Ordered a map update - got one nearly a year old! - Infiniti Q50 Forum
User Tag List

 8Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-11-2019, 09:13 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Ormond Beach, Florida
Posts: 32
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
 
Default Ordered a map update - got one nearly a year old!

I just ordered a map update for my 2014 Q50 from here"


https://infiniti.navigation.com/en_US/InfinitiNA/USD (in other words, NAVTEQ)



It arrived and I installed it and the "Map Info" button tells me that the version is Aug 19, 2018 - almost a year old! WTF!!


I know from some Garmins that I own with the "lifetime map update" option that new maps are issued 4 times a year. That's NAVTEQ too AFAIK.


You would think that for $109 + tax, they could do a little better than this.


Of course, they're on sale right now, and maybe I've discovered why that is



Anyone else getting screwed like this?
sunset ed is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-11-2019, 09:21 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Chicago
Posts: 246
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 137 Post(s)
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunset ed View Post
I just ordered a map update for my 2014 Q50 from here"


https://infiniti.navigation.com/en_US/InfinitiNA/USD (in other words, NAVTEQ)



It arrived and I installed it and the "Map Info" button tells me that the version is Aug 19, 2018 - almost a year old! WTF!!


I know from some Garmins that I own with the "lifetime map update" option that new maps are issued 4 times a year. That's NAVTEQ too AFAIK.


You would think that for $109 + tax, they could do a little better than this.


Of course, they're on sale right now, and maybe I've discovered why that is



Anyone else getting screwed like this?

Call or email with your valid complaint. Let us know the outcome.
damonb10 likes this.

2018 Q50 AWD Hybrid Black Pearl (Premium Paint). OEM Welcome Lighting OEM Spoiler. Splash Guards.
Jeffpeds is offline  
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-11-2019, 09:27 PM
Master Member
 
blazn420's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 371
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 152 Post(s)
 
Garage
Default Ordered a map update - got one nearly a year old!

They release the updates once a year. I think the new version is available in October. From the store that is.
JohnInNH and Jeffpeds like this.

2015 Q50 Sport AWD
  • BlackVue DR750S-2CH, BlackVue B-124 Battery
  • Viper DS4+ SmartStart Pro
  • PrecisionLED interior light kit
  • Continental DWS 06 A/S tires
blazn420 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-11-2019, 09:35 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Chicago
Posts: 246
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 137 Post(s)
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazn420 View Post
They release the updates once a year. I think the new version is available in October. From the store that is.
Great information. Thank you

2018 Q50 AWD Hybrid Black Pearl (Premium Paint). OEM Welcome Lighting OEM Spoiler. Splash Guards.
Jeffpeds is offline  
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-11-2019, 09:37 PM
Q50 Addict
 
JohnInNH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: SW New Hampshire, USA
Posts: 2,590
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1055 Post(s)
 
Garage
Default

Yep, annual update. That's the latest. I'll get one the end of this year in hopes they added some missing roads. Mine shows me in the woods often. Or even worse a non existent road. A bike path or some other non usable way. "You can't get there that way" what a royal PITA that is!

What is the menu path to check the map version/date?

Last edited by JohnInNH; 07-11-2019 at 09:44 PM.
JohnInNH is offline  
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-11-2019, 10:01 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Ormond Beach, Florida
Posts: 32
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnInNH View Post
Yep, annual update. That's the latest. I'll get one the end of this year in hopes they added some missing roads. Mine shows me in the woods often. Or even worse a non existent road. A bike path or some other non usable way. "You can't get there that way" what a royal PITA that is!

What is the menu path to check the map version/date?

Well, that sucks! I'm STILL gonna call and register my bitch...


The Map Info is simple..."Information" on the main menu screen, and then the "Map Information" button under that. You'll need this when you do order your update, to get the Navi ID number, to give to them.




Thanks everyone!
Jeffpeds likes this.
sunset ed is offline  
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-12-2019, 09:25 AM
Q50 Addict
 
rpiotro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: SE Wisconsin
Posts: 2,309
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 901 Post(s)
 
Default

That's about right. It took almost three years before they updated Wisconsin's interstate highway speed limits.

Chestnut Bronze/Wheat 2014 Q50 Hybrid AWD with tech package.

"Well, are you talkin' about what it is you know or just repeating what it was you heard?"
Grace Slick

"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary."
H. L. Mencken
rpiotro is offline  
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-12-2019, 09:52 AM
Senior Member
 
djrice123's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 285
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 112 Post(s)
 
Default

I should complain to Infiniti then based on your bitching. Bought my 2017 new in Sept 2017 and the map version when I checked it was Jan 2015!!

But at $109 for an update, I'd rather just use my cell/Waze and save the $109 for other go fast upgrades
ptatohed likes this.

2017 Q50S SilverSport
Majestic White/Drivers Assistance Package/SunTek PPF/IGL Kenzo Ceramic/Suntek Tint
GBN Gloss Black Front Splitter/GBN Gloss Back Rear Diffuser/Rogue Style Rear Spoiler Paint Matched
djrice123 is offline  
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-12-2019, 01:34 PM
Master Member
 
blazn420's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 371
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 152 Post(s)
 
Garage
Default

It works out to almost $10 a month if you do it every year. I went from a 2014 to a 2018 map. I might just update it every few years. Until I get my Tesla or Rivian.
rpiotro likes this.

2015 Q50 Sport AWD
  • BlackVue DR750S-2CH, BlackVue B-124 Battery
  • Viper DS4+ SmartStart Pro
  • PrecisionLED interior light kit
  • Continental DWS 06 A/S tires
blazn420 is offline  
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-12-2019, 02:26 PM
Senior Member
 
Osa500's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 266
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
 
Garage
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazn420 View Post
It works out to almost $10 a month if you do it every year. I went from a 2014 to a 2018 map. I might just update it every few years. Until I get my Tesla or Rivian. [IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/InfinitiQ50_org/smilies/tango_face_smile.png[/IMG]
How are you liking the update with the roads? I am thinking about buying it while it’s on sale, I would be going from 2015 to 2018

Nothing to see here...
Osa500 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Infiniti Q50 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in













Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome