2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
#1 (permalink) Old 12-27-2013, 11:31 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
joeylake is on a distinguished road
Default InTouch Update

Okay, so i purchased my Q50S in August - a few weeks from them being made available. I only took it in for my first oil change yesterday, hasn't seen the dealer since. It did get "all the software updates" or so they say, I now have the XM features (stock price, weather, fuel prices, etc) - but it seems it removed my Pandora, Facebook, etc (even though they never worked) they aren't even there anymore.

The service tech made it sound as if, through a recent update (as of about "3 weeks ago") that all the apps work now. I'm guessing that isn't the case, since there are none installed, as well as no InTouch App in the Apple App store.

Is this another case of the Service Tech not knowing what they're talking about?

Ultimately, it's annoying that features aren't working that were part of the selling point of the car, I actually can't find myself using them and my existing iPod/iPhone/Spotify setup is likely vastly superior anyhow, I'd just like to "try" the features.
KickingBack likes this.
#2 (permalink) Old 12-27-2013, 11:51 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
abatra is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeylake View Post
but it seems it removed my Pandora, Facebook, etc (even though they never worked) they aren't even there anymore.
The pandora, facebook apps are not released yet, so it isn't like yours got removed.

The late fall Intouch update which supposedly was to come out in Nov/Dec timeframe, hasnt been released yet. Per my recent inquiry with Infiniti Consumer Srvs, tentative timeline is late Jan.

2014 Infiniti Q50 RWD | Premium w/ Navigation | Graphite Shadow | Graphite Interior
#3 (permalink) Old 12-27-2013, 12:12 PM

I know they weren't working before, I didn't say they were. I simply added detail to the fact that the update removed the pre-installed apps that were there.
#4 (permalink) Old 12-27-2013, 12:21 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
FolsomDude is on a distinguished road

They're proably still there. If you go to Apps garage and reselect them and then place them on a page (forgot that path) they will show up. They just don't work as they mention something about not being able to find the Infiniti Intouch app on your phone.

2014 Q50 Premium
Liquid Platinum / Tech / 19" Sport wheels + Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3's
#5 (permalink) Old 12-27-2013, 12:33 PM

No, that's my point, the are not there at all. I get that the App isn't available on the phone I'm just stating an observation that it was weird they are just gone.

The only apps are the "built-in" ones (Performance monitor, Clock etc).
#6 (permalink) Old 12-27-2013, 12:44 PM
Über Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 91 Post(s)
equetefue is on a distinguished road

same for me

2014 Obsidian Black Q50s Rwd ~ Navigation Pkg ~ Deluxe Touring Pkg ~ Technology Pkg ~ Llumar CTX sides and rear + Air Blue 80 front

2013 Infiniti EX37 Obsidian Black Premium

2014 Mercedes Benz E550 loaded to the max
#7 (permalink) Old 12-27-2013, 12:44 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
pete is on a distinguished road
Garage

What you said in your first post is correct. They were there when you bought your car in August. They just didn’t work at that time. With one of the updates, (not sure which one, because I’ve only had the most recent one like yourself) those apps were removed from the car. From what others on this forum have said after talking to Infiniti, is that they will come back on a future update. So right now, you’re in the same boat as everyone else. Waiting…
#8 (permalink) Old 12-27-2013, 12:57 PM

Yep - and again, I'm merely posting as another observational anecdote, and to see if anyone else noticed the same thing. I am fine waiting.
#9 (permalink) Old 12-28-2013, 11:37 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 125 Post(s)
Sinecure is on a distinguished road

That's weird. I've not seen any cars that had Pandora and/or FB icons, let alone actual apps. If what you're saying is true, you must have gotten an unusual build that we never saw at our dealership.

Either way, you didn't really "lose" any functionality, just icons, right? They'll be back when Infiniti finally gets us the "fall" update that we're all waiting for.
pete likes this.

I'm a salesperson at an Infiniti Dealer in the Bay Area. Since many interweb jockeys think all salesmen are untruthful scum, certain users here suggested I put in a signature so you can completely disregard everything I say. YMMV.

You can PM or Email Me if you are around Northern California and want help with your Infiniti purchase decision.

2014 Q50 AWD Hybrid Premium Deluxe Tech Venetian Ruby. Was going to call her Ruby, but recently re-named her Dorothy (ruby slippers).
#10 (permalink) Old 12-28-2013, 01:44 PM
Q50 Addict

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
InfinitiPlusOne is on a distinguished road

My Intouch October update v1.9 (or v2.3.7.0646) got both Facebook and Google Search app.

Q50S Hybrid + Deluxe Techs (RWD)
Michelin PS A/S3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2014 Infiniti Q50 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.