Q50 Red Sport is the worst car I've ever owned-and I had a Range Rover! - Page 4 - Infiniti Q50 Forum
User Tag List

45Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #31 of 53 (permalink) Old 04-12-2019, 10:58 PM
Q50 Addict

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1049 Post(s)

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avedis53 View Post
I bought 800 shares of Apple stock back in '98 for about $23K. I sold the first two 2:1 splits but kept the original shares and invested in other stocks. When it split 7:1, I kept all the shares. So now I have 5,600 shares at about $200/share and the dividends pay out about $1400/month. That was my only real home run in investing.
I was so close to picking up some AMD Shares 3 years ago when they were under $4 a share, I knew they'd go up but was trying to buy a house so I didn't go for it. They are now floating around
$30 a share and will likely hit $40 by end of next year. XD

2009 G37 X - Blue Slate - Michelin X-Ice 3 - Location: The Great White North

Planned Mods: Takeda Stage II Intakes, Borla Catback Exhaust,
G-Stop SS brake lines, Megan Racing Upper Strut-Tower.

“Passion rules reason, for better or for worse.” - Terry Goodkind
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 53 (permalink) Old 04-12-2019, 11:22 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)

Quote:
I bought 800 shares of Apple stock back in '98 for about $23K. I sold the first two 2:1 splits but kept the original shares and invested in other stocks. When it split 7:1, I kept all the shares. So now I have 5,600 shares at about $200/share and the dividends pay out about $1400/month. That was my only real home run in investing.

Nice..game winning home run on that one.

2018 Q50 Hybrid Black Pearl
post #33 of 53 (permalink) Old 04-13-2019, 12:06 AM
Q50 Addict

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quoted: 798 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHeadClan View Post
I was so close to picking up some AMD Shares 3 years ago when they were under $4 a share, I knew they'd go up but was trying to buy a house so I didn't go for it. They are now floating around
$30 a share and will likely hit $40 by end of next year. XD
It went down to ~$1.7x, bought it at $3.

I almost bought FB @ $19...now it's @$170+
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 53 (permalink) Old 04-13-2019, 01:34 AM
Q50 Addict

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 1049 Post(s)

Garage

Ya it's always a kick in the pant, my co-worker sold his shares at $3 and pretty much broke even only to have them bounce up. He was not pleased, I had a good laugh though because hes the head of finance. lol

2009 G37 X - Blue Slate - Michelin X-Ice 3 - Location: The Great White North

Planned Mods: Takeda Stage II Intakes, Borla Catback Exhaust,
G-Stop SS brake lines, Megan Racing Upper Strut-Tower.

“Passion rules reason, for better or for worse.” - Terry Goodkind
post #35 of 53 (permalink) Old 04-13-2019, 06:44 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)

When I had the thought "I should probably look into this bitcoin thing people are all on about" they were just under $1 per bitcoin.
My finger hovered over the mouse button. I thought about buying a hundred of them, thought some more, and then went to ebay and bought a watch instead.
And that is how an ordinary guy narrowly misses becoming a deep millionaire over a Bulova.
footprintsinconc and Jeffpeds like this.

-Jess
2019 Iridium Blue Q50S AWD
post #36 of 53 (permalink) Old 04-13-2019, 09:15 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yardie_TT400 View Post
Sorry to hear the issues with RS. I bought a brand new 17 fully loaded RS. Now with 22k miles, fully tuned on ecutek, DP w/HFCs, z1 diff, ams hx, cbe and ZERO......zilch....issues. Loving my 443whp/525wtq. Change oil via dealer every 5k. My only issue...the dunflops which are long gone. IMHO...great car...but that's just from my experience.
curious sir what your total avg mpg reads after 22K miles? thanks
post #37 of 53 (permalink) Old 04-13-2019, 09:26 AM
Q50 Addict

Quoted: 838 Post(s)

Quote:
You must be the one in 750,000 that has an Infiniti lemon, at least according to our own AutoGuide.com overlord's Lemon List. Just be thankful you don't own a Subaru (1 in 260,000) which is one spot lower than your Land Rover (1 in 328,000).

