User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-17-2016, 03:26 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 87 Post(s)
jiml302 is on a distinguished road
Default Voice to text

Does it work ? is there a lockout ? the stupid reply menu with 6 options is driving me nuts

Washed up crippled old mechanic swayed by the pure genius of the q50

INSTAGRAM:jerseysportfisher
post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-19-2016, 08:47 AM Thread Starter

Quoted: 87 Post(s)
jiml302 is on a distinguished road

so everyone like me is still using their phone for replying to text, open messenger
talk into the phone for dictation , send

Washed up crippled old mechanic swayed by the pure genius of the q50

INSTAGRAM:jerseysportfisher
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-19-2016, 12:52 PM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 90 Post(s)
cbb77 is on a distinguished road

Honestly I don't use the Q to text. I will use it to read a message if one comes in but I deal with the text later. I have my phone configured to send an Auto-reply stating that I am driving and will get back to folks later. I use Tasker to turn this on and off automatically once connected / disconnected from the Q's bluetooth. This way if someone really needs me they will call.

2015 Q50S AWD
Moonlight White / Stone
Premium Shield Elite Clear Bra, Llumar CTX 40, Matte Black Vinyl Bumper, Interior LED upgrade, Infiniti Sports Muffler, Niche Essen 20x9, Yokohama Advan Sport A/S 255/35/20, Android Head Unit, Tanabe Front Strut Bar, Stillen Rear Sway Bar

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-19-2016, 05:25 PM
Über Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 186 Post(s)
rdelaserda is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiml302 View Post
so everyone like me is still using their phone for replying to text, open messenger
talk into the phone for dictation , send
Really haven't tried it actually... I'll have to have the wife text me and I'll test drive it and get back on this.

2014 Q50 Premium AWD, Obsidian Black/Black, Nav, Touring, Illuminated Kick Panels, Infiniti Sport Muffler, Q50 Sport Pedals, Stillen Rear Sway bar, Sport Paddle Shifter Kit, M37 Shift Knob, Interior VLED's, Pinnacle Ceramic Tint 15%, Sport 19" OEM's, Conti DWS 06's, Takeda Pro DRY S Stage-2 Intake System, Tanabe Front Strut Bar, Black Weathertechs
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-19-2016, 05:53 PM
Q50 Addict

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 412 Post(s)
rpiotro is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdelaserda View Post
Really haven't tried it actually... I'll have to have the wife text me and I'll test drive it and get back on this.
Wow! Any excuse to take the car for a drive.

Chestnut Bronze/Wheat 2014 Q50 Hybrid AWD with tech package.

"Well, are you talkin' about what it is you know or just repeating what it was you heard?"
Grace Slick

"He has erected a multitude of new offices, and sent hither swarms of officers to harass our people, and eat out their substance."
From the Declaration of Independence.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-20-2016, 12:31 AM
Über Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 186 Post(s)
rdelaserda is on a distinguished road

I know... right??
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 09:58 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Boscodie is on a distinguished road
Default Just absurd design

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiml302 View Post
Does it work ? is there a lockout ? the stupid reply menu with 6 options is driving me nuts
I've owned my 2015 Q50 just long enough to figure out how worthless intouch is. Why would the manufacturer put voice recognition in this car and not enable the most important safety feature that could be employed by it? Seriously, who is the dipshit that thought this out? Voice recognition to change a radio station, but not send a text? Really? What is the point? The entire system is very poorly thought out.

Is there not some sort of bypass to allow voice recognition to text with this system? It is really hard to believe Infiniti did this.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 10:48 AM

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Q50SHybridAusTex is on a distinguished road
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boscodie View Post
I've owned my 2015 Q50 just long enough to figure out how worthless intouch is. Why would the manufacturer put voice recognition in this car and not enable the most important safety feature that could be employed by it? Seriously, who is the dipshit that thought this out? Voice recognition to change a radio station, but not send a text? Really? What is the point? The entire system is very poorly thought out.

Is there not some sort of bypass to allow voice recognition to text with this system? It is really hard to believe Infiniti did this.
What phone are you using? I believe that with iPhone's, the reply feature will not work because of something on the Apple side. Maybe someone with a non-iPhone can chime in if the feature works with their phone?

Current:

2014 Q50 Hybrid Sport
2016 QX80 Limited

Previous:

2012 M37 Sport
2013 QX56
2006 M35
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 01:06 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Boscodie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q50SHybridAusTex View Post
What phone are you using? I believe that with iPhone's, the reply feature will not work because of something on the Apple side. Maybe someone with a non-iPhone can chime in if the feature works with their phone?
I have an LG 5. I am able to reply, but just with the templates, which are pretty useless. I cannot create a voice text through the system. As it is, I still have to use my phone to create a text, which renders the intouch system useless. I keep hoping I am missing something. I can't imagine why they would create a voice recognition system that can't be used for the most useful, practical, safest purpose it could provide, voice texting. Same with the email application.

Last edited by Boscodie; 05-19-2017 at 01:09 PM.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 01:12 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
damonb10 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boscodie View Post
I can't imagine why they would create a voice recognition system that can't be used for the most useful, practical, safest purpose it could provide, voice texting. Same with the email application.

That feature is obviously important to you. However, I disagree that it is the safest, most useful and practical feature. I find that any kind of texting is too distracting while driving. I usually ignore texts while driving and if I need to contact someone use a voice call. Just my opinion...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Infiniti Q50 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.