96Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 380 (permalink) Old 12-18-2018, 01:50 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)

Default Mishimoto's 3.0T Catch Can R&D Thread

Hello InfinitiQ50.org!

Nick here from Mishimoto to guide you on our development journey of our direct fit catch can kit for the 3.0T powered Q50s! For the full scoop on the development, make sure that you head over to our Engineering Blog

I don't have to tell you guys just how impressive the VR30DDTT is, and how it's a serious contender in the luxury sedan segment. However, this engine does incorporate three aspects that are the prime ingredients of blow-by and carbon build-up, and we want to make sure that your Q50 stays at the peak of its performance. Our engineering team has already started work on a direct fit catch can kit, which you can read more about over on our Engineering Blog!

Feel free to shoot any comments, questions, or suggestions my way, and I'll happy to chat!

Thanks,
Nick
q50adix likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 380 (permalink) Old 12-18-2018, 06:12 PM
Über Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 311 Post(s)

Glad to see that this is happening. If you need a modded Q50 for testing let me know as the car is ready and daily driven.

2016+ Premium, JB4, BMS HE, full DPs and Y-pipe.
post #3 of 380 (permalink) Old 12-18-2018, 06:18 PM
Über Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 352 Post(s)

you know...there was a guy with the username deltasniper at the legacygt forum....

https://legacygt.com/forums/member.php?u=33115

not sure if you can see it when not logged in.

Mishimoto...thank you for trying to work on an aftermarket product for us.

How about a thermostatically controlled transmission cooler or a thermostatically controlled oil cooler?

Build_Page
2018 Q50 RS AWD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 380 (permalink) Old 12-18-2018, 06:51 PM
Über Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 311 Post(s)

Haha, not me but that's funny.

2016+ Premium, JB4, BMS HE, full DPs and Y-pipe.
post #5 of 380 (permalink) Old 12-18-2018, 11:01 PM
Über Member

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 374 Post(s)

@Scary smh fam no love for DIY OGs
Scary likes this.
post #6 of 380 (permalink) Old 12-19-2018, 12:34 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 78 Post(s)

Looking good but may be an issue for those with an aftermarket strut tower brace. Have you guys tested fitment with some of the more popular braces i.e. Cusco or Tanabe?
post #7 of 380 (permalink) Old 12-19-2018, 09:56 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddnspider View Post
Glad to see that this is happening. If you need a modded Q50 for testing let me know as the car is ready and daily driven.
So we actually already have our prototype kit on the loaner car, but if you're local we might be cooking up some other cool products for the Q50 down the line that we would need a test vehicle for

Quote:
Originally Posted by jodedor View Post
you know...there was a guy with the username deltasniper at the legacygt forum....

https://legacygt.com/forums/member.php?u=33115

not sure if you can see it when not logged in.

Mishimoto...thank you for trying to work on an aftermarket product for us.

How about a thermostatically controlled transmission cooler or a thermostatically controlled oil cooler?
Absolutely! Like I said, we might also have some other products coming too, but I'll definitely pass along your suggestions too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourg63 View Post
Looking good but may be an issue for those with an aftermarket strut tower brace. Have you guys tested fitment with some of the more popular braces i.e. Cusco or Tanabe?
We did actually consider the strut tower braces, but we haven't had a chance to test fit out kit with one of the braces. Just from checking out the photos of the Cusco bar, it looks like the lines could route around the mount, but, of course, we won't know for sure until we actually try it out. We'll likely look into that for the next time we have a Q50 in the shop!

-Nick
post #8 of 380 (permalink) Old 12-19-2018, 11:23 AM
Über Member

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 335 Post(s)

Garage

@Mishimoto

What are you guys trying to sort out as far as R&D on a catch can? This is an honest question. If it's as far as bracketing, the one you guys use is slick and you should release it (since I first saw the prototype roughly 4 months ago). If it's the question of, "does it work?" That question has been solved numerous times, on multiple cars, by a plethora of people. Ask me how I know...

The blow-by hoses on the passenger and driver side do not put out enough contamination to even look twice, but the PCV equates to roughly 50mL for every 4000 miles, which is a non-trivial amount.

So, again, I ask, what exactly are you guys trying to figure out at this point?
JohnInNH and jodedor like this.

Yep... I actually said that.
post #9 of 380 (permalink) Old 12-19-2018, 12:21 PM
Q50 Addict

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 680 Post(s)

Garage

@Mishimoto
When you come out with a full kit (fittings, hoses, and mounting bracket) for the 2018 3.0tt for just the PCV side with detailed instructions let me know.

2018 AWD Q50 RS, Graphite Shadow, NO DAS, 255/40 ZR19 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+, Tuxmats, Stillen rear "Sway Bar" on stiffest, Z1 2 piece front & rear drilled n slotted rotors, AMS RedAlpha heat exchanger, Fast Intentions high flo cats, resonated X-pipe + CBE, VS Forged VS02 19"x9" +40 Slate Gray rims (20 lbs), AMS RedAlpha Intake, Z1 LSD, Naviks Motion Lockout Bypass, IPL badge, AMS badge, AMS expansion tank. EcuTec remote tune from Seb at Specialty-Z, Z1 HKS BOVs
post #10 of 380 (permalink) Old 12-26-2018, 11:02 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scary View Post
@Mishimoto

What are you guys trying to sort out as far as R&D on a catch can? This is an honest question. If it's as far as bracketing, the one you guys use is slick and you should release it (since I first saw the prototype roughly 4 months ago). If it's the question of, "does it work?" That question has been solved numerous times, on multiple cars, by a plethora of people. Ask me how I know...

The blow-by hoses on the passenger and driver side do not put out enough contamination to even look twice, but the PCV equates to roughly 50mL for every 4000 miles, which is a non-trivial amount.

So, again, I ask, what exactly are you guys trying to figure out at this point?
We put every one of our catch can kits through the same process because we want to make sure first hand that they're up to Mishi standards before we give it the green light. There are a few things that we did differently with this bracket that we especially wanted to test since they were a little different from our typical methods. Although I will say that we have received some feedback already and it's looking good! I'll be sure to keep you in the loop on the full production kit once we get closer to completing the process!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnInNH View Post
@Mishimoto
When you come out with a full kit (fittings, hoses, and mounting bracket) for the 2018 3.0tt for just the PCV side with detailed instructions let me know.
I'll be sure to keep you posted!

Sorry for the delay getting back to you guys, by the way. I hope everyone had a great holiday!

-Nick
JohnInNH likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Infiniti Q50 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in