Carbon fiber steering wheel 2018 Q50/ - Page 2 - Infiniti Q50 Forum
User Tag List

2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-16-2019, 03:01 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)

I love me some Omega S____masters. More Speed than Sea, but I don't discriminate either way. I'd love a PAN, but I'd be too scared to wear it.

-Jess
2019 Iridium Blue Q50S AWD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-16-2019, 03:56 PM
Q50 Addict

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quoted: 1246 Post(s)

Garage

Thread derailment!!

I have a couple Rolexes, a old submariner and an aviator, but have 2 ETA 2824-2 swiss movement watches I wear most all the time. A military Marathon with tritium green tubes, but with an orange one at 12. Also on the hands. Does not neet to be charged to glow. It's radioactive.

The other is an Invicta (looks like a Rolex) but has a solid SS links in the bracelet, and a view back so you can see the ETA movement. I absoluty LOVE that watch. All are chronograph adjusted for accuracy. I really like the ETA movement. Somthing about a "real" watch. I really like to see the inside.
http://calibercorner.com/eta-caliber-2824-2/
Jeffpeds likes this.
post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-16-2019, 06:22 PM
Über Member

Quoted: 282 Post(s)

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnInNH View Post
Thread derailment!!

I have a couple Rolexes, a old submariner and an aviator, but have 2 ETA 2824-2 swiss movement watches I wear most all the time. A military Marathon with tritium green tubes, but with an orange one at 12. Also on the hands. Does not neet to be charged to glow. It's radioactive.

The other is an Invicta (looks like a Rolex) but has a solid SS links in the bracelet, and a view back so you can see the ETA movement. I absoluty LOVE that watch. All are chronograph adjusted for accuracy. I really like the ETA movement. Somthing about a "real" watch. I really like to see the inside.
http://calibercorner.com/eta-caliber-2824-2/
Hey John are talking about the 8927 Invicta Pro Diver Collection, I gave her an Invicta for her Birthday, so she ordered me one for Father's day.

2017 Red Sport 400, Megan LDP, Custom Exhaust, JB1 at +3. Chrome Delete.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-16-2019, 07:08 PM
Q50 Addict

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quoted: 1246 Post(s)

Garage

I'd have to check. But think so. Invicta changed to a SW movement a copy of the ETA. I got mine in around 2000 IIRC.
post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-16-2019, 07:34 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avedis53 View Post
Panerai watches are pretty nice but a little too rich for my blood. I have a couple Omega watches though. A 1973 Speedmaster Moon watch and a 1999 Seamaster Professional tri-metal watch.
Panerai is not so bad as long as you buy pre-owned because "new" is too rich for my blood as well...lol.
post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-17-2019, 05:52 AM

Quoted: 74 Post(s)

The one(s) I lust after aren't any more affordable to me used lol. For that kind of money I'm not rolling dice, which means buying from sellers of a very specific sort of repute, which means paying a lot more than the deal you may get on ebay. Also: I have way too many Invictas.

-Jess
2019 Iridium Blue Q50S AWD
post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-17-2019, 07:45 AM

Quoted: 104 Post(s)

Not sure if we are still talking about steering wheels or not but my other car has a hard carbon fiber wheel like that and I hate it, Ill be switching it out. The top (non leather) part gets really hot in the summer and really cold in the winter, and my hands spend a lot of time at 10:00 - 12:00. Its also slippery unless youre wearing gloves and sweaty hands. I also found it annoying to go from leather to carbon to leather to carbon etc every time I drove it. I like a consistent feel of the wheel. My .02c
Avedis53 likes this.

2015 Q50S - All options including tech package. Best. Car. Ever.
post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-17-2019, 09:28 AM
Über Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 481 Post(s)

I have a weakness for a Zenith Elite Dual Time....
post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-17-2019, 10:45 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 16 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxquattro View Post
Not sure if we are still talking about steering wheels or not [IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/InfinitiQ50_org/smilies/tango_face_smile.png[/IMG] but my other car has a hard carbon fiber wheel like that and I hate it, Ill be switching it out. The top (non leather) part gets really hot in the summer and really cold in the winter, and my hands spend a lot of time at 10:00 - 12:00. Its also slippery unless youre wearing gloves and sweaty hands. I also found it annoying to go from leather to carbon to leather to carbon etc every time I drove it. I like a consistent feel of the wheel. My .02c
Luckily that has not been my experience but it sounds like a difference of preferences.

Also relating to the watch topic I would love to have a Hublot Big Bang. I've always thought the design called to me. Such a great watch and not as trite as a Rolex IMO.
post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-18-2019, 11:47 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Is this still available?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Infiniti Q50 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in