Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

Picked up a 2016 Q50

947 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Avedis53 
#1 ·
Hello!

I recently purchased a 2016 Q50 Premium in Red with only 23000 miles. This is my first Infiniti, and am enjoying the car immensely. There are lots of curvy and hilly roads up here in the North Georgia Mountains to have fun on!

Couple of things I'm considering:
New down pipes
That fancy "Tesla" style infotainment center replacement
JB1 or JB4
I'm trying to keep the exterior and exhaust looking/sounding as stock as possible. Want to be a sleeper as best I can.

Looking forward to being a part of the community here.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Welcome! Nice find with only 23k miles. Looks awesome!

Keep us updated on your mods.

This is a Awesome site for information and discussion on the Q50.

Word of caution. Just be aware of certain members that post over the top and hysterical comments about OEM parts on the Q50. Posting outrageous comments like stating most members dump a certain OEM part on the Q50. The only thing most members do for certain is drive a Q50.

Other than that you won’t find a better place to learn and get information on the Q50. Enjoy your Q50!

#3 ·
Thanks man!

The wife and I where both looking for new cars that day, and I came across that Q50. I couldn't believe the miles where so low I had to snap it up, feeling pretty **** lucky.

I had known about the Q50/Q60s before but hadn't really considered them. Until the test drive..... I was hooked.

#4 ·
A few things to consider while you're considering: Without a decent CBE, you won't get the all the performance improvement that adding a FDP or LDP and JB4 can provide. The stock exhaust is fairly restrictive, especially the secondary cats. There are low-restriction CBEs out there that improve performance with a minimal increase in exhaust note. I've found that the Fast Intentions CBE does so with the resonated option.

I added a FI CBE after running a JB4 for many months and I can tell you from my experience that it made a noticeable improvement in performance over the JB4 alone using the same map. I have not added a LDP yet but am planning on doing so in the near future. That can increase the exhaust note when installed but will also provide an additional power increase when used with a CBE. I too want a "sleeper" that appears stock and other than different exhaust tips, you can't tell...unless you go WOT.

As far as the Tesla-sized infotainment system is concerned, I'd be interested in one also if they were plug and play with no compromises to the other OEM infotainment features. However, that isn't the case quite yet. Until they are bug-free, I don't think they are worth installing, IMHO. You should search and read the threads on them to see what others have encountered after installing them.

Welcome!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.