who intend to buy an infiniti q 50 should check the fm radio to check that does not have the same problem until this day no solution.

#5 ·
Could you please rephrase the problems.

Also I believe you have a 2014 or 2015 Q50. They do not make 3.7L 2016. If your dealer told you its a 2016 I would have some questions for them.

I have heard about some problems with the AM radio quality(Can easily be fix from what I hear) but not channels changing.

From what it sounds like this may be a problem to your area and points of travel. Sounds like the stations do not broadcast that far.

#6 ·
Let me see if I can figure out the problems:

• You think you have a 2016 Q50 when you don't.
  • The FM radio sounds bad when you get too far from the city and, therefore, has poor reception.
  • You tune to 100.5 and the radio jumps to 94.5 on its own.
  • You tune to 94.5 and the radio either works or jumps to 100.5 on its own.
  • Something, something, something about Microsoft and Bose.
  • You get 12 MPG in the city.
  • You get an alarm of some sort when the passenger gets out of the vehicle.

Is that it in a nutshell?

Oh, I don't have any answers for you. I'm just trying to understand what you wrote.

#12 ·
I have noticed the same thing in mine. There are a LOT of sound "artifacts" in the audio. It sounds like a digital/analog converter on the fritz.

I have had mine (2015) for 7 months now and my overall average MPG is 22.8

BTW, Google translate sucks.

#13 ·
Ok , I repeat the above, buy an Infiniti Q50 3.7 l 2016 according to the seller and distributor of the Infiniti brand in Santo Domingo. The car badly tuned FM stations in all parts of the city and worse when I leave the city. fm stations in jump without touching any buttons when I want to listen to 100.5 or 94.5 , besides that the best fuel economy I achieved in town with the selector ECO is 12 mpg. I read some post saying that there is 3.7 l 2016 , I wonder if that's true . I have searched the web the VIN and does not appear . Disculopen possible misspellings as my language is Spanish and I am writing this with google language translator . Suggestions please . Thank you

#16 ·
When someone goes in the front passenger seat and that person out of the car and continue with the trip , the audible and visual alarm that the seat belt of the seat is not set is not deactivated even sound sometimes 95 times. This problem have tried to solve on 4 occasions because they claim it is matter of degree but the problem persists .

#17 ·
I am not sure if this is the same issue but there is a service bulletin regarding passenger presence detection. It involves retightening the seat mounting bolts and recalibrating the sensor.

#19 ·
This $h1t is too funny.. feel bad for this dude! HA!

I got lost at MICROSOFT!?!:eek::laugh::laugh:

#20 ·
I had the passenger seat alarm thing a few weeks back.. kept complaining the passenger seat belt was not fastened... even though there WAS no passenger.. had just dropped them off.

I pulled on the seat belt and let it fully retract, looked as if it was not fully retracted from when they left... that seemed to have cleared it, have had no issues since then.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.