LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-19-2015, 02:22 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Default Infiniti Shelves Plans for EV

Quote:
Infiniti’s plans to bring an electric vehicle (EV) to market have been put on hold.

When the brand revealed the LE Concept back at the 2012 New York Auto Show, it was called a 'production intent' vehicle that was expected to arrive sometime in 2014, but it never showed up. 'We have to be a little pragmatic,' said Michael Bartsch, Infiniti’s vice president for the Americas, when asked about when the LE would arrive.

It has been put on hold so that Infiniti can concentrate on other important high-volume products like the new Q60 Coupe.
Read more about the Infiniti Shelves Plans for EV at AutoGuide.com.
Q602B likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-19-2015, 02:25 PM
Über Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 209 Post(s)

As long as they get it right when the time comes, I don't think anyone will mind.
Q602B and hunter81 like this.

2018 Red Sport w/ Tech [Iridium Blue]
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-19-2015, 03:14 PM
Über Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 325 Post(s)

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzmang View Post
As long as they get it right when the time comes, I don't think anyone will mind.
yeah, Infiniti is hard at work to create a global presence and it seems like they are succeeding. With the new Q60 coming soon, I believe good time lay ahead for Infiniti.

Meet Barricade a 2014 Infiniti Q50S AWD Asgard Grey - Fully loaded

Also Featuring:
3x Remote Starter
3m Bumper, hood and fender Protection
Welcome Lighting
Interior Ambient Lighting
WeatherTech Mats (Front and Back)
Trunk Protection Mat and Net
Interior LED conversion
Infiniti Factory Spoiler

Last edited by Devilzblood; 01-19-2015 at 03:14 PM. Reason: Wrong post quoted
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-19-2015, 04:13 PM
Über Member

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 295 Post(s)

Garage

dammmn Q60 coupe

I really want one. but cant have two coupes & a sedan lol

Bagged Q50s Hybrid AWD. Click here for build thread
G35 Coupe 6MT twin turbo 461whp.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-19-2015, 05:53 PM
Q50 Addict

Mentioned: 144 Post(s)
Quoted: 1459 Post(s)

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilzblood View Post
yeah, Infiniti is hard at work to create a global presence and it seems like they are succeeding. With the new Q60 coming soon, I believe good time lay ahead for Infiniti.
I think they made a sales record this year worldwide. Yeah, if the Q60 is a sign as far as looks and design of what is to come, Infiniti will do very well. That coupe is far sexier than the 4 series or S5 and I'm sure it will remain better looking than the S5 after its redesign because Audi definitely has the most conservative looking cars from the German 3.
Devilzblood likes this.

2018 Dynamic Sunstone Red/Monaco Red Q60 Red Sport 400, RWD AMS Red Alpha tuned. Sensory Package SPORT/ProASSIST Package/ProACTIVE Package/Radiant External Ground Lighting/Radiant Interior Ambient Lighting/Carbon Fiber Package
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-19-2015, 06:54 PM
Über Member

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 380 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter81 View Post
I'm sure it will remain better looking than the S5 after its redesign because Audi definitely has the most conservative looking cars from the German 3.
Sans the R8 and the 7-Lines, I would have to agree...

I absolutely agree with Infiniti's decision to not move forward with the LE, especially with what was said within the article about Tesla. Infiniti doesn't need a direct competitor to Tesla, but whatever it is they do decide, it will need to be a serious alternative.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-19-2015, 07:02 PM
Über Member

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 380 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMzQ50s View Post
dammmn Q60 coupe

I really want one. but cant have two coupes & a sedan lol
Just noticed you have a TT G35 in your garage, that definitely makes upgrading an interesting proposition.

I'm currently getting some maintenance done to my g37 and was seriously contemplating CAI, manifolds, CBE, and HFC's. I can't justify the mods when I can save that coin for a down payment towards the Q60 next year.

2016 Volvo XC90 T6 R-Design| Passion Red | B&W PSS| Climate Pkg| Convenience Pkg| Vision Pkg| 4-Corner AS| 22" Diamond Cut Wheels| Integrated Booster Seat - Wife's Car
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-20-2015, 01:38 AM
Über Member

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 295 Post(s)

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q602B View Post
Just noticed you have a TT G35 in your garage, that definitely makes upgrading an interesting proposition.

I'm currently getting some maintenance done to my g37 and was seriously contemplating CAI, manifolds, CBE, and HFC's. I can't justify the mods when I can save that coin for a down payment towards the Q60 next year.
Honestly NA mods are meh on the VQ, they barely make any noticable gain. Only time I noticed any pull with my G was the plenum spacer & HFCs. But again nothing worth bragging about. If you wanna boost the G its a great idea, other wise save the money for the Q60!

Bagged Q50s Hybrid AWD. Click here for build thread
G35 Coupe 6MT twin turbo 461whp.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-20-2015, 08:18 AM
Master Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)

There are still too many issues with all electrics, mainly range and recharging ability. Do some aggressive driving and watch your battery drain with lightning speed. Recharge times are also an issue.

There is a lot of hope in graphene based batteries, and actual science to back up the hype. Graphenes show promise because they offer near zero resistance, don't break down (so the battery has no limit to its lifespan), and hold far more charge in the same space as compared to even the best L-ion batteries.

These graphenes can also be layered into multi level, high efficiency photovoltaic skins that could cover the entire car invisibly.

What EV vehicles also need is a super capacitor so that you can plug in and rapidly charge.

Another problem with EVs is the toxicity and environmental impact of the battery materials. Ore is mined in Africa, where tribal warlords frequently kill each other for the mining rights. Then it goes to China, where processing the raw ore into refined material is so devastating that the land around the refineries look likes the surface of Mars for miles around. After that it is shipped to Japan to be made into batteries. When it arrives at the dealership, you now have a brand new gas-free vehicle that has already produced more pollutants than a still running 78 Mach-1 Mustang has to date. And never mind that if your car catches fire, EMS isn't coming near you due to the poison gas created by the large burning battery.

Extremism in defense of Liberty is no vice.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-20-2015, 10:12 AM
Über Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 325 Post(s)

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter81 View Post
I think they made a sales record this year worldwide. Yeah, if the Q60 is a sign as far as looks and design of what is to come, Infiniti will do very well. That coupe is far sexier than the 4 series or S5 and I'm sure it will remain better looking than the S5 after its redesign because Audi definitely has the most conservative looking cars from the German 3.
Yup, agreed!! Even MB, the interior in that car was surprisingly uninteresting. They only just started to improve their interior with the new C-class. Audi and BMW, their interior is way too simple for this day and age. They have to start embracing the technology era and improve the interior based on that!!

Meet Barricade a 2014 Infiniti Q50S AWD Asgard Grey - Fully loaded

Also Featuring:
3x Remote Starter
3m Bumper, hood and fender Protection
Welcome Lighting
Interior Ambient Lighting
WeatherTech Mats (Front and Back)
Trunk Protection Mat and Net
Interior LED conversion
Infiniti Factory Spoiler
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Infiniti Q50 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in