Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

Floor mat installation

6K views 19 replies 9 participants last post by  Avedis53 
#1 ·
I have some black all weather floor mats in my 2019 Q50 from the dealer. I believe because of the softness of the rubber they tend to really show dirt easy. Every time you get into the car there's foot marks. So I've decided to trade them out for carpet mats. When I try to install the stock Q50 carpet floor mat the hole on the mat seems too small to slip over the retention post in the car's carpet. I wouldn't think I need to force it too hard? I must be missing something?

#3 ·
Your carpet mats should have the same kind of retainer as the all season ones have. Those are the wrong carpet mats.

#4 ·
Maybe they gave you 2017 mats instead of 2018/19 mats. My carpet mats are still in bag. Since I live in Canada, where we get all the weather conditions, I opted to get the Weathertec Floor Liners. Worth the money

Reactions: blazn420
#17 ·
I was a die-hard WeatherTech guy for years, and still love their mats. However, this time around, I have heard such great things about the 3D MAXpider mats on other forums that I thought I'd give them a try. VERY happy and much nicer and "prettier" than the WT mats and go with the interior much better too. They have a carbon fiber look to them.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01CP1C4AU/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I paid through the nose for the first and last time for my 2018. The fitment was "meh", and the material was thin. Yes, it was WeatherTech.

I cut them up and threw them in the trash.

Quite happy with the all weather mats with which my car came.

#5 ·
#7 ·
I have had my eye on the MAXpider mats. Do you have any pics of them installed in your car?

#12 ·
Thanks for the pics. I will likely buy these. I've been using weathertechs the past couple years. They work great, but not a big fan of the look.

I'm going to try out the Maxpiders and see what I like better between the two.

Reactions: securityguy
#15 ·
3D Max floor mats on my G37 fell apart within 10 months. I tried to contact them for warranty and got ignored.

this time around, I am going with TuxMats.
I guess you can't make everyone happy all of the time. I'll update as time goes on related to how well mine wear. I know several people on other forums, that I am a member of, that have had great success and longevity with their MAXpiders on various types or cars and trucks which motivated me to try them. Sorry to hear you had a bad experience.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.