The only cars worse than a Porsche (1 in 126,000) are Cadillac (1 in 103,000) and rounding out in last place, Fiat (1 in 77,000).

In first place is Toyota (1 in 11,655,000), followed by Honda, Mercedes, BMW, and Buick. They all are above the industry average. Nissan is in 6th place and Infiniti is in 10th place.
Porsche? Cadillac? But, but you must be mistaken. And Honda #2 ? We were led to believe they were crap! J.D.Power said...

Chestnut Bronze/Wheat 2014 Q50 Hybrid AWD with tech package.

"Well, are you talkin' about what it is you know or just repeating what it was you heard?"
Grace Slick

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”
H. L. Mencken
post #38 of 53 (permalink) Old 04-13-2019, 09:27 AM
Q50 Addict

Location: Minnesota, the greater Minneapolis-St Paul metropolitan area where we have too much effen traffic
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 638 Post(s)

Quote:
There is no dedicated fan for the Plasmacutter ionizer according to the service manual. The ionizer is simply mounted in the ventilator duct that provides air flow to the two center and two side ventilator grilles in the upper dash. The only blower unit for the HVAC system is in the A/C unit assembly and it provides flow to all ventilation ducts.

That blower unit is located behind the glove box below where you replace the cabin air filter. That must be what the tech was referring to.

While reading the Ventilation System section, I came across the section regarding the replacement of the cabin air filter.

IN-CABIN MICROFILTER
Exploded View INFOID:0000000012793700
Refer to VTL-15, "Exploded View".
Removal and Installation INFOID:0000000012793701
REMOVAL
1. Remove grove box assembly. Refer to IP-13, "Removal and Installation".
2. Disengage fixing pawl, and then remove filter cover.

I apologize for stereotyping Japanese people who have difficulty enunciating "L"s but to see it in writing made me laugh.
Is this Plasmacutter removable so I can use it in the shop?

Considering the "natural grape seed polyphenol filter", maybe "grove box assembly" is correct since you need someplace to grow the needed grapevines.
rpiotro likes this.

2018 Iridium Blue, AWD, Q50 Red Sport w/ Sensory and ProACTIVE packages and an illuminated grille emblem that is no longer anything special as my neighbor's lowly Chevy truck has one too.
post #39 of 53 (permalink) Old 04-13-2019, 09:28 AM
Q50 Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnInNH View Post
Fiat lol.. sounds about right. Triumph if still around would be up there too. I had 2. Spitfire and a GT6. Guess how many universal joints in the GT6. & Joe Lucas = the prince of darkness.
Ok, I'm sure most of you people have heard this before;

Q: Why do the British drink warm beer?

A: Because they have Lucas refrigerators.

"Well, are you talkin' about what it is you know or just repeating what it was you heard?"
Grace Slick

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”
H. L. Mencken
post #40 of 53 (permalink) Old 04-13-2019, 09:31 AM
Q50 Addict

Quote:
If that's your plan, better get one before the company goes under. Musk's SolarCity venture may prove to be Tesla's undoing. The net debt assumed by Tesla's acquisition of SolarCity was $3.4 billion. Putting that kind of debt onto a car company that has never generated positive cash flow was really stupid IMHO. SolarCity's convertible notes are well underwater and need to be redeemed soon to the tune of $800 million and will need to be settled in cash in all likelihood.

Combining Tesla with SolarCity and issuing straight debt have sentenced this company to financial purgatory, and it is sad that Musk's financial decisions will be the undoing of his automotive genius.
And the model three sales are stumbling after an initial bloom. The styling is unremarkable. Pretty dull looking car.

Grace Slick

H. L. Mencken
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Infiniti Q50 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in