User Tag List

14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-08-2019, 08:53 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)

Default 2014 Q50s - 88k miles - 2nd owner car - $14K

Need advice on this car that is a few hours away from me. I have not yet seen it in person. Is this worth pursuing if I could get it for $13k to $14k as my target price? (I would need service records and confirm it is rust free) I am calling the seller today with a ton of questions....so far, I know:

2014 Q50s
-About 88k miles
-AWD

-Malbec Black
-Black interior
-Sensors in bumper F&R (so I can assume it has the Driver Aid and blind spot?)
-Nav

-Appears to be well maintained (but I have not yet seen it or service records yet)

-2nd Owner, this seller bought it with 9,000 miles
-Clean Title
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-08-2019, 03:36 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by adro View Post
Need advice on this car that is a few hours away from me. I have not yet seen it in person. Is this worth pursuing if I could get it for $13k to $14k as my target price? (I would need service records and confirm it is rust free) I am calling the seller today with a ton of questions....so far, I know:

2014 Q50s
-About 88k miles
-AWD

-Malbec Black
-Black interior
-Sensors in bumper F&R (so I can assume it has the Driver Aid and blind spot?)
-Nav

-Appears to be well maintained (but I have not yet seen it or service records yet)

-2nd Owner, this seller bought it with 9,000 miles
-Clean Title
The sonar sensors don’t guarantee it has the tech package. Is it listed online, if so post the link here.

Nothing to see here...
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-08-2019, 03:41 PM
Q50 Addict

Location: Minnesota, the greater Minneapolis-St Paul metropolitan area where we have too much effen traffic
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 861 Post(s)

I've seen too many reports of issues with the infotainment touchscreens in the 2014 to be comfortable. ****, it has me slightly uneasy with them in my 2018.
BigHeadClan and blazn420 like this.

2018 Iridium Blue, AWD, Q50 Red Sport w/ Sensory and ProACTIVE packages and an illuminated grille emblem that is no longer anything special as my neighbor's lowly Chevy truck has one too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-08-2019, 04:07 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osa500 View Post
The sonar sensors donít guarantee it has the tech package. Is it listed online, if so post the link here.

Thanks for that info - I was thinking the front and rear sensors meant it had the driver aid system.

Here's the link:

https://terrehaute.craigslist.org/ct...924630971.html
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-08-2019, 04:09 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pillboy View Post
I've seen too many reports of issues with the infotainment touchscreens in the 2014 to be comfortable. ****, it has me slightly uneasy with them in my 2018.

Thanks that does stand out in my mind too. I was considering a 2014 with that in mind, so I could swap in the "Tesla style" screen but I am unsure if the tech features cross over. I know I would lose the OEM Nav system.... but unsure of other tech feature crossover.

I've only driven 2015 Q's so I've never actually messed with the 2014 infotainment system yet. Have you personally used a 2014?
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-08-2019, 05:54 PM
Q50 Addict

Location: Minnesota, the greater Minneapolis-St Paul metropolitan area where we have too much effen traffic

Quote:
Thanks that does stand out in my mind too. I was considering a 2014 with that in mind, so I could swap in the "Tesla style" screen but I am unsure if the tech features cross over. I know I would lose the OEM Nav system.... but unsure of other tech feature crossover.

I've only driven 2015 Q's so I've never actually messed with the 2014 infotainment system yet. Have you personally used a 2014?
I have no experience with Q50s other than mine, so I can't answer that question for you. 2014 was the first model year for this generation, and from my past experiences with first model year cars (Subaru and Ford), I would tend to shy away from that type of purchase again - leasing wouldn't bother me however because of the warranty.
BigHeadClan likes this.

2018 Iridium Blue, AWD, Q50 Red Sport w/ Sensory and ProACTIVE packages and an illuminated grille emblem that is no longer anything special as my neighbor's lowly Chevy truck has one too.
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-08-2019, 07:04 PM
‹ber Member

Quoted: 282 Post(s)

Garage

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pillboy View Post

Thanks that does stand out in my mind too. I was considering a 2014 with that in mind, so I could swap in the "Tesla style" screen but I am unsure if the tech features cross over. I know I would lose the OEM Nav system....[IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/InfinitiQ50_org/smilies/tango_face_sad.png[/IMG] but unsure of other tech feature crossover.

I had two 14's the base and the Hybrid, they did upgrade the system, it was a little slow, it didn't bother me.
Pillboy likes this.

2017 Red Sport 400, Megan LDP, Custom Exhaust, JB1 at +3. Chrome Delete.
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-09-2019, 10:05 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleDom View Post
I had two 14's the base and the Hybrid, they did upgrade the system, it was a little slow, it didn't bother me.

Im going to check out a 14 today with Nav. I am coming from a 2005 G35 so really anything is going to be better than what I have haha, I'll pay with the 2014 infotainment and report back.

In terms of your 2014s, what mileage were they at? High miles at all? Would you recommend me buying a 2014 with almost 90k miles if I can get a good price? (They claim to have service records.)
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-09-2019, 12:16 PM
Q50 Addict

At that mileage I'd be looking at wear items that will possibly need attention soon if they haven't already been dealt with recently: spark plugs, cracked CV boots, accessory drive belts, brake pads and most likely rotors if the car is on its second set of pads already, sway bar end links, driveline fluids, brake fluid, engine coolant, battery...

I'm sure others will chime in with things to look for.

My main concern with the infotainment isn't the speed of it when using it or it looking outdated, as it does what you need it to do (your phone will have superior navigation usefulness however), but I'm more concerned with a hardware failure that renders certain functions of the car inoperable such as the audio system and parts of the HVAC. Having most HVAC controls as hard buttons was one of the selling points for me.
mapleDom and adro like this.

post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-09-2019, 12:57 PM
Q50 Addict

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quoted: 1245 Post(s)

Garage

I'd go 2015, not 14. Last of the 3.7's which can be good if you don't want to mod it. I try to avoid 1st model years too.
adro likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Infiniti Q50 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in