Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

Honda Vs Infiniti!

10K views 18 replies 8 participants last post by  m4gnum99 
#1 ·
Hey guys.

I have two cars; a 2017 Accord V6, and a 2015 Q50S AWD.

My wife actually drives the Q now more than me and I've gotten accustomed to driving the FWD Accord. A buddy of mine also has this v6 model and has actually smoked my Q and also the 3.0 silver spot Qs with just a chip and basic bolt ons.

My accord right now is bone stock, and I can still spin the tires with ease. I still love my Q more as the Honda is just a lease but I'm wondering... Is it just me or is the Honda faster off the line? Because I just went from about a month of driving this accord, to my Q today and I gunned it from a dig at a light , in sport mode, and the car just gave me very linear acceleration. When I gun the accord from a dig, I'll spin tires and get knocked back in my seat.

And before you all say it yes I know AWD vs FWD with the traction and my accord has shitty stock tires... But I also just replaced the Q's paper drop in intake filters with those lifetime K+N ... I thought maybe they're actually sucking power instead of helping it ?

Thoughts? Input.

See less See more
#3 ·
Agreed brother. Came from a Maxima and made it to a Q. **** Honda. Buts it's my daily. Lol. My bigger question is ... Do you think the k and N drop in intake filters are worse for the car than the paper replacements ? I do notice the Q seems slower stock than my stock accord v6 off the line. Unless I put the Q in 1st gear manual. I'm talking just mashing the gas in D.

#5 ·
I just feel like with, normal daily driving traction control on in both my 3.5 accord and Q the Q seems super slow off the line. How is yours ? The accord I feel like has more torque , although I haven't scrutinized the two cars weight , especially with options. My Q has all the nannies and probably makes it mad heavy

#8 · (Edited)
I have a 2015 Q50 AWD (NA 3.7) with intake and minor exhaust mods. Before the mods, the Q50 felt like it needed 1-2 seconds to catch up with WOT, then it would throw me in the back of the seat and feel fast up through 60 and into 100 before I let off the gas. With the mods, she feels fast off the line with a linear but hard speed progression.
When I launch it from the line, I have it in sport mode with traction control off, transmission in manual mode, and about 3k in rpms. I usually need to shift into 2nd near immediately or the tac will bounce off the 7500 rpm redline before the shift happens. I have Kumho Ventus S1 tires on 17" wheels right now. I dont think a V6 Honda Accord is faster off the line (30 ft), to 60 mph, or the quarter mile, even though it might "feel" faster.
I've attached a graphic from a 0-60mph comparison that I just ran (https://www.zeroto60times.com/compare-cars/) which tells the tale with data.

Attachments

#9 ·
Thanks for your reply brother. My buddy with his mildly modded v6 accord recorded many a video so I'll find them and post them here for you guys to compare. Even now with no mods if I put her in first in manual, she is quick. But just mashing the gas in D feels so slow. The accord on the other hand mashing the gas "feels" quicker. I think the 2017 Accord 6 is somewhere like 278 hp and comparable torque stock.

#12 ·
Yeah that makes sense, my 02 altima with the v6 with similar mods outrun a bunch of G35/37 from from rolls on the highway, as for traction front wheel drive cars have no trouble braking the front tires loose especially if there is a bit of gravel.
At the end of the day you need to remember your comparing a Q50 that is 3700+lbs to a mid-size sedan that is about 3400, throw in your friends mod and he is probably making similar power at less weight.

#13 ·
I had a G37XS and a Q50S AWD 2014. Both had cold air intake and HFC and Cat back. I can tell you no Accord could even come close. I was able to do a slow pull on a 911 rag top. Truthfully it sounds like your Q50 seems to have lost a little power but who knows? Not sure how much but it should be faster even with his little mods. I am not saying it would smoke him but you should pull on him at least. Actually I have the Stillen Cold air intake for my old 3.7 Q50 for sale along with the HFCs. But the custom cat back went onto the Red Sport >:D If your interested in the other parts let me know I am about to put them on a forum to sell them for some parts for the RS ;)

Maybe a little tune up new plugs etc would help, not sure of the mileage on it however the plugs do last a Long time. Are you running the the correct size tires? If they area little larger that would affect your 0-60 as well.

Reactions: m4gnum99
#14 ·
I had a G37XS and a Q50S AWD 2014. Both had cold air intake and HFC and Cat back. I can tell you no Accord could even come close. I was able to do a slow pull on a 911 rag top. Truthfully it sounds like your Q50 seems to have lost a little power but who knows? Not sure how much but it should be faster even with his little mods. I am not saying it would smoke him but you should pull on him at least. Actually I have the Stillen Cold air intake for my old 3.7 Q50 for sale along with the HFCs. But the custom cat back went onto the Red Sport >:D If your interested in the other parts let me know I am about to put them on a forum to sell them for some parts for the RS ;)

Maybe a little tune up new plugs etc would help, not sure of the mileage on it however the plugs do last a Long time. Are you running the the correct size tires? If they area little larger that would affect your 0-60 as well.

I'm posting from my phone I hope it will let me upload those videos. Gotta show you the videos of the Q vs the accord lol. Also say you're at a red light and you need to get ahead and beat the traffic... Do you just launch from mashing the gas or do you do like some of these guys and really go for it by braking and revving the RPM

#18 ·
My 2011 G37IPL was quicker even though it had a 7 spd. Weight? Maybe the ECU limits power at under 40 mph (just made up that # up ). My IPL did. It was the burn out prevention, tire longevity, traction control. ECU limited full power at low speed.

My Q feels similar. I have not shut off traction control.. just the ATC, and that works.

Reactions: m4gnum99
#19 ·
My q50 is a 2015 with 10k miles , and almost every package the model year offered- could be the driving nannies. Idk. It has the 19" stock wheels, bigger brakes, and I just put in the lifetime K and N Airbox filters. Idk I mean if I put it in first gear I can pull decently but just purely in drive sport mode it's super sluggish, like an earlier poster said I guess it has a lazy first gear

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.