New Member - Page 2 - Infiniti Q50 Forum
User Tag List

 12Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-15-2019, 02:04 PM
Q50 Addict
 
BigHeadClan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Cal, AB
Posts: 3,476
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1431 Post(s)
 
Garage
Default

Hah, yes we have very short attention spans some days!

Back on topic I forgot to say welcome aboard Alex, we are experts at spending other peoples money so if you ever need some help with that just let us know!

2009 G37 X - Blue Slate - Michelin X-Ice 3/ Michelin AS/3+ Location: The Great White North

Planned Mods: Takeda Stage II Intakes, Borla Catback Exhaust,
G-Stop SS brake lines, Megan Racing Upper Strut-Tower.

“Passion rules reason, for better or for worse.” - Terry Goodkind
BigHeadClan is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-15-2019, 03:22 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
apineda1515's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
 
Default

Thanks for the welcome. So I've been searching around the forum and found great information. My only concern is that I am a little overwhelmed with the information. So I am not looking into completely tuning my Q50, however, I am interested in doing things here and there to get more HP and TQ out of it. I see that tuning the ECU/tubro is very popular here; however, what are the cons to doing so. Also, do I need to add any bolts on when doing a tuning to better support the tune. I'd like to get the car up to around 400 hp, nothing more than that since it is a lease and I will most likely be returning the vehicle. (Maybe, not sure).
apineda1515 is offline  
post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-15-2019, 03:56 PM
Q50 Addict
 
BigHeadClan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Cal, AB
Posts: 3,476
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1431 Post(s)
 
Garage
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by apineda1515 View Post
Thanks for the welcome. So I've been searching around the forum and found great information. My only concern is that I am a little overwhelmed with the information. So I am not looking into completely tuning my Q50, however, I am interested in doing things here and there to get more HP and TQ out of it. I see that tuning the ECU/tubro is very popular here; however, what are the cons to doing so. Also, do I need to add any bolts on when doing a tuning to better support the tune. I'd like to get the car up to around 400 hp, nothing more than that since it is a lease and I will most likely be returning the vehicle. (Maybe, not sure).
Cat-back exhaust, heat exchanger (added cooling for the tune) and a JB4 to actually make some extra power is what you'd be looking for. You'd be right around 400HP/430TQ
just from those changes.

2009 G37 X - Blue Slate - Michelin X-Ice 3/ Michelin AS/3+ Location: The Great White North

Planned Mods: Takeda Stage II Intakes, Borla Catback Exhaust,
G-Stop SS brake lines, Megan Racing Upper Strut-Tower.

“Passion rules reason, for better or for worse.” - Terry Goodkind
BigHeadClan is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-15-2019, 07:05 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
apineda1515's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
 
Default

Thanks for the information. Do you have any brands that you recommend for the heat exchanger? Do I really need the Cat-back exhaust. I don't want to draw any attention from the police.
apineda1515 is offline  
post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-15-2019, 08:57 PM
Q50 Addict
 
JohnInNH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: SW New Hampshire, USA
Posts: 3,171
Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1330 Post(s)
 
Garage
Default

HE, go AMS, as it is also a available as an Infiniti part. Sooo if Infiniti installed it you may not have to remove and replace the OEM one when you turn it in. Check with the dealer to verify this.
BigHeadClan likes this.

2018 AWD Q50 RS, Graphite Shadow, NO DAS, 255/40ZR19, Pilot Sport 4S, Stillen rear Anti-sway Bar on stiffest, AMS HE, Fast Intentions high flo cats, resonated X-pipe & CBE, VS Forged VS02 19"x9" +33 Slate Gray rims (20 lbs), AMS Intake, Z1 LSD, IPL badge, AMS badge, AMS expansion tank, EcuTek remote tune from Seb at Specialty-Z, Z1 HKS BOVs, AP Racing BBK Radi-Cal II calipers & J hook 2 piece rotors, SS lines, DOT 4, Level 10 Torque converter & transmission
JohnInNH is offline  
post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-16-2019, 11:17 AM
Master Member
 
blazn420's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 441
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 188 Post(s)
 
Garage
Default

Paper straws in plastic containers? I think they got it backwards.

