Fast Intentions Exhaust or Others? - Infiniti Q50 Forum
User Tag List

9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-20-2019, 07:00 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Default Fast Intentions Exhaust or Others?

A lot of post with topics on exhaust but my question is as of recently what kind of wait time have people been seeing when ordering a fast intentions? If my impatience gets the better of me what have people reviewed about HKS or Ark that are similar pricing with current sales? This is for the 3.0t by the way
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-20-2019, 07:59 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by victor0206 View Post
A lot of post with topics on exhaust but my question is as of recently what kind of wait time have people been seeing when ordering a fast intentions? If my impatience gets the better of me what have people reviewed about HKS or Ark that are similar pricing with current sales? This is for the 3.0t by the way

I have two 2019 Q50RSs, both with FI exhaust. It used to be about a two month wait, but I can unhesitatingly say that the wait is worth it. Superb quality, sound, customer service, etc. I wouldn't consider any other system.
JohnInNH and victor0206 like this.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-20-2019, 11:00 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Garage

6-8 weeks wait time even during the winter and it is well worth the wait. I ordered mine in November 2018 and got it at the end of January 2019. Once I finally got mine, the quality and the sound was even better than expected.
JohnInNH and victor0206 like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-21-2019, 04:12 AM
Q50 Addict

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 732 Post(s)

Garage
Exclamation

I'll 3rd this 100%. The FI exhaust wait almost killed me though lol. Absolutely no buyers remorse and worth the wait. #1 BEST mod to my car.

The performance of just my FI system alone was amazing (full catted downpipes and resonated X-pipe). A lot of power and slight MPG bump. Enough so I almost did not get the EcuTec tune.

FI has dynos on their site showing the performance gains.

Fit, finish, sound, performance, and a tad lighter than the OEM system. Only hack is cost and wait. Bottom line I'd do it again.

I just wish I had ordered it b4 I waited for my vin#. I lost a few weeks, and could have had it sooner.
victor0206 likes this.

2018 AWD Q50 RS, Graphite Shadow, NO DAS, 255/40 ZR19 Michelin A/S 3+, Tuxmats, Stillen rear "Sway Bar" on stiffest, Z1 2 piece front & rear drilled n slotted rotors, AMS RedAlpha HE, Fast Intentions high flo cats, resonated X-pipe + CBE, VS Forged VS02 19"x9" +40 Slate Gray rims (20 lbs), AMS RedAlpha Intake, Z1 LSD, Naviks Motion Lockout Bypass, IPL badge, AMS badge, AMS expansion tank. EcuTec remote tune from Seb at Specialty-Z, Z1 HKS BOVs, Carbotech brake pads, (XP12 front, XP10 rear.)
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-21-2019, 11:07 AM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)

Dude.....just order it and don't think about it. "Good things come to those who wait". It's dam pricey.....yeah...…. you gottah wait...…..yeah...….. but sweet peter...….it is by far (imho) the best exhaust that compliments the q50. Build quality is top notch. My installer who has a custom exhaust shop was very impressed. The sound is deep and throaty without being obnoxiously loud and in your face. When you get it be sure to turn off the fake exhaust noise being piped in thru the speakers. I went with the resonated x-pipe cbe and full down pipes with HFCs (pretty much a mortgage payment). No issues whatsoever.....no codes....no burning smells......zilch. For my $58k RS, megan racing wasn't cutting it.

Loaded 17 RS **Majestic Pearl ext w/Havana Quilted int**Maple wood trim**Black headliner**Teck Pkg**Design Pkg**DAS**Premium Plus Pkg**Driver Asst Pkg**Illuminated KPs**Remote Start*****Mods=Fast Intentions FDP w/HFC, Fast Intentions resonated CBE, AMS HX, Z1 LSD, Michelin Pilot Sports 4S,Ecutek tuned>443whp/525wtq on [email protected]
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-21-2019, 11:52 AM

Quoted: 38 Post(s)

FI place order don’t look back. 2cents

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
victor0206 likes this.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-21-2019, 12:03 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnInNH View Post
I'll 3rd this 100%. The FI exhaust wait almost killed me though lol. Absolutely no buyers remorse and worth the wait. #1 BEST mod to my car.

