post #1 of 38 (permalink) Old 07-12-2019, 07:10 AM Thread Starter
Q50 Addict

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 409 Post(s)

Default Possible 2020 Acura TLX

https://www.carscoops.com/2019/07/ne...edan-revealed/

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a2...dx-tlx-photos/

2016 Volvo XC90 T6 R-Design| Passion Red | B&W PSS| Climate Pkg| Convenience Pkg| Vision Pkg| 4-Corner AS| 22" Diamond Cut Wheels| Integrated Booster Seat - Wife's Car
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 38 (permalink) Old 07-12-2019, 09:20 AM
Master Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 176 Post(s)

Not a big fan of the iPad sticking out of the dash. Still looks too much like a Honda Accord. Almost as if Acura was on a strict design budget. For the options and price available the car is a decent value without question.

2018 Q50 AWD Hybrid Black Pearl (Premium Paint). OEM Welcome Lighting OEM Spoiler. Splash Guards.
post #3 of 38 (permalink) Old 07-12-2019, 09:45 AM
Master Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 144 Post(s)

Garage

3.5L V-6 Engine
9-spd w/OD Transmission
290 @ 6,200 rpm Horsepower
267 @ 4,500 rpm Torque

TRADED:'14 Graphite Shadow Sport AWD*Deluxe Touring Pkg*19x9.5 SVE Drift Wheels*Gold lug nuts*35% tint*AEM Intakes*Carbon Fiber Grill cover, front/rear Mt Fuji emblems, trunk trim pieces* Debadged*Cuztom Tuning Diffuser*Brakenetic Gold Sport Slotted Rotors*Posi-Quiet Ceramic Pads

CURRENT: 2019 Graphite Shadow Luxe RWD *JB4 w/ Fuel Wires*BMS Intakes*AMS Lower Downpipes*Frozen Boost 101*
423 whp, 450 tq at 16.8psi with E30 (without LDP or HX)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 38 (permalink) Old 07-12-2019, 01:44 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)

Those side body lines remind me of something...
post #5 of 38 (permalink) Old 07-12-2019, 02:24 PM
‹ber Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 515 Post(s)

It was kinda cool when I saw an A-spec for the first time. But, mind you, it is not a 400hp car.

Lately, I am liking my Q50 more and more as I am now manually turning off the collision assist from the menu (so steering feel can be in sport + ), putting the car in sport + , and putting it in manual shift.

I can keep the car in a better power range. My mpg is/was 17.1 when I was driving it in automatic mode, so it makes no difference to me.

If you are thinking about switching, don't. I contemplated an RS5 as an upgrade. Glad I didn't.

I really like my setup even with the 30# 275 sticky tires I am running. The car is so responsive and handles great. I would like to add better/bolstered seats and muck around by changing from RSR coilovers to Feal coilovers for stiffer spring and valving. Other than that, it is setup just fine.

I like my car a LOT. I don't love it like a G35 coupe, but I like it a lot.

Only power mod is my axle-back, but the car just goes because of other mods.

If anyone is in the San Jose area and want a ride, let me know. I will change your mind about the car.

Cheers!

Build_Page

Youtube

2018 Q50 RS AWD

"I am not an expert on the subject, but that has been my observation." - Jodedor
"So, how much did it cost to make your car undriveable?" - Best Friend
"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Jodedor

9 times out of 10, it is an electic razor...but every once ina while, it is a ....
post #6 of 38 (permalink) Old 07-12-2019, 04:10 PM
Q50 Addict

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 1213 Post(s)

Garage

I agree. VDC off, FEB off, Sport+, and manual shift. "It's ALIVE!" .. Really wakes things up!

Still dialing in my tune with Seb. 3 more log files off to him today.

Seems to be missing some 1500-2300 RPM power (feels like ECO mode). At 2500 it bursts to life.
jodedor likes this.
post #7 of 38 (permalink) Old 07-12-2019, 04:17 PM
Q50 Addict

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 716 Post(s)

Side Profile is a total q50 Rip Off. The rumors are an A-Spec version of this will have a 400 HP Twin Turbo. So I hope the next GEN Red Sport gets a bump in HP to 425 or so. Definitely need a refresh looks wise as well, while the Q50 RS looks aggressive and attractive, I've grown bored since this look has been out for going on 7 years now.
Kjewell and Jeffpeds like this.
post #8 of 38 (permalink) Old 07-12-2019, 05:41 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth View Post
Side Profile is a total q50 Rip Off. The rumors are an A-Spec version of this will have a 400 HP Twin Turbo. So I hope the next GEN Red Sport gets a bump in HP to 425 or so. Definitely need a refresh looks wise as well, while the Q50 RS looks aggressive and attractive, I've grown bored since this look has been out for going on 7 years now.
If it is less money than a new Q50 (at least 400 HP)and Infiniti doesn't do a total refresh by June of next year, I going to the TLX A-Spec. I had a TL before loved it. No issues. My only issues with the A-Specs is that there is not any more performance under the hood than the standard models
post #9 of 38 (permalink) Old 07-12-2019, 05:54 PM
Q50 Addict

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 716 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yld2rob View Post
If it is less money than a new Q50 (at least 400 HP)and Infiniti doesn't do a total refresh by June of next year, I going to the TLX A-Spec. I had a TL before loved it. No issues. My only issues with the A-Specs is that there is not any more performance under the hood than the standard models
Yeah, it's either going to be a Type R 400 Version or A-Spec 400 but 400 HP is coming and it's all but confirmed. Alot of exciting things happening. Lexus is also going to be putting out an IS that has 400 HP along with rumors about bringing back the IS-F which will be close to or over 500 HP. It won't be a V8 though which sucks. Part of the IS-F appeal to me was the sound and being NA. Either way there are too many options to choose from and Infiniti better step their game up next model.
post #10 of 38 (permalink) Old 07-12-2019, 07:03 PM
Q50 Addict

Location: Minnesota, the greater Minneapolis-St Paul metropolitan area where we have too much effen traffic
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 855 Post(s)

I have a friend that bought a TLX a few months before I bought the Red Sport. Four things kept me from the Acura: only 290 HP (only 40 more than my 2005 Subaru), electronic parking brake, button shifter, and non-latching auto stop/start. I suspect a few of these will haunt the next gen TLX also.

2018 Iridium Blue, AWD, Q50 Red Sport w/ Sensory and ProACTIVE packages and an illuminated grille emblem that is no longer anything special as my neighbor's lowly Chevy truck has one too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Infiniti Q50 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in