User Tag List

135Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 181 (permalink) Old 06-03-2019, 10:07 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)

Unhappy Q50 just had its worst sales month in history

Infiniti Q50 sales have been abysmal this year. The Q50 is down more than 25% already this year and they just had the single worst sales month(1857 Units Sold) in the Q50's history. All of the Infiniti cars and small SUV sales are extremely low but the medium to large SUV sales are through the roof high.

Infiniti will be fine because of their strong SUV offerings. However, I am not certain how long the Q50 will survive in its current form with sales this low.

Infiniti Q50 US car sales figures

https://infinitinews.com/en-US/infin...may-2019-sales
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 181 (permalink) Old 06-03-2019, 11:10 PM
Q50 Addict

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 1348 Post(s)

Garage

Q50 is due for a refresh in the next year, or so heck we just saw some rumors that Infiniti is possibly showing it's refresh off in November. Low sales numbers when a product
is end of life is common in the industry ... Every car goes through that.

It's also worth pointing out that we are only 4 months into the year, Infiniti still has 6-8 months of sales to account for for 2019.
Depending on local deals, bargains and incentives they could very easily make up the difference.

Also Infinti has some of the single highest profit margins per car sold in the entire industry... It's why they are able to provide
such aggressive lease deals on their cars. Sales figures are just a single data point , you need to look at dozens to get a clear picture.
Q602B, rpiotro, q50adix and 3 others like this.

2009 G37 X - Blue Slate - Michelin X-Ice 3/ Michelin AS/3+ Location: The Great White North

Planned Mods: Takeda Stage II Intakes, Borla Catback Exhaust,
G-Stop SS brake lines, Megan Racing Upper Strut-Tower.

“Passion rules reason, for better or for worse.” - Terry Goodkind
post #3 of 181 (permalink) Old 06-03-2019, 11:17 PM
Master Member

Quoted: 175 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHeadClan View Post
Q50 is due for a refresh in the next year, or so heck we just saw some rumors that Infiniti is possibly showing it's refresh off in November. Low sales numbers when a product
is end of life is common in the industry ... Every car goes through that.

It's also worth pointing out that we are only 4 months into the year, Infiniti still has 6-8 months of sales to account for for 2019.
Depending on local deals, bargains and incentives they could very easily make up the difference.

Also Infinti has some of the single highest profit margins per car sold in the entire industry... It's why they are able to provide
such aggressive lease deals on their cars. Sales figures are just a single data point , you need to look at dozens to get a clear picture.
What he said.^^^^

2018 Q50 AWD Hybrid Black Pearl (Premium Paint). OEM Welcome Lighting OEM Spoiler. Splash Guards.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 181 (permalink) Old 06-04-2019, 06:07 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)

They're also quite a ways behind the competition in a few areas. When we were shopping, the main competition was the Lexus IS, which has offered AC in the seats for over a decade now for example. ****, my 2015 Silverado 3500 has them. Seems like something that would be more attractive to the average consumer than making a car that doesn't have a steering column, but wtf do I know...

-Jess
2019 Iridium Blue Q50S AWD
post #5 of 181 (permalink) Old 06-04-2019, 07:06 AM
Über Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 272 Post(s)

The trend does seem to be towards SUV's. I don't follow the sales of their SUV line up but the QX50 is okay....not awesome in my book. Looked at it for the wife and while the interior was nice it wasn't on-par with others given the infotainment system, etc. I may go SUV next time too but honestly it will depend on what my mood is the day I go out to make a decision. I'm funny like that.

2018 Midnight Black Metallic Infiniti AWD Q50S RedSport
2018 Ruby Red Metallic Lincoln MK-C Reserve | AWD 2.3l EcoBoost - Wife's
2001 Patriot Blue Pearl Jeep Cherokee Limited - Son's
2014 Brilliant Black S4| S-Tronic | 187mm APR Stage 2 Dual Pulley & APR TCU Tunes | APR CPS - 480hp/440tq - SOLD
post #6 of 181 (permalink) Old 06-04-2019, 10:46 AM
Q50 Addict

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBear View Post
They're also quite a ways behind the competition in a few areas. When we were shopping, the main competition was the Lexus IS, which has offered AC in the seats for over a decade now for example. ****, my 2015 Silverado 3500 has them. Seems like something that would be more attractive to the average consumer than making a car that doesn't have a steering column, but wtf do I know...
Aye cooled seats were a surprising exclusion, although when the Q50 it was kind of rare the segment has just moved on... It's strange though because you can get them in the Maxima and G37 Cab.
I'd honestly be very shocked if they were not included with the refreshed car, I'm personally really hoping Genesis G70 pushes Infiniti back towards the sporty end of the segment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdqgp View Post
The trend does seem to be towards SUV's. I don't follow the sales of their SUV line up but the QX50 is okay....not awesome in my book. Looked at it for the wife and while the interior was nice it wasn't on-par with others given the infotainment system, etc. I may go SUV next time too but honestly it will depend on what my mood is the day I go out to make a decision. I'm funny like that.
Man your car buying decisions are a fickle as the wind eh? The QX50 interior does look very good, at least based on pictures I've not sat in one yet.
Sedans/Coupes for life for me though, even if I get married and had kids It would stay that way... Would just get the wife to get a SUV for hauling stuff.
rpiotro likes this.

2009 G37 X - Blue Slate - Michelin X-Ice 3/ Michelin AS/3+ Location: The Great White North

post #7 of 181 (permalink) Old 06-05-2019, 12:54 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)

Garage

The QX50 has the best interior in the lineup imo. Yes the infotainment system is basically a copy paste from the Q50 but from a design perspective they nailed it.
Q602B likes this.

Nothing to see here...
post #8 of 181 (permalink) Old 06-05-2019, 02:42 AM
Über Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 356 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osa500 View Post
The QX50 has the best interior in the lineup imo. Yes the infotainment system is basically a copy paste from the Q50 but from a design perspective they nailed it.
The engine is great, but the CVT - meh.

2017 Q60 Red Sport AWD Iridium Blue / Monaco Red / Premium Plus Package 3.0t Sport / Infiniti Sport Mats / FI Full Catted DPs & CBE / Stoptech Trophy BBK FR & RR w/SS-Braided Brake Lines / Infiniti HE / Infiniti Intakes / AMS HPFP / Ecutek Tune / BMS Pedal Tuner / Infiniti Radiant Sport Grille / EMM Tuning CF Foglight Finishers / CF Duckbill RR Spoiler / Mishimoto OCC / Stillen Rear Stab Future: AMS LPFP / AMS CF DS / Z1 LSD / Vorsteiner 20" VFF 112s (Staggered) / Michelin Pilot 4Ss
post #9 of 181 (permalink) Old 06-05-2019, 09:13 AM
Master Member

Quoted: 175 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osa500 View Post
We are in the market for a new SUV. The QX50 is a contender for certain. The interior is on par with the Lexus and Cadillac we are also considering. I’m a huge fan of the 2 screen setup especially during long trips. We will probably wait until September to see if a hybrid is offered.

2018 Q50 AWD Hybrid Black Pearl (Premium Paint). OEM Welcome Lighting OEM Spoiler. Splash Guards.
post #10 of 181 (permalink) Old 06-05-2019, 11:43 AM
Q50 Addict

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffpeds View Post
We are in the market for a new SUV. The QX50 is a contender for certain. The interior is on par with the Lexus and Cadillac we are also considering. I’m a huge fan of the 2 screen setup especially during long trips. We will probably wait until September to see if a hybrid is offered.
I'm pretty sure we will see a hybrid but not till the new platform is released and maybe a year or so after that, which would coincide nicely for it's mid-cycle refresh and ensure there isn't any
quirks with the VC-T engine.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Infiniti Q50 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in