The performance of just my FI system alone was amazing (full catted downpipes and resonated X-pipe). A lot of power and slight MPG bump. Enough so I almost did not get the EcuTec tune.

FI has dynos on their site showing the performance gains.

Fit, finish, sound, performance, and a tad lighter than the OEM system. Only hack is cost and wait. Bottom line I'd do it again.

I just wish I had ordered it b4 I waited for my vin#. I lost a few weeks, and could have had it sooner.
Quote:
Originally Posted by yardie_TT400 View Post
Dude.....just order it and don't think about it. "Good things come to those who wait". It's dam pricey.....yeah...…. you gottah wait...…..yeah...….. but sweet peter...….it is by far (imho) the best exhaust that compliments the q50. Build quality is top notch. My installer who has a custom exhaust shop was very impressed. The sound is deep and throaty without being obnoxiously loud and in your face. When you get it be sure to turn off the fake exhaust noise being piped in thru the speakers. I went with the resonated x-pipe cbe and full down pipes with HFCs (pretty much a mortgage payment). No issues whatsoever.....no codes....no burning smells......zilch. For my $58k RS, megan racing wasn't cutting it.
Thanks everyone for the replies, I am probably going to pull the trigger on the FI! Those with the downpipes, cattedd or not what kind of sound increase came out of that?
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-21-2019, 12:13 PM
Über Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 285 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yardie_TT400 View Post
I went with the resonated x-pipe cbe and full down pipes with HFCs (pretty much a mortgage payment). No issues whatsoever.....no codes....no burning smells......zilch. For my $58k RS, megan racing wasn't cutting it.
LOL @ "...pretty much a mortgage payment". Yup, I can relate.

FI builds their exhausts to order. Their shop is small, and inventory is overhead, so you are trading the build time vs an even higher cost for a quality built exhaust. I can appreciate their attention to detail, like grinding down the welds inside the piping for smoother flow.

You have similar #'s to what I'm seeing with an Ecutek tune on pump gas, and FI DPs & CBE: 425-450 whp, and 500-525 wtq. That's impressive #'s for just adding a few mods to this VR30 platform.

2017 Q60 Red Sport 400 Iridium Blue / Monaco Red
Premium Plus Package 3.0t Sport / Silver Optic Fiber Interior Trim / Infiniti Sport Mats / FI Full Catted DPs & CBE / Stoptech Trophy BBK FR & RR w/SS-Braided Brake Lines / Infiniti HE / Infiniti Intakes / Ecutek Tune / BMS Pedal Tuner / Infiniti Radiant Sport Grille / EMM Tuning CF Foglight Finishers / CF Duckbill RR Spoiler / Mishimoto OCC
/ Future: AMS HPFP / AMS CF DS / Z1 LSD / Stillen Rear Stab
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-21-2019, 12:14 PM
Q50 Addict

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 732 Post(s)

Garage

Absolutely get the resonated X-pipe if you get full downpipes catted or not. I spent a lot of time on the phone with Keven tossing around this one. Boy am I glad I did. I keep my garage door closed to keep in the cold start noise in. After, its just fine. I remote start my car from the kitchen. By the time I walk through the breezeway and the garage door opens the car gets quiet, or close to it. 😉 It's very acceptable around town but throaty but speaks with authoraty when you give it the go juice. Wind and tire noise is prominent on the highway till you juice it especially in sport+. Std & eco mode are quieter.

Last edited by JohnInNH; 04-21-2019 at 12:19 PM.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-21-2019, 12:38 PM
Über Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 285 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnInNH View Post
Absolutely get the resonated X-pipe if you get full downpipes catted or not.
It's not mentioned very often, but the standard FI exhaust tips are also resonated, too. The optional tri-color tips are not.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Infiniti Q50 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in