2015 Q50 Sport AWD
  • BlackVue DR750S-2CH, BlackVue B-124 Battery
  • Viper DS4+ SmartStart Pro
  • PrecisionLED interior light kit
  • Continental DWS 06 A/S tires
blazn420 is offline  
post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-16-2019, 12:40 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Greensboro, NC
Posts: 246
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 93 Post(s)
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by apineda1515 View Post
Thanks for the information. Do you have any brands that you recommend for the heat exchanger? Do I really need the Cat-back exhaust. I don't want to draw any attention from the police.
Well no one "needs" an exhaust... And I did other more meaningful mods prior to the exhaust, I ultimately got to the point where I missed the real exhaust sound. In addition to the other stuff members have suggested, if you have the stock Dunlop run flats, you may want to consider replacing with better tires, that was one of my best mods, I feel that the car is more consistent now. I found the stock tires to have poor traction, and handling, especially in snow, but I live in North Carolina, and we don't have much of a snow plow force.

2016 Red Sport 400, Venetian Ruby, BMS JB4 Map 6 (+4 psi), Michelin Pilot Sport AS 3+ (255/40ZR-19, 275/35ZR-19), Mishimoto Oil Catch Can, Cusco Strut Tower Bar, Fast Intentions Resonated Cat Back Exhaust
GSORS400 is offline  
post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-16-2019, 01:29 PM
Q50 Addict
 
Avedis53's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Newport, Oregon
Posts: 4,521
Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2108 Post(s)
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSORS400 View Post
Well no one "needs" an exhaust... And I did other more meaningful mods prior to the exhaust, I ultimately got to the point where I missed the real exhaust sound. In addition to the other stuff members have suggested, if you have the stock Dunlop run flats, you may want to consider replacing with better tires, that was one of my best mods, I feel that the car is more consistent now. I found the stock tires to have poor traction, and handling, especially in snow, but I live in North Carolina, and we don't have much of a snow plow force.
I'd replace the Dumbflop A/S RFTs (if you have them) before I did anything else. They are terrible tires and if you can afford to replace them with a decent A/S tire, you WILL notice an improvement in ride, handing, and noise. Anyone here who has replaced those tires will tell you the same thing also.

2018 Q50 RS 400 AWD - Graphite Shadow - Sensory Package (Sport) - ProACTIVE Package - Continental DWS 06 A/S tires - BMS JB4 w/BT Rev.3 Connect Kit - FI CBE w/resonated X-pipe - Z1 Motorsports 2-Piece brake rotors - Infiniti Motorsports street pads - Stillen rear anti-sway bar - Mishimoto OCC - XPEL Ultimate Protective Paint Film - Color-matched rear spoiler - PrecisionLED light kit - Tuxmats - StrongArm trunk lifts - Escort 360c radar detector w/Blendmount & MirrorTap - Vantrue N2 Pro dashcam
Avedis53 is online now  
post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-16-2019, 02:09 PM
Master Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Chicago
Posts: 396
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 199 Post(s)
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avedis53 View Post
I'd replace the Dumbflop A/S RFTs (if you have them) before I did anything else. They are terrible tires and if you can afford to replace them with a decent A/S tire, you WILL notice an improvement in ride, handing, and noise. Anyone here who has replaced those tires will tell you the same thing also.
You’re improving.

2018 Q50 AWD Hybrid Black Pearl (Premium Paint). Sensory including Bose. ProActive and ProPilot. OEM Welcome Lighting & illuminated kick plates. OEM Spoiler. Splash Guards.
Jeffpeds is online now  
post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-16-2019, 02:54 PM
Q50 Addict
 
Avedis53's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Newport, Oregon
Posts: 4,521
Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2108 Post(s)
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffpeds View Post
You’re improving.
Outstanding post! Oh wait, that's your line.

2018 Q50 RS 400 AWD - Graphite Shadow - Sensory Package (Sport) - ProACTIVE Package - Continental DWS 06 A/S tires - BMS JB4 w/BT Rev.3 Connect Kit - FI CBE w/resonated X-pipe - Z1 Motorsports 2-Piece brake rotors - Infiniti Motorsports street pads - Stillen rear anti-sway bar - Mishimoto OCC - XPEL Ultimate Protective Paint Film - Color-matched rear spoiler - PrecisionLED light kit - Tuxmats - StrongArm trunk lifts - Escort 360c radar detector w/Blendmount & MirrorTap - Vantrue N2 Pro dashcam
Avedis53 is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Infiniti Q50 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools Search this Thread